navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Caught in a tear
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Caught in a tear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-10-15 08:08 PM

NOTE: ok the little side note next to the title means this.....my 1st and only girlfriend lasted for 2yrs. One whom i truly did love.........ask San. My love wasn't this cheap misinterpretation of teenage lust. Mine was as real as real could get. I'm sure San will comment on this poem and tell you all about it....in fact, i want him too. So here's the poem i wrote SECONDS after i got dumped.

Caught in a Tear: - Written a few minutes after the end of my all -

My rose had died.
My tree just tore.
I lived a lie,
The life I wore.

My heart still beats.
My blood stands still.
I defy all feats.
My love windmill.

My light has faded.
My souls a mess.
The surface jaded.
The heart break confess.

My tears run dry.
My smile all worn.
I lived a lie.
A life all torn.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Morouxshi San
since 2000-10-11
Posts 207
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-10-15 09:28 PM

well i really dont know what is it that dope wants me to tell you bout his relationship.
but heres a little overview.
it lasted for 2 years, it had its ups and downs but you could tell that dope had something more than just the everyday kind of love. me being a illusionist and a perfectionist idealize love pretty much he does, he apparently found it, for a short while. when everything was going the best it was going (atleast i saw it that way) summer came and all hell with it, everything went mostly wrong for everyone (ill have some info on this in my site later). everyone includes dope, and then started the painfull reconstruction process (see my poem "3rd person introspect") that has lasted for a while...

San, the wise
San, the dumb
San, the guy...

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2000-10-15 09:38 PM

very well expressed Dopey.  Awesome.  this is one of those that deserve a standing ovation, specially this line:

"I lived a lie,
The life I wore."

Marvelous!!!

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-10-16 05:42 AM

Nicely written Javier! Your words express the sorrow and futility of this painful moment well. Nice form and rhymes, it reads smoothly (like the title for this too). Well done!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2000-10-16 12:41 PM

Kit stole all of my thoughts on this one.  So I'll just say I agree with her and wonderful job on this one.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-10-16 01:44 PM

Well id like to thank San for giving a brief over view of it all. I'd also like to thanks acire for the kick butt compliments and kit for hers and liking the title (i do too)..... lakewalker, you know your the man..hahaha.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
6 posted 2000-10-16 03:50 PM

you knwo how much i love this!! keep it up!!!!
~*Justine*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Caught in a tear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary