navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Happy
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Happy Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas

0 posted 2000-10-13 09:00 PM

Happy
That's way I always have to be
No one knows what is deep inside of me
I never frown
I don't want people to know that I'm down
They don't see me in my room at night
Or when I sleep and hold my pillow tight
And when I cry
I bet they have no idea I wanna die
So...
happy?
That's not me
Why can't people open their eyes and see?
This world just gives me a scare
I wish someone would open their arms and care
So...
Happy?
No that's not me
Why don't you open my heart and take a look and see

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

© Copyright 2000 Nikkisweet - All Rights Reserved
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
1 posted 2000-10-13 10:18 PM

WoooW I loved this poem!! This is EXACTLY how i use to feel except i totally broke..i lasted a good 3 years but everyone has their breaking point. Sometimes i wish it was still like that though. N e wayz i know exactly how your feeling...awesome poem!
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-10-13 11:18 PM

Well i hope things do get better cutie...... i dont want things to be bad in anybodies life but oh well, thats wishful thinking. Good luck!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-10-14 01:12 PM

This is a very good poem, I like how you expressed yourself! I have a question though, how can you say:
"I never frown
I don't want people to know that I'm down"
and them ask everyone to know that you're not happy all of the time?  Please don't think I'm trying to be mean, I'm just saying, you can't have it both ways.  Anyway, great poem!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
4 posted 2000-10-14 01:57 PM

I just wrote what I was feeling.  And I wanted to ryme, so you're right it doesn't make sence, but it rymes!

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-10-14 06:37 PM

Nikki - I have one thing to say.  How can you expect people to see what's in you, when you're not helping the situation either by hiding.  Open up so everyone around you can see what you are truly about. keep ya head up

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
6 posted 2000-10-14 08:30 PM

Well, I know people don't like to hear my problems so I don't act or say anything that would give anyone the impression that I'm sad or upset.  I make more friends if I let everyone know that I'm a positive and happy person.

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
7 posted 2000-10-14 08:42 PM

Why live your life as someone that you're not???  I think having one or two good friends who know who you really are is much better than many who don't know the real you.  

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
8 posted 2000-10-14 08:52 PM

Nikki~
I think that going through our lives we feel like this at least once...And it will continue throughout our lives...But things will get better...While smile if you dont mean it???I know I do but deep down inside I just want to let the tears fall...Hang in there girl...If you ever wanna talk email me...OK???

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
9 posted 2000-10-15 08:16 PM

I have one really good friend that knows who I really am and she understands me.  And also my boyfriend...I can always go to him when I'm having a bad day.  But I think it would be disturbing to other people if I told them when I was down all the time, cause I have a lot of down days...they wouldn't want or care to hear it.

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Happy

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary