navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Stop
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Stop Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A

0 posted 2000-06-25 05:12 PM

Days, months, years,
I've withstanded abuse.
Too many times,
I let my opinion lose.
Every futile effort
I've made to render silence
leaves me further engulfed
and enraged with feelings of violence.
Leave me in my peace
with security through the night.
With every insulting line
is another internal fight.

Jeremy D. Halstead   6/25/00

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy D. Halstead - All Rights Reserved
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
1 posted 2000-06-25 05:20 PM

Once agian Jeremy, a wonderful peace of art. You have a great talent.

This is exactly the way I feel. People then tell you you should open up, talk to them, but it is easier said than done. If you have been living your whole life this way, how can you change in just one day!

Fantabulous poem!

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-06-25 07:46 PM

Jeremy~ about the poem-Wonderful!! I'm sorry to hear this pain is eating at you away so much. What I don't understand is the full meaning behind it. If you're having problems with something I'd be glad to listen and help as much as I possibly can!! Please e-mail me and let me know what's goin on. If ya want! Love Always~*~Jess~*~

p.s~sorry that I haven't been in touch as much lately!!! I've been at chris' house a lot helping him with everything going on. I still love ya, Chris just really needs me right now and I wouldn't give up the chance to do everything I possibly can for the world! You know how that is I'm sure!   Love ya!

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
3 posted 2000-06-26 12:24 PM

great work as always you always seem to do something great and then come back with something even greater. love the piece keep them coming.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-06-26 12:53 PM

This is a great poem. I know what it's like to be tormented like this. As long as you keep your head up, they can never win. If you ever need to talk, feel free to e-mail me!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-06-26 01:20 AM

there are some people that write poems just to write like i do...but then there are people who take problems in there lives and write about them like you...your poems are beautiful...i really give you props for this one...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
6 posted 2007-11-18 03:28 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Stop

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary