navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Lost Mother
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Lost Mother Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
QTpieOmy
since 2000-06-20
Posts 11
Illinois

0 posted 2000-06-20 03:26 AM

My mom was in jail for three months, and she just got out tonight. Its hard to explain the way I've been feeling about her...

My best friend is lost
Put away for doing wrong
She shouldn't have done that
Got herself in trouble
Drugs lead her the wrong way
I told her thats what they would do-
Drugs are no good
Did she listen?
No she didnt
And now shes in jail
No where to be seen
She wanted me to come visit her
She wanted me to write
She wanted me to talk on the phone
But it was too late
She lost my confidence in her
That only a mother could have
I looked up to her for all my life
And now all my faith in her is lost
She lost the most important thing
That she could ever have
Her childs faith in her
How could she do that?
No body knows
I wish I had the answers...
Shes back at home now
But still hasn't gained her childs faith
She said she had time to think
That now she knows whats important
Its not drugs
Or her friends,
Or money,
Instead its her child
Her child is now her number one priority
So she says
Do I believe that?
After all the lies
After all the faith that was lost
Do I believe it?
My best friend is lost...

© Copyright 2000 Tara Clausen - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-06-20 03:47 AM

i see and feel your pain here. see i use to do drugs and i found this girl and she changed me and i stoped for her and i saw how much of my life i messed up from them and now i'm fighting for that time back. and it hurts me even more seeing my best friend still doing them to calm his depression about his life and i myself don't know how to help him without loseing him as my best friend.

I'm the lord, I'm the havoc, I'm the soul

QTpieOmy
since 2000-06-20
Posts 11
Illinois
2 posted 2000-06-20 03:52 AM

Jeremiah- First of all, thanks for reading my poem! I'm glad you stopped doing drugs and saw how much they can really mess up your life. As for your friend, thats hard. I dont know what to tell you, he really needs to stop that though, before something bad happens to him, I hope he realizes that before its too late...
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2000-06-20 04:35 AM

QTpieOmy: This is a quite a sad poem for the fact that you have lost faith in your mother. You must remember though that as much as you may feel that she has betrayed you and hurt you, people can change. Voice of experience right here.

I can not begin to understand the pain that you are going through. I hope that everything works out alright.

~AF~

"Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement."
Christopher Fry

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 posted 2000-06-20 05:34 AM

This is so sad...losing faith in the one you trusted most. I hope one day it can be restored.
Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
5 posted 2000-06-20 05:18 PM

well penned poem. sometimes when people try to do free verse, it comes out all wrong. but you have composed a well written one with a strong rhythm.

as for your mom, i do believe she deserves a 2nd chance. because if she's telling you the truth, then she has come to grips with some of the most painful and frightening emotions that not only she has faced, but ones that anyone can face. People change their minds all the time, their hearts; not so often. She knows this is her 2nd chance and possibly her last. i say give it to her. if she has faced her demons, then she has earned it.

We all got somethin' we need to atone for.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
6 posted 2000-06-20 05:25 PM

I admire your courage for writing this. Being a poet is sometimes the only way to handle situations that cause us great pain.

People make mistakes. Mothers are no different. Love her. Forgive her. Give her another chance. You won't regret it, I promise you! Sometimes taking drugs is a way to cover up a deeper pain....allow her to talk to you...be ]b]her[/b] friend! You will be glad you did.

I like your poem by the way! Look forward to reading more from you.  

kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
7 posted 2000-06-20 07:35 PM

first and foremost, i appluade for being able to pen your thoughts on paper...that must have been a hard one to write...

i agree with the rest...find it within you to give her another chance...families are the people who we are stuck with for the rest of our lives(whether we like it or not LOL) and she must be feeling real rotten and vulnerable about herself....stick with her...(she probably needs your support now)...and blaze all obstacles together

i wont pretend i understand your pain...i dont...but i do hope that everything will turn out just fine

regards

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
8 posted 2007-11-17 02:04 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Lost Mother

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary