navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Sorry Dad
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sorry Dad Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
just_another_fe
since 2000-02-05
Posts 483
MICHIGAN

0 posted 2000-12-04 03:12 PM

Sorry dad...
  that your so disappointed in me.
I'm sorry that I didn't turn out
   however you wanted me to be.

Sorry dad...
  that I take guys to meet my brother
    instead of you.
Sorry that they ask
   why I don't take them to meet you.

Sorry dad...
  that I had a daughter
    when I was still young.
Sorry that unlike you daddy
   I'm not the prefect one.

Sorry dad...
  if I'm not a good enough
    mom or daughter for you.
Sorry that you don't approve
   of anything I do.

Sorry dad...
  that you really don't know me.
I'm sorry that this is how
   "daddys little girl" turned out to be.

Sorry dad...
  I'm sorry I'm me.
    but this is what I turned out to be.
I love you dad, I'm sorry.
   Signed....Angie

© Copyright 2000 Angie - All Rights Reserved
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

1 posted 2000-12-04 04:06 PM

Very good poem!  It is very tragic when parents force whatever their status quo may be on their children.  You captured this very well.
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
2 posted 2000-12-04 04:19 PM

Oh Angie... this was just beautiful! I hope you give him the chance to read this also.  Good luck with all,my friends.

DkW

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2000-12-04 05:08 PM

Very nice statement of your feelings...I wrote a poem for my dad and it took me a very long time before I was able to do this...disappointments linger for a long time...I wanted my feelings to come out right...I didn't want to only dwell on the disappointments...I wanted to understand our relationship...James
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
4 posted 2000-12-04 05:28 PM

just_another_fe,
Let me tell you as a parent...our children never turn out to be the way we want them to be...but with a little luck and lots of prayer...they turn out to be the way we hoped they would. Excellent write.
write on
Kethry

Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant - Thoreau

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
5 posted 2000-12-05 05:39 PM

Angie...As a father of two girls I can tell you that the disappointment is not yours, it is his.  He is not disappointed in you, he is disappointed in himself....taking responsibility for not bringing you up better.  But I wouldn't worry....just live your life, love your dad, and it WILL get better for the both of you.  Maturity works wonders...and it works on your dad as well as you.  If you ever need a "dad" to talk to, I'm here.  Hardrock
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Sorry Dad

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary