navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Last Call
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Last Call Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio

0 posted 2000-10-28 03:11 AM

hey yall
well look whos back.  yup its passions outlaw jesse jaymz.  =)  but sadly i am back with a sad poem. =(  as most of you know i play in a band.  and tonight we had a gig.  well since i broke up with my ex the gigs get harder and harder.  alot of the songs we play remind me of her.  sadly thats what you get playing in a country band.  =)  well tonight was very hard for me.  so i wrote this trying to discribe what i feel.  i hope you all like it.  tell me what you think.  feedback always makes me smile even on my darkest dayz.  tell me what yall think.

Last Call

Standing here playing
in this smoke filled room
smelling nothing but ciggerettes
and that whiskeys sweet perfume
i play my heart out on stage
and give the people a hell of a show
but deep down inside my heart is bleeding
emotions i can never show
every song we play
brings back a memory
of when there used to be an us
insted of a you and me
i got everybody thinking
that i am superman strong
they think that i am over you
well they couldnt be more wrong
even infront of a soldout crowd
i still feel so alone
cuz the only one i wanna see
is 500 miles away at home
we start to play a slow song
and the people start to dance
looking out at that hardwood floor
all you see is sweet romance
i would give everything i own
just to have one last dance with you
but alas you are married now
and theres nothing i can do
so i just sit here and play
while deep down inside i cry
cuz the day that i lost you
was the day a part of me died
i try and drift away
and lose myself in the melody
but when i close my eyes
your angelic face is all that i see
i am haunted by your memory
i just cant let you go
words cant express the way that i feel
or how much i love you so
why does this always happen to me
it always turns out this way
whenever i get get close to something
it always get ripped away
time to go home now
the bartender yells last call
final song of the night
so the band gives it there all
i pack up my gear
and hit the open road
carrying with me
this sad and heavy load
before i get in bed
i give you picture a kiss
wishing that i was in virginia
and i didnt have to go threw this
so now i will cry myself to sleep
and dream of me and you
cuz in my dreamz we are still together
and our love is still true
i wish it wasnt a fantisy
i wish i could wake up in your arms
insted up here in the cold cold north
on this lonely farm
so i will sit back in the shadow
with my guitar and play
waiting for my dreamz to be real
waiting for that faitful day
when you will be back in my arms again
and i will hold you tight
insted of sitting here alone
on this windy night
i drift off into sleep
for tomarrows another lonley day
hoping that someone can help me
and take my pain away...

Jesse C. Jaymz

Once upon a time there was a light in my life, now theres only love in the dark, There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

© Copyright 2000 Jesse Jaymz - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2000-10-28 10:34 AM

Hey Jesse, glad to see you back. Yeah you and I are in the same hell. If only life would drop a little good things our way..Sigh. This was great, love the poem, sorry for the sadness behind it.
Sandra

Victoria
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-08-12
Posts 5869

2 posted 2000-10-28 12:04 PM

Hi jesse..i truly enjoyed reading..you are very talented..and i bet HE cant write as well as you..  

~Victoria~

A poem is never finished, only abandoned.
- Paul Valery (1871-1945)

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
3 posted 2000-10-28 12:28 PM

Jesse,

I am sorry for your pain.  I have told you a thousands times I would take it away if I could.  I love you poem.  Keep writing, it will help to spend you sorrows.  Keep the faith hun, I promise things will get better.

~warmest hugs~

LM
since 2000-08-03
Posts 585

4 posted 2000-10-28 01:12 PM

Hey Jess! ((Hugs))
I'm sorry you feel sad and lonely, we're here for you, to listen and sympathise...
Glad to see you back, I really enjoy reading your sweet poems.
Take Care!

"Most girls want a man with the mean green
Don't wanna dance if he can't be
Everything that I dream up
A man that understands real love"

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
5 posted 2000-10-28 03:08 PM

catalinamoon:  oh hun i know we are both in this same pain.  it really hurts to see the only one you truly loved with another.  and i will be here for you just like you are here for me.  *hugs*  thanks

Victoria:  you are so sweet.  i dont know about his writing skillz     i do know one thing.  i dont know about how this guy is but she will never find devotion and love more true then mine.  just wish she could see it.  thanks  

rosepetals25: *huggles back*  i know you would.  and i owe you alot for you helping me.  you have kept me sane many a night.  thank you hun.  it means alot.  *huggles*

LM:  stop saying that stuff     your making me blush    thats a good thing though.  glad you liked the poem.  glad you like my other peoms too.  it means so much that someone that i dont even know would love my stuff so much.  thank you  *hugs*

Once upon a time there was a light in my life, now theres only love in the dark, There's nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
6 posted 2000-10-28 08:00 PM

I too know that pain Jesse hon.  This was a beautiful piece of heartfelt writing the kind that can do no wrong.
Glad you are back here In Passions we've missed our outlaw!!!
Just remember you are not alone you have lots of us here in Passions who love and care about you.  
And I gotta add the roar of the crowd, the music, the smells, the feelings when performing are always a bonus sad or not, try to remember that..
Love you my little bro,
Isis

*I believe every time you put your words to paper, you change. Each feeling is set free, and you may follow.....*
~Isis~Goddess~~Sovereign of the Sp

Ron K. Fox
since 2000-10-24
Posts 925

7 posted 2000-10-28 10:25 PM

hi jess, my first encounter with you, sorry its so sad, but if I could carry that pain for you I would, just heave it over. But we both know that can't happen and you'll need to heal on your terms. hey maybe we can write a song or two together, i can think up of some lyrics so you'll be rich 'n famous and she'll come a runnin. Unless of course you'll want to just keep all the babe groupies instead.you'll do fine .

[This message has been edited by Ron K. Fox (edited 10-28-2000).]

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
8 posted 2000-10-29 01:22 AM

isis:  my sweet sister thank you.  i know you and alot of people here at passions care about this lonley rebel.  and that means alot to me.  passions has become a home to me over these past few months.  a place where i can go and say my feelings and not have people look at me and judge.  *hugs*  thank you hun

Ron K. Fox:  hehehehe  a song huh?  i write those too.  =)  sure lets write one together. doubt she would come running back but hell its worth a shot.  =)  thanks my friend.  i needed that laugh.  and thank you for liking my work.

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
9 posted 2000-10-29 01:25 AM

[This message has been edited by Jesse Jaymz (edited 10-29-2000).]

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
10 posted 2000-10-29 02:12 PM

Oh Jesse, I am so sorry you are still going through the pain of your ex.  I would say "time" heals all, but in some cases it just doesnt.    We all have some sort of pain we have to encounter on a daily basis.  In my case its my overbearing ex-husband, but hey fight it!!  Find something that keeps you going and stick with it.  I have my kids, (thank Gawd) if I didnt have them , who knows where I would be right now.

Peace and hugz to ya, Jesse
DkW

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
11 posted 2000-10-29 09:59 PM

dkw
*hugs*  thank you very much for replying.  means alot to me that people like my work.  i havent seen you in a while.  hope you are well.  yes time is suppose to heal aint it??  with me it only hurts more.  *sigh*  wish i could just turn back time.  thanks hun.
love ya
jesse

firejerm
since 2000-06-13
Posts 217
Springfield, OH, good ol USA
12 posted 2000-10-30 12:56 PM

Damn if I haven't written these myself before.  This great piece of work falls on unfortunate circumstance.  I don't like country music, but this one would be a hit dude.  You brought back the same pain I felt last year and it hurt. *raises a glass to you*  The road does smooth out, but it takes a little time.  Keep writin, and keep playing...I know how important that is, I use to play drums in a band...it's a great avenue for emotional travel.

Keep the faith

Jeremy

"Those little slices of death, how I loathe them."
-Edgar Allen Poe

kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia
13 posted 2000-10-30 07:00 AM

Ah Jesse-I can feel your sadness.Just sending you a {{hug}}. Hope that helps some.

--------------
You got to get up every morning with a smile on your face
and show the world all the love in your heart
Then people are gonna treat you better
You're gonna find, yes you will
That your beautiful as you feel.~~~ Carol King

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
14 posted 2000-10-30 09:52 PM

Jeremy:  thank you my friend.  not sure if i could put this to music though  =)  hehhehe.  yes the road right now is bad.  really bad.  but hopefully the road will flatten.  i dont know.  thank you my friend.

kitkat:  *hugs*  yes the pain is still tough.  nights are so bad.  am i that bad of a person???  am i so bad that i cant find love??  *cries*  i got to go.  thank you hun  *hugs*

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
15 posted 2000-10-30 10:15 PM

Oh Jesse hun, your last reply made me cry for you.  It isnt that you are a BAD person! So dont think that way.  You just havent found that "one special" person yet.  Believe in "DESTINY" and that the person will enter your life when you can handle it the best.  From what I can tell.... you are a mess.  So hold that head up HIGH and take a deep breathe.  Look around yourself.... she might be looking back at you one day soon.  

Hugz to ya hun,
DkW

P.S.  READ MY QUOTE!!!!  

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
16 posted 2000-10-30 10:36 PM

oh hun
*hugs*  thank you so much.  that reply has me more in tears then this whole weekend.  i wish i could give you a huge hug.  i would give my life to look into my ladys eyes and show her how much i love her.  but alas i am just a broken angel.  can anyone fix me??   i dont know.  =(  i hope so.  thank you hun.  *hugs*  icq me sometime.  we will talk  
love ya
jesse

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Last Call

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary