navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fork in the road
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fork in the road Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S

0 posted 2000-10-20 09:54 PM

As i stand apon this road
     I only ask why(?)
    Must this fork devide.
To go in a different section
   After choseing one path
       Never to know
    The others Direction

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

© Copyright 2000 E'Val - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-10-24 10:21 PM

Sorry i just had to boot it up to get some replies because i feel it deals with a question we all ask.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2000-10-24 10:35 PM

Thank God those forks in the road don't come to often because they can definately leave you wondering...I think there is plenty to keep us occupied no matter which road we choose and one path would not necessarily be more interesting or exciting than the other...or would it...most importantly choose the right road...the one that is best for you...danger lurks on the wrong road...James
DJLI
since 2000-06-21
Posts 237
TN, USA
3 posted 2000-10-25 08:55 PM

I agree with James, any more and I'd have a nervice breakdown...this poem reminds me of a movie that came out not to long ago: "Sliding Doors"...o.k., its a chick flick, but its really good and really makes you think of all th 'what ifs' in life.  Great Poem.

P.L.U.R.

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
4 posted 2000-10-26 11:44 AM

Jeremiah, I have so often thought of this, what if I had turned the other way, chosen the other path? Without fail, I apparently choose the wrong one. Hope you do better..
Sandra

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fork in the road

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary