navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Sagittarius- the Centaur (astrology challenge)
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sagittarius- the Centaur (astrology challenge) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia

0 posted 2000-09-11 07:02 PM

A double acrostic. This was really HARD, my sense of balance requires rhyme and meter so hopefully it's internal. But the lines just kept getting longer.

Sagittarius, born of Centaur's git, known to be nefarious- the archer's sign is it
Always seeks the best, always aims high, unlike the rest, strives for perfection, sigh
Going is out, seldom alone, nature is open,  introspection has none
In a hurry, playing the trick, always restless, looking chic
Tactless, gives free advice, no sense to see others worth or price
Tsunami in bright clothing, generous and willing, whirlpool in a spin
A sense of humor sometimes bright lit, sometimes dark, lives by intuit
Rarely at a lost for words, imagination meets her, at a party laugh is hearty, eats jam on  pizza
I the central figure, to itself is true, an anomaly and honest more than me or you
Uconditionally real, whose sometimes passions soar,love the ancient seal causes the crowd to roar
Sagittarius the only one that plays up to the gods, passions pride on the run and with silver muse is shod.

< !signature-->

"It is the image in the mind that links us to lost treasures;
but it is the loss that shapes the image,
gathers the flowers weaves the garland."-

[This message has been edited by Kethry (edited 09-11-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Lynne Dale - All Rights Reserved
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
1 posted 2000-09-11 08:00 PM

Kethry,
I tried one of these the other day, spent hours on it, then just gave up. I am in awe of your poem. A double acrostic is darn hard.
Great work
Liz

rosepetals25
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-05-31
Posts 3076
PA
2 posted 2000-09-11 08:11 PM

Kethry,

Wow.. your poem is wonderful.. I am interested in trying this challange.. but I don't know what my 2nd word would be.. One side would be Cancer.. but.. ~sighs~ I am clueless about the other side. Maybe I will think of something.  Great job  

rp25

Romy
since 2000-05-28
Posts 1170
Plantation, Florida
3 posted 2000-09-11 08:21 PM

I'm impressed! This must have been very difficult to write, but it turned out great!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2000-09-11 09:18 PM

As a fellow Sag, Kethry, I'm only going to compliment you on your poem well done...twice...and I will not even attempt to follow in your horseshod steps now...

just know that I very much appreciate your having posted this...as I think I will make a lovely hanging of it!  

Fantastic!

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
5 posted 2000-09-11 09:26 PM

I applaud your effort, Kethry, but jam on pizza???
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
6 posted 2000-09-12 01:10 AM

Liz. Thank you for the awe. The lettering wasn't hard but the internal ryhming was. And as I said the lines are too long.

Rosepetals25 you could try "the crab" with a ... at the beginning of the last line. Good luck.

Debbie, thanks for the impression. It was not exactly difficult but I struggled with the form and it still doesn't look right. On my original the last letters manage to stay on one line which is what I was aiming for.

Aww Sunshine com'on, I was only playing. I was sooo looking forward to read what you wrote.

Deer, it was originally pepperoni but I couldn't twist it to fit. Besides I wanted to see if ppl read all the poem or went into automatic response mode.  

"It is the image in the mind that links us to lost treasures;
but it is the loss that shapes the image,
gathers the flowers weaves the garland."-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Sagittarius- the Centaur (astrology challenge)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary