navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Special Angels Watching Over You (for cathybohannon)
Open Poetry #9
Post A Reply Post New Topic Special Angels Watching Over You (for cathybohannon) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
susanbartee
since 2000-08-15
Posts 119
Channelview, TX USA

0 posted 2000-08-29 06:00 PM

Special Angels Watching Over You

Although we never saw your face
And never felt your warm embrace
We know your heart and wish you well
As we, your children, to mother do tell.

Mom, we know you miss us
And really wish us there
But, oh, how beautiful
How beautiful this air.

We’ve been kicking up the gold dust
In our wings of white
Daddy is here with us
Loving us with all his might.

Someday you will come join us
Join us in this beautiful land
We’ll kick up gold dust together
All walking hand in hand.

Mom, we’re watching over you
We know the words of your heart
We know you’ll always love us
And our love also will never part.

(cathybohannon – this is for you and I hope you don’t mind, your poem touched me so much that I wanted to give you something in return)  Hugs and smiles!!

© Copyright 2000 Susan Bartee - All Rights Reserved
Mark Bohannan
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-21
Posts 7269
In the winds of Cherokee song
1 posted 2000-08-29 08:29 PM

Susan....first off let me tell you how much of a sweetheart you are.  This poem is truely lovely.  There was some confusion I am afraid about my sisters poem and I left a note in my reply to her.  She was unaware of posting pre-post comments and Though THIS IS A TRUE TO LIFE POEM OF HERS...it is NOT about her children.  We have a friend from high school with whom she has written this for and I left more info on her post for you and all others who read this.  Please know that it was unintentional on her part and I thank you again for your tender and loving heart.  
ladysixstring
since 2000-07-27
Posts 374

2 posted 2000-08-30 12:43 PM

This is so sweet... so beautiful.  I like the "kicking up the gold dust".  

-jaimie

susanbartee
since 2000-08-15
Posts 119
Channelview, TX USA
3 posted 2000-08-30 02:28 PM

Mark Bohannon - thank you as always for your beautiful, kind words.  Feel free to pass the poem to the real mother.  I just saw a post of yours; gonna go read it now.  Talk to you soon.  You and your sister are such dears.

LadySixStrings - thank you for your very kind words.  "Kicking up the Golddust" is actually a poem I wrote after my mother passed away.  Will post it in a moment.  The loss of a loved one cannot be diminished in the words of a poem, but writing that one really did help me alot as I know that is exactly what she is doing right now!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #9 » Special Angels Watching Over You (for cathybohannon)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary