navwin » Main Forums » English Workshop » protagonists
English Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic protagonists Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2001-12-17 03:19 AM

Is it an indication of homosexuality to write stories in first person with female protagonists?

THis has been bugging me ever since I wrote my "A Possible Future of Earth" about that right wing society with the oppressed women.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

© Copyright 2001 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2001-12-17 08:57 AM

Absolutely not!!! A writer writes..no matter whose perspective it's from. I've written as though from a man's viewpoint many times.

One of my favorite books, "Mine" by Robert MacCammon was written from the perspective of two women, the antagonist and protaganist. I have to tell you, I've never read a better 'take' on a woman's view than that book!!

So write how you want!!!

hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
2 posted 2001-12-18 12:13 PM

LOL, that's like asking if reading or writing depressing poetry is a sign of depression. It might be.... do you feel homosexual? If so, it probably is. Not to sound like I'm trying to analyze you, but you're questioning your own sexuality.... look into it further. If there's nothing there, then that's exactly what it is.... nothing. If there is something there, then you have to be totally honest with yourself, but if it's just something you wondered because you're getting hassled about it or something, and you personally aren't concerned... then don't be. If you know yourself, who cares about anything else, right?

"we are all citizens of the womb before we subdivide
into shades and sexes- this side, that side" -Ani DiFranco

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » English Workshop » protagonists

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary