navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Is it ever enough?
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Is it ever enough? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rod17NYC
since 2000-04-08
Posts 4

0 posted 2000-04-08 08:11 PM

Dear life,

I've spent years trying to figure you out, and when I think I’m getting there
You just bring me back from the start...
Life..What have you in storage for me?...more break ups and pain? happiness?..Do you hear me?...I can’t just stand here in the rain...
I've tried...so hard to live up to your expectations..but when is it good enough?,,,what have I done wrong?..please tell me...how much longer?...
You never played it easy..and I was never too much into the game...but do I have to go through this?...when is it enough?....you made me lose myself in the arms of someone soon to be taken away from me...and based on the past, you made me forget the future....why did you bring me him?...why did you set up everything so perfectly..and made me fall so hard?..if you knew it wouldn’t last enough to fulfill the needs of my heart?....and now...what are you planning this time?....bringing me someone new...making me fall harder and harser so soon.....is it all a test?...please tell me...cuz I can't take another crash....I’ve been smiling for way too long..what r u planning this time?...just whatever you do..please don’t take me away from his side..nothing I've ever asked had more meaning than this....let me start something new....let me just sit with him and watch the moon..not worrying that your gonna have a surprise and everything will again turn dark...let me just be...and I’ll handle the consequences for being free...but please..just let me be....

[This message has been edited by Rod17NYC (edited 04-08-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Rod17NYC - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-04-08 10:19 PM

Welcome to the family! Please check your email for a special welcome.  
Panthers Chrysalis
since 2000-03-25
Posts 51

2 posted 2000-04-08 10:24 PM

Keep your chin up! Poetry is a great release! I hate to sound so ominous... but we always "think" we have figured out lifes meanings... but it does get easier.... as the years fly by....  

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

3 posted 2000-04-09 12:49 PM

Welcome to Passions, Rod! Great piece!

Denise

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Is it ever enough?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary