navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Here's a Question For You
Open Poetry #6
Post A Reply Post New Topic Here's a Question For You Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)

0 posted 2000-03-16 10:28 PM

Here's a question for you
Tell me what would you do
If you could just see
The best poem you'd ever write
Would you pen it and feel fine
Or save it 'til your ninety-nine

i can't decide so tell me what would you do and why

© Copyright 2000 Walt Burns - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2000-03-16 10:52 PM

Walt you kind of lost me here buddy...if you could see the best poem you'd write...and pen it?  Are you thinking of this and haven't written it down? You believe to be the best of your work?

For one, I would pen it, because if I didn't I surely forget it...and it by no means would wait until I was 99...heheh I'd forget it hours later.  

Enola
since 2000-02-11
Posts 138
England
2 posted 2000-03-17 05:03 AM

Yup, it would have to be written right there and then, because:
1, Like hell am I going to live 'till I'm 99.  Knowing my luck, I'd probably cop it as soon as the poem had been penned,
2, I'd want to share it with as many people as possible, ASAP, especially you wonderful people.

The tragedy of it is that nobody sees the look of desperation on my face. Thousands and thousands of us, and we're passing one another without a look of recognition.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2000-03-17 07:40 AM

Gotta pen it.. Think of all those years of anticipation - when you could just be feeling happy that you wrote it...
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
4 posted 2000-03-17 08:07 AM

maybe twas bit confusing but its the best poem you'll ever write so someday you will write it so would you might just wanna discover it along the way...also what a drag knowing you've written the best poem you'll ever write so why explore or try to improve...those are just my thoughts then again i'd like to see mine too its like knowin when yuh gonna die
wayoutwalt
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 4870
TEXAS (it's all big)
5 posted 2000-03-17 08:24 AM

o and as to the not living till 99 thing i put that cuz it rhymes with fine yuh that just might be when it comes to you is what i meant but then again what if yuh could live forever until you choose to write the poem..cuz it did say the best poem you WOULD ever write you could be immortal just wish away the poem if it ever pops into your head..speakin o heads mine hurts
Mistikman
since 2000-01-10
Posts 682
San Jose, CA, USA
6 posted 2000-03-17 06:47 PM

heh, not sure what I would do. I would probably write it down and pass it around immediately, but then how could I live up to that? I couldnt. In the end it would probably bring more heartache than anything. Course, if you didnt know it was going to be your best, you could keep striving to do better.
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

7 posted 2000-03-17 08:55 PM

I guess I would write it share it right away and then just keep writing hoping to someday at least match it!

Denise

StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
8 posted 2000-03-17 10:41 PM

intriguing ... I think I'd save it and let the words just bounce around in my mind my own little secret knowing that any day I could chose to write it out but kind of enjoying the thought of having something so wondeful and keeping it to myself ...

~*Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #6 » Here's a Question For You

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary