navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Rock bottom ( for all the bums)
Open Poetry #5
Post A Reply Post New Topic Rock bottom ( for all the bums) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton

0 posted 2000-01-08 11:28 AM

I'm a nervous wreck
and I'm getting increasingly angry,
everytime I look at this worthless check.
As my money grows scarcer,
my attitude grows more fiercer.
Nobody seems to love me,
since I have no money.
A week ago, my girlfriend left me
because, I had no dough. (money)
Today, my landlawyer kicked me out the door.
He cursed me and said, "don't come back anymore!"
So I'm broke with no girl and no friends.
I feel like killing myself,
so that this terrible life could end.
You know, it's hard to support your drug habits your girl and your child.
With all these problems,
it's no wonder why I rarely smile.
An hour ago, my boss fired me
because, I had severe body hygiene.
My fellow workers had enough complaints,
to make it rain.
Now I'm on the streets,
looking like a bum and looking for food to eat.
Right now as I speak,
I'm holding up a sign that says,
"I will work for food, please help me!"
It's amazing how quickly my life is plummeting.
I must admit though, that I had it coming
but, I will stay positve
because with hard work, perservation, and good luck,
eventually I'll move up.
As of now,
I'm a bummer,
in the summer.
But by autumn,
I guarantee
that I won't be,
rock bottom.

Nathan

© Copyright 2000 Nate Dogg - All Rights Reserved
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
1 posted 2000-01-08 01:32 PM

So Nate?...Other than your girlfriend, job and landlord....how's things?.....But yanno?...It can't get much worse....only better....Sometimes if ya think about folks with more problems than you, it can bring ya outta the dumps?...Just think?....Ya could be a damned old Toerag?.....or, heaven forbid, LongJohn or Balladeer?.....Nice job here, doubt that it's really that bad..ya have to much "sharpness" in your wit and thought...
Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
2 posted 2000-01-08 03:36 PM

My bad, I should have said that this poem isn't about me. But if you saw the title, you would see that I'm speaking for the bums out there. In fact, I'm like the voice for an actual bum that don't write poetry but I do so, my poetry is his voice that speaks. I hope you got that because it don't come clearer than that. By the way, you must have a bad life or something the way you're verbally attacking me. Well you picked the right hobby, poetry. Release all the anger and whatever else is on your mind and oh yeah, make it positve too.

Nathan

whiskey
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-12-28
Posts 1278
Australia
3 posted 2000-01-08 07:33 PM

Nate, this is excellent its so sad that people actually are this way  I couldnt imagine how it would be, Great poem  
Quiet Lightning
since 1999-12-26
Posts 56

4 posted 2000-01-09 12:22 PM

this poem was funny to me.i hope this poem wasn't a true story cauxe you got it bad
Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
5 posted 2000-01-09 02:02 PM

People, people, people, how many times do I have to say that the poem isn't about me. I give up, I guess some just don't understand English. Before I leave on this note, I would like to thank Whiskey and Quiet lightning for responding to my poem.

Nathan

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

6 posted 2000-01-09 08:30 PM

Nate, Toerag wasn't attacking you...you misread what he was  saying....he said you display too much 'sharpness' to be in that situation. Besides, Toe would only pick on Balladeer and LongJhn...hehehehehe...that's his job around here!!!    I understand that you are 'talking' for the 'bums' out there that can't express themselves.  A poet laureate for the underdog! I read a poem like that in one of my books last night but now I can't remember the author! I thought it was a noble idea though! I liked your poem, Nate.

Denise

Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
7 posted 2000-01-10 07:19 PM

Oh she was joking! Well I really misread her comment. Well, I'm going to apologize. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the post!

Nathan

Nate Dogg
since 1999-11-15
Posts 1658
Georgia, Fulton
8 posted 2000-01-10 07:19 PM

Oh she was joking! I really misread her comment. Well, I'm going to apologize. Thanks for letting me know and thanks for the post!

Nathan

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

9 posted 2000-01-10 07:40 PM

You're welcome, Nate! Oh, by the way, Toerag is a 'he' not a 'she'! And a really great 'he', too!  

And I always say it takes a big man to admit a mistake and apologize...and I see that you have, so in my book you are a big man!  

Denise

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #5 » Rock bottom ( for all the bums)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary