navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Here's the Deal ...
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Here's the Deal ... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2017-05-29 10:25 PM

I am saddened by the deaths of so many whom I have grown to love -- and, I still consider myself new on these pages.   Let's come back. Share our poems -- good and bad. Share our thoughts and friendship. What better way to honor those who have walked before us. Their poetry is here. Their wisdom is here. I, for one, read in the archives and study the lessons. So, let's converge, share and rejoice in friendship and poetry.

Alison

© Copyright 2017 Alison - All Rights Reserved
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
1 posted 2017-05-30 08:07 AM

I will try. I doubt I succeed soon... but I'll try. Toe had planned to come back and of course I would have followed. So even though I don't have words right now, I'm trying to read a few poems each week (you'll notice I haven't set my goals too high)... because this was home. And reading his work brings smiles through the tears.

And in case I haven't told you lately - which I know I haven't - I love you, lady.

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
2 posted 2017-05-30 10:11 AM

Ruth,

I love you too.

Alison

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
3 posted 2018-11-18 04:10 AM

Love you moth. Wish it could be like it was.

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
4 posted 2018-11-18 04:20 AM

Hi Alison. I am going to try to help bring back the kind of PIP we all used to enjoy so much. you are right. those of us who are left need to try to resurrect our site.

Ida

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
5 posted 2018-11-18 04:22 AM

Hi Alison. I am going to try to help bring back the kind of PIP we all used to enjoy so much. you are right. those of us who are left need to try to resurrect our site.

Ida

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
6 posted 2018-11-18 08:27 AM

So good to see you here again, Ida. Wishing you, Alison, Ron and all a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
Bluesy Socrateaser
Member Elite
since 2002-11-07
Posts 2417
In The Mirror
7 posted 2019-01-24 03:40 AM

quote:
"... those of us who are left need to try to resurrect our site"
How do you plan to do this? Maybe get rid of anyone that you feel doesn't belong here?

There are many new poets and many old poets with new names that are posting in the 'open' forum.
They already feel the other forums are dead. I post in these other forums myself, but no one ever shows up.
Old poets with new names know they're dead, so they never go there to post or reply. It's a "tell".

This "craving" for the "good old days" is what's killing the population on this site.
It seems that many don't want to 'jam' with the 'newbies'.
They'd rather resurrect old posts than reply to a newbies post.

Posts are what keeps a poetry site vital.
If you're not going to post poetry and/or reply, then what's to whine about?

You've become part of the problem, not the solution.

...just bein' Bluesy

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
8 posted 2019-03-25 10:36 PM

Cough!!  Hi Alison.  I am with you on this subject.  What is vital to me is the interaction,  replying to others poems as well as replying to those who have replied to your poetry is key to sharing the blue pages.  I’ve always had a thorn in my side for people who post on the fly, and I am put off by aggressive responses to someone’s feelings.  Those kind of replies are what effects the morale and wanting to make these pages a positive and  encouraging site to share poetry.     It really has nothing to do with newbies, oldie but goodies, etc.  and I certainly don’t think I or anyone else needs to be scolded for posting yours/ my thoughts.  You will never be part of the problem.  Come back Alison, I miss you and your poetry.

Just being bluesserenade...

[This message has been edited by BluesSerenade (03-25-2019 11:26 PM).]

jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
9 posted 2020-04-05 10:47 PM

Hi Allison - I'm afraid the past cannot be recouped. If it could, then half-of-us wouldn't be on these pages. But, a semblance of the past certainly isn't out of reach, and a continuation of the past is certainly viable - I mean, yesterday and its 24-hours is the past, right, and everyday before that also is.  I'd love to see the old days come back, and the 'old' writers as well and agree with your sentiments fully.  

In spite of what the above para's imply - I wish new members well, and hope we get many more.
Everyone is someone special.

Love ya my friend.

jimmy

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Here's the Deal ...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary