navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Diana
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Diana Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida

0 posted 2013-12-07 12:26 PM

Has anyone heard from Diana/Owls?I have not seen her here in a while.And she did not answer my last note to her.jo perry

© Copyright 2013 martyjo - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2013-12-07 06:52 AM

Thank you for your loving concern, Martyjo.  I really appreciate it.  I know you were worried and not annoyed that I haven't replied to your email yet, but anyway, I will reply soon.  The friendly warmth of your concern couldn't have been better timed.

It is just that my darling 1986 Gretta the Jetta burnt out the Sunday before last - and I adore my car and I also need a car.  There is a possibility of light at the end of the tunnel around the end of January or thereabouts about Gretta (my Jetta) and the possiblity of the loan of another car also around the end of January or thereabouts.  I can't cope with borrowing a cup of sugar for an hour, let alone a car, but I chose to accept because currently I don't have another solution), but I was in floods of tears over Gretta's traumatic experience and mine.  Then last Sunday a heavy wooden pelmet fell on my head (thank goodness, because if it had fallen on Benji, my dog, or Cleo my cat or both, it would have killed him, her or them) and then on Thursday night Madiba (Nelson Mandela) died.  We have been expecting it for over a year and especially lately, but it was still devastating - it feels as though the ground has been swept away from under my feet - and obviously for others as well and I am surprised that the world hasn't been drowned in my tears.

Besides all that - and having to rely on others for lifts in the meantime (walking here is out of the question, especially where my house is, as there is a criminal escape route across the road - and I would have to carry my gate remote and house keys so if/when I got mugged, criminals could ransack my house) - and I HATE having to ask for lifts or anything else.  However, I have 2 friends who are falling over their feet to help with lifts, which actually makes me feel worse - sometimes they even phone and ask me if I need to go anywhere.  My son is helping out when he isn't working his normal approximately 23 hour (not quite, but close) job.  Also the renter of the outside room has very willingly given me a lift to the local shop.  But all of this takes away from my working hours (especially as, quite understandably - and I am glad they do - those who are giving me lifts do their own shopping as well at various places along the way).  However I have some semi-self-imposed deadlines to meet, but, of course, I am still extremely grateful for the lifts.  

Also my son arranged a Sector Policing Forum operation a night or so ago and I patrolled with my son from 10pm to 2am.  

The night that Madiba died, I went to bed at 3am and last night I worked through to 5am.

Thank you again, Martyjo.  You are a honeybunch and your concern warms the cockles of my heart, especially right now.

Owl  

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2013-12-08 11:20 PM

I Love it when our friends look out for our friends, Jo, I was going to say I recently heard from her, but look at the message you received!

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
3 posted 2013-12-09 02:31 AM

Diana. My owl, thank you very much. Yes I was a bit anxious as you had been posting quite regularly and then nothing for a while. When I dropped a line I purposely did not mention Nelson Mandela as I just knew that would provoke a pail of tears.

Karilea, thank you for the answer

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Diana

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary