navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » It's been a long time! (LoveBug/Erica)
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic It's been a long time! (LoveBug/Erica) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LoveBug2
since 2013-08-09
Posts 1
USA/South Korea

0 posted 2013-08-11 09:31 PM

Hi everyone.. it's been a very long time since I have been here. Long enough for me to have forgotten my password and delete my recovery email account. Whoops.

I see some of the veterans still around here, so I hope that you remember me. I'm Erica/LoveBug.

It's almost surreal looking through the old and new threads here. I feel like a completely different person, and reading my old poetry is almost like reconnecting with an old friend. There is a lot of familiarity, but it doesn't feel like I'm even close to the same person that I was back then.

I've been an English teacher for four years. I've had the honor of educating young people in the United States and Canada, and I am currently teaching in South Korea. Believe it or not, I have been married and divorced, but I have happily found love again.

It has been over 10 years since I graduated high school, and 13 years since my poem was posted on the main Passions site. I can't believe so much time has gone by. It's bittersweet to look at the changes that have come to pass since then... seeing the child that I was, realizing that she had no idea what life had in store for her.

In any case, it's been lovely to see that so many of you are still writing. Life can so easily get in the way, as I have discovered, but perhaps the muse will arise in me again as I continue to read through your lovely work.

It's wonderful to see all of you again.

-Erica/LoveBug

© Copyright 2013 LoveBug2 - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2013-08-12 02:20 AM

It's good to hear from you again, Erica. Sounds like you've been very, very busy.

I've updated your original LoveBug account with your new email address. The system should have automatically sent a new password to that address? I hope we'll see you stick around a bit.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

2 posted 2013-08-12 03:21 AM

Ah, here I am Thanks so much, Ron!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » It's been a long time! (LoveBug/Erica)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary