navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Amazing things happen...
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Amazing things happen... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2013-01-24 07:58 AM

I wrote this article about the poems I've written to my mom ( http://squidoo.com/poems-to-mom ) and the other day someone wrote the following comment which some of you might already have seen on my FB page:

Mirjam Allouch-Spalter Jan 16, 2013 @ 8:33 am
I can't believe what I just read!!!!! The story of Tante Muis! I am Mirjam, daughter of Lotte en Georges who stayed with them during WW11. It is a long story to tell how I got to this, but i will another time.Titia, I am moved to tears, Is your mom, tant Muis still with us? I am living in israel, not far from Irma, some years ago your mom visited us here.Love to you all and specially to Tante Muys

I almost fell of my chair. I knew of her existence, but I have never met her. I now have email contact with her and I'm going to write the story of my parents during WW2 and how they've coped with sheltering jewish people in their home. I hope she can provide me with some additional content and photos.

Another thing: I've just now made a contribution to Marge Tindal's guestbook ( http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/news-journalonline/guestbook.aspx?n=margaret-tindal&pid=123443072 ) on behalf of Mommy Muys, so it will remain online forever.

Just thought to let you know.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2013 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2013-01-24 04:37 PM

Thank you, dear Titia, for sharing this amazing event. It will be indeed very interesting to read the courageous story of your parents during WWII.

Beautiful also the ongoing guestbook for our beloved Marge.

Hugs to you and to Mommy Muys.
Margherita

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
2 posted 2013-01-30 03:40 PM

What a lovely story, Titia.
                         Ida

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2013-01-30 10:42 PM

Titia,

what a wonderful gift to hear from someone that lived in your mother's life! I cannot wait to see how more of the story of their lives and times will emerge! You are well on your way to being a living archivist of all that is good with the world. God bless you, my dear!

My best to Mummy Muys!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Amazing things happen...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary