navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Thinking of Midnitesun
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thinking of Midnitesun Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2011-06-28 01:48 AM

Hey Kacy,

It's your birthday and I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you tonight and this day.  I miss you and our conversations on the PiP boards here.  I watch for you as I appreciate nature's beauty around me ~ and I feel you when the wind blows and the rain clashes into the ground - and when the sun comes out right afterwards and the birds sing out with wild abandon.

I think of you and I miss you.

Love,
Alison

© Copyright 2011 Alison - All Rights Reserved
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
1 posted 2011-06-29 05:43 PM

What a lovely thought, Alison!  I, too, miss Kacy and feel her in the nature around us - but I thought her birthday was on 18 November.

Owl

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
2 posted 2011-06-29 11:41 PM

You are correct, darling Diana.  I'd like to say that I got it wrong on purpose; however, I got MidnightSon and Midnitesun mixed up.  Silly me.  Well, we'll just keep the post intact because I was thinking of Kacy ... and maybe now her birthday is every day.

Love you and thank you.

xoxoxo
Alison

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

3 posted 2011-06-30 03:12 AM

Alison, you are such a basic part of the social glue that holds this place together!  Taking it on yourself to remember birthdays and to be there for people is something that you make seem effortless, yet I know that you've got to put a lot of time into it.

Saying that you have a big heart doesn't seem to catch it, though it's clearly true.  I think you seem to have a sense of connectedness, more than anything, that's absolutely remarkable.  I can see it here with your sensitivity to people, but it also shows up in your photographs, which show you connected into the plant and animal world on almost a quantum level, and in your poetry as well.

I was just browsing, and the facts of the matter seemed to show up in a sharp focus for a moment.  I felt the urge to share them, that, and the gratitude I feel for your presence here from time to time.  We don't say these things often enough.

All my best, Bob K

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
4 posted 2011-06-30 12:25 PM

Dear Bob K,

I have this habit of telling complete strangers things that I think of them.  They are the compliments that I used to think and keep to myself.  I realized one day that it does no one any good to be stingy with the good thoughts in life - people may be a bit startled by my words, but they are always sincere words and I have made many friends.  I not only talk to strangers, I love to make them smile.

This message from you makes me feel the way that I hope they feel.  You reached out and touched me, and I am smiling.  I have forgotten the headache (kind of) and I have forgotten the presentation which is making me nervous (kind of) and I am happy.  

Thank you.  Remembering birthdays is actually pretty easy (I'd like to take credit in remembering them).  I go to the Member Pages and the Member Birthday page.  

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.  I am honored.

Alison

PS - Bob, I printed your note and tucked it into my wallet.  Some thoughts are truly worth hanging on to.  I wish I were more eloquent in my response to you - just know that your opinion matters to me.  Thank you again.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2011-07-02 01:39 AM

thank you.jo
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
6 posted 2011-07-10 05:47 PM

Yes, I love what you said, Alison, about every day is Kacy's birthday - also, like Eeyore in the Winnie-the-Pooh tradition, we could also wish her a Happy Unbirthday!

Owl

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Thinking of Midnitesun

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary