navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » This....among a cloud of sadness, is a happy moment
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic This....among a cloud of sadness, is a happy moment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2011-03-12 08:22 PM

Tomorrow I will be heading off for this spree...
http://unitedpoetslaureate.wordpress.com/  

While half the world is in mourning for Japan, I
among them, will still hopefully collect understanding
and grace in the literary world while it is still
alive, before fundings cuts it off at our knees.

I am turning a ring three times:

I cannot make Japan better by wish; only by prayer;

I cannot stop organizations in holding an event;

I will bring back positive moments.

Of these three turnings, I know I can make #3 happen!

In the last two years, it became known to me that I could not stop being who I am; and there are so many of you out their who have no clue as to what I am referring to; but so many more who know exactly what I mean. And to you: thank you for not giving up on sunshine!

Tomorrow I journey into what I believe will better me...and I pray I bring it back to you!

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (03-13-2011 07:35 AM).]

© Copyright 2011 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2011-03-12 08:42 PM

Give up on Sunshine??? What would the world be like without it's Sun? Go get 'em, girl!

btw...if you see Skellings there from Florida, kick him the the shins for me. He beat me out for poet laureate of Florida in 1980 by a narrow margin.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2011-03-13 12:12 PM

enjoy! best to you,jo
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
3 posted 2011-03-13 10:10 AM

Enjoy the event, dear Karilea! And may your charm and intelligence induce the Governor to increase the funding, instead of cutting it!

My best wishes!

After soaking up so much sadness, we are in need to recharge our trust in life and cultural events are precious for that purpose.

Love,
Margherita

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
4 posted 2011-03-13 02:41 PM

Sissie....please don't feel guilty for smiling or for feeling something positive in the face of the devastation in Japan.  They would be the last to want you to do that.  Let us know how it goes please!!
Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
5 posted 2011-03-14 04:52 PM

Sunshine, I would never give up on you
I believe in you. Hugs!

[This message has been edited by Oklahoma Rose (03-14-2011 09:31 PM).]

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2011-03-15 12:12 PM

Thank you all! While I was in Lawrence meeting some wonderful people who were very, very open to sharing with other poets their failures AND successes....today I had the opportunity to meet with my editor from Sunflower Publishing. When I had told him a couple of months ago that I was going to be in Lawrence and wanted to come by the office, he suggested that we meet for lunch.

What better way to pick a writer's brain, than over lunch?

Well, as some of you know, I was also in the listing for a peer-review of Sunflower Living's first year of "best story".

When my editor came to pick me up for lunch, he was carrying a lovely vase of flowers. I thought he was bringing them to the consortium as a contributor to the arts. No, instead,

he handed them to me!  When I got home, his email to the crew read,

"Congratulations to Karilea Rilling Jungel whose article 'The Koehn Ranch' won a majority of votes from staff and contributors to win Sunflower Living’s first best-article-of-the-year award.

Thanks to everyone who submitted nominations and voted in this contest and to all who helped shaped the magazine through its first successful year."

Now, I have to admit, some of you may be reading this for a second time, because you'll probably see this little announcement in your EMAIL!  

Yep, I'm

But here's the thing, my friends. Without you? I would still be scratching my head, wondering...."do I even have a voice?"

It is definitely because of PIP...and YOU...that I do...and this is when one wonders, how many ways does one say, "thank you?"

There are not enough ways, believe me!

P.S.....there's going to be a LOT of poetry from me regarding this weekend...just to warn ya!

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
7 posted 2011-03-15 07:13 PM

Karilea,I am so happy for you, and to know you. Imagine all this happening in such a  short space of time! I am sure you have not been able to sleep or  have your feet land on the ground as yet. Congratulations  you deserve it. jo
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
8 posted 2011-03-16 06:43 AM

congrats, Karilea~~ what a nice moment for you.

M

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
9 posted 2011-03-16 09:31 AM

You are a ray of Sunshine -  How could you do anything but succeed?  You go girl!!...
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
10 posted 2011-03-16 10:12 AM

Congratulations on your well deserved honor.  How inspiring that trip had to be, with your smile beaming among the greats, like you.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

God bless,
Rae

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
11 posted 2011-03-27 10:52 PM

Oh how could I have missed this. Glad I found it. Congrats dear friend and a lot of those famous Dutch huggies are coming your way. I knew when I bought your beautiful book, you would be famous one day.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

12 posted 2011-03-28 06:07 AM

Congratulations Karilea! How absolutely wonderful!
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
13 posted 2011-03-28 10:44 AM

You're all just the greatest!
I'm not famous...LOL...but I'm happy!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » This....among a cloud of sadness, is a happy moment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary