navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Linda (Earth Angel) needs all the prayers you can spare
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Linda (Earth Angel) needs all the prayers you can spare Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa

0 posted 2011-01-05 06:51 AM

Hi All

Some of you will have received these 2 emails.  After receiving the first, I emailed Shannon, asking her to ask Linda’s permission to put her email into discussions.  As you will see from the second reply, Linda said it was fine to put in as we saw fit, so I thought putting in both emails would be the best.

Please can you all pray very hard for our wonderful Linda.

Owl (Please read both emails below.  They are from Shannon, Linda's daughter).

Hello everyone,

This is Linda's daughter, Shannon, writing. Mom has asked me to email some of her closest friends to let you know that she is in hospital (She ordered me not to say anything before now). I took her to our local ER (at Milton District Hospital) on the afternoon of Christmas Eve because she was experiencing very shallow breathing and had great difficulty moving. 4 hours in, she had a heart attack (her first ever) and was moved to the hospital's ICU once she had recovered (on her own without paddles, etc.). Day before yesterday, the hospital felt she was stable enough for a move to the Medical Surgical unit in the hospital. Very shortly after her transfer, she had another larger heart attack, at which point the doctor called me and told me to call her family for last words - the worst moment of my life to date by far. Within 15 minutes of her brother and us arriving at the hospital, Mom had miraculously "snapped out of it" as the doctor put it (again, without paddles, etc.), and was alert and asking for food, talking up a storm, not even aware she had just had a major heart attack 15 minutes prior. No one could get over her strength and will to live. Medical staff were shaking their heads and sitting down in her ICU room in disbelief...I told them she would amaze them and they actually listened this time.

What strikes me is this...Before I told my mom what had happened, she told me that she had just come out of this weird, but very real dream where she was in a massive wind tunnel with her hair blowing right back,and a very bright, full light was approaching her fast from the distance. When she got to the light, she said she was given a choice on whether to go through the light, or to turn around and see her kids. If she chose the first, she'd be choosing to go to Heaven; if she chose the second, she could see her family, but it was going to be painful. Mom said she paused for a second, sucked it up and decided, "I want to see my kids," at which point, she said, she felt an awesome pain in her chest and a gasp of air. Her eyes rolled forward from the back of her head, she looked up and saw Erin and I standing there. She said she knew she had made the right choice once she had seen us, although she didn't know what had happened. I told her what the doctors had just told us and she was awe struck. A strange look came over her face then and she said, "I guess I just decided I don't want to die then!" And then she asked me for an apple. She said she had too much to do this year to not be here. It was the strangest, happiest thing I have ever witnessed.

Mom remains in ICU with a lot of concerns floating in the air now, but her spirits are fairly high. Yesterday was a good day. I was actually able to give her a facial as she sat up, and Erin and I talked wedding and other girl stuff with her, which she very much loved. She was laughing so loudly, we had to tell her to calm down and breathe in her oxygen (she's down to just nasal prongs from a breathing bypass machine, which is amazing)... We have been told that her heart is very weak and her kidneys are near failing, which worries me. We've also learned that she has pneumonia, which is being taken good care of by a myriad of strong drugs as her lungs are clearing nicely. Under normal circumstances, one might have open heart surgery or some other procedure to make things better for the heart and other arteries (she's got congestive heart failure and blocked arteries everywhere); however, we have been given the distinct impression that there is nothing a hospital can do for my mom but to keep her comfortable. Her Internist is liasing with Trillium Hospital as we speak, to see if Cardiology over there is willing to take a look at her or accept her as a transfer patient. It will be a couple more days at least before we hear anything from them. We're not sure they'll be able to help since Mom is so sick, but you never know, I guess.

In the meantime, Mom is pretty scared (as we all are), but is remaining in good spirits. We all still remain hopeful that her body will heal on its own, and that someone will let her go on dialysis to help the process (it can be pretty taxing on the heart, apparently). I don't know how long she will remain in the ICU or when or if she will be able to come home to a regular life. Her blood pressure, gases, sugars, etc. all look good right now, but she needs to be on oxygen and she has little energy to move. We pray every day for her, and I hope you will do the same, too. There's great power in prayer and numbers, I hear...  

Visitors are kept pretty tight in the ICU, but she is permitted to have 2 close family members or friends with her at a time, if you are able to visit. There are no regular visiting hours in that ward, so people can come at any time day or night. They only suggest that you don't arrive between 12 pm and 2:30 pm, as that is rest time, and you don't come during the 7-8 pm shift change because they are very busy transfering things around to be able to answer the phone. Once you get up to the ICU, there is a phone on the wall that you just pick up and it will ring the nurses' station phone. You just say that you're there to visit Linda Dowd and then you can go through the doors. Mom is the last room around past the nurses' station by the exit doors on the right. It's a very small unit with only a maximum of 5 or 6 patients in at a time, so she's not hard to find. It's a very nice and cozy unit with big, bright spacious rooms. We're very comfortable there.

I'm sorry to relay all of this information so quickly and impersonally, but I am spending the bulk of my days at the hospital where I can only use a phone in the waiting room, and with email, I can reach more people quicker. I would have written sooner, but Mom did not want to put a damper on anyone's holidays. She hopes you've all been able to have wonderful Christmases and New Years.

Love,
Shannon and family

Hello lovely ladies,

I was speaking to Mom last night and tonight and she said that it's okay if someone makes a post on PIP about what's going on with her. She said you can write what you wish. She feels badly that she's been out of touch with the PIP community for so long (she feels some would think she is simply ignoring them), but in truth, she has just been too weak to be on the computer writing the way she used to. Her health at present is very poor, but she and our family remain hopeful that she will somehow heal or improve to the point where she can come home again. In the meantime, she's made herself quite comfortable in the ICU and has become a favourite among her doctors and nurses, who sit and talk with her regularly. Her positive outlook on life, strong will to live, and selfless good nature have been (I am told by staff) an inspiration to others. They all say she's one special lady. I could've told them that.  

Thank you again for your prayers. Keep 'em coming!

Love,
Shannon

© Copyright 2011 Diana van den Berg - All Rights Reserved
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
1 posted 2011-01-05 08:04 AM

Wow! What a lady she is! Thank you for sharing this. She is a real fighter and always optimistic and a great lover of life and that will go a long way in helping her win this battle. I wish her the very best. She is special..
suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2011-01-05 09:31 AM

Diana, thank you so much for posting Shannon's emails. And Shannon... please tell your sweet Mom that we appreciate her fighting to stay - we need our Earth Angel HERE!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you all... with gentle hugs for Linda and a great big bear hug for Michael. May you all be given the strength to get through this crisis. Linda's one of the kindest, most compassionate people I've ever known and I pray she's blessed with a full and rapid recovery! Much love, Ruth
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2011-01-05 09:59 AM

All the prayers we can muster are headed your way, Linda.  Please get stronger and be well as quickly as you can, and enjoy the second chance you've been given.  Listen to the doctors, and we'll see you when you're able.

Shannon, if  you could keep us posted, we'd be very appreciative.  Thanks Diana, for letting us know.

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
4 posted 2011-01-05 10:27 AM

Thank you for letting us know Owl.

Linda I think about you often, even though we haven't talked in a while. I do hope you get well soon. Prayers are on the way.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2011-01-05 10:32 AM

Shannon, you tell your mother that she has am multitude of people praying for her, and that her own love and light has always been welcomed by those she has touched here, and it will always be her strength that will see her, and us, through to better things.

And...give her my love, will ya?

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
6 posted 2011-01-05 11:13 AM

Linda is an Angel, let us not forget this! And she has Angel-ways to cope with all of her tremendous challenges. Thank you, dear Diana, for getting in touch and reaching out to all of our Pip-members. Indeed Linda, our Earth Angel, has been deeply missed in the last few months on these pages, for her poetic offerings and her comments have always been of exquisite quality and warmth. Yes, she is one VERY SPECIAL LADY and I do love her with all of my heart and I send intense heartprayers heavenwards, trusting that "those up there" will agree that her heart has to be restored to perfect functioning, as she is one of those lightworkers who spread beauty and love down here on Earth and she is truly needed here, by her loved ones and by all those who have had the chance to know her.
The dramatic news have both impressed and moved me and I do not doubt a second that she is uplifting everyone right there where she is in this moment.
Trusting in improvement and perfect healing.
I love you, Angelo Terrestre, you know!
Thank you also, dear Shannon, for your reaching out in this difficult moment.
Margherita

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
7 posted 2011-01-05 11:31 AM

Dearest Linda, you know my prayers are being lifted up for you.  I am hugging you in my heart and hoping for miracles.  Love and light always, my kindred friend.  Jo

Thanks, Owl, for letting me know.

2islander2
Member Ascendant
since 2008-03-12
Posts 6825
by the sea
8 posted 2011-01-05 11:55 AM

Linda I think of you. You have to be with us as soon as you can, I can hear your voice, I can hear your beauty when I read your talented poems...There are a part of me forever.

yann

Marchmadness
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 9271
So. El Monte, California
9 posted 2011-01-05 01:16 PM

Dear Linda,
I have always felt we have had a special connecttion since I first met you here at PIP. I have known for some time that you were ill because I knew you would be on the site if you could. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you everyday. I'll bet you have those people at the hospital eating out of your hand. I know that they will take care of "our Angel."
                             Love, Ida

secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
10 posted 2011-01-05 01:17 PM

I have been traversing the fine blue sands of "P.I.P.-land" by the cyber-sea for 6 'open' forums now ... always following in the footsteps of a few exceptional writers.  Linda has been a grand-fine poetic inspiration to me all along said journey ... and one of the main reasons I've 'hung around' as long in here as I have!  I feel that I share a special bond of 'Celtic Sensibilities' with her as well.

Linda, I hope you will be back home soon with your loving family and back here with your 'poetic (extended) family' as well ... we most assuredly need ya' too, dear lady! ... best wishes for a full and speedy recovery from any and all health challenges!

and thanks Diana for informing me!

--- with much love and v. special concern,

Bruce

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
11 posted 2011-01-05 01:24 PM

Linda....your loving ways have always been an inspiration to me. My thoughts are with you at this time.  It is in the difficult times we often gain the most.  

Thank you, Shannon and Diana for letting us know.

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
12 posted 2011-01-05 01:40 PM

Dear Linda - I think we all knew that something was preventing you from being here and sharing your wonderful and uplifting poetry.  I did write at one time to enquire because you have been sorely missed.

I am so very sorry to hear of your ill health and most certainly do wish you a speedy recovery.  My prayers and thoughts are with you and too my thanks for your always so supportive and encouraging comments.

Get better soon dear Earth Angel.

Lots of love
Helen  

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
13 posted 2011-01-05 03:10 PM

I have just sent all of the above replies to Linda via Shannon and will do so round about the same time every day.  I know she will be very happy to see your lovely and loving messages to her.

Owl

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2011-01-05 04:49 PM

Dearest Linda, I have been checking on here for news of you or your beautiful poetry and knew something must be "up" for you to stay away so long.I have been, and will continue thinking and praying for your healing and believe that you have been given that second chance because of all you have done in your life to help others, especially in spirit.

Missing your beautiful words and voice but can find them here when I need to hear and read them. They have lifted me up many times.
"love and light"

M

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
15 posted 2011-01-05 08:03 PM

In another email from Shannon, sent before I sent the replies up to Honeybunch's reply, Shannon says that she knows her Mom’s mind will be eased by the fact that people now know why she has been away from the group for so long.  She said that her Mom cares deeply for so many of the people here and she wishes everyone nothing but love and good fortune – and that she misses reading all of the wonderful poetry.

Linda continues to remain upbeat and hopeful.  Her spirit is very strong and she realizes how much there is to live for.  The family hasn’t yet heard anything definitive from Linda’s doctors yet.  They are still conferring over test results from earlier in the week.  Everything is just one big waiting game these days, but the family is thankful for every day they have with her.  

I can only begin to imagine how exhausting all this is for Linda and Shannon and the family.  

Shannon said she will try to keep us posted as best she can.

Owl

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
16 posted 2011-01-05 10:08 PM

What mixed emotions rushed over me as I read this account!  I'm so sorry for the suffering of Linda and family, so delighted she remains true to her angelic nature during these dire circumstances.  

Thanks so much for sharing and allowing us to pray for Linda's best.  

God bless each of you.

Rae

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
17 posted 2011-01-05 10:16 PM

Thank you for keeping us posted Diana...my thoughts have been on Linda's strong spirit since I heard of her health issues. I know she will understand in this post, how much her Pip family loves her.  
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
18 posted 2011-01-05 10:19 PM

I haven't been here for a while and then I got this email from Owl and I was shocked to read what it said.

Let's hope Linda's Heaven isn't ready yet to have her. Let us keep her for many years to come to enjoy her kindness and love she expresses so well in her poems and replies.

I'll keep Linda and all of you in my thoughts and let's hope for the best, she's a a darling woman with a strong mind.

Love, Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2011-01-05 10:23 PM

Shannon, I wouldn't have expected anything different from your Mom.  She is a strong woman with a lot of work yet to do.  I wish her a speedy recovery so she can get doing her poetry, and getting all the hugs and kisses from family and friends she so deserves.  Get well soon Linda.
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
20 posted 2011-01-05 10:32 PM

Shannon~Please tell your Mother that there is someone who she knows very well, who is praying and holding her close in positive thought.  I knew there had to be a very good reason I hadn't heard from her recently.
Please tell Linda Lou I wish her well and love her so much. Also prayers going up from the 'Wiz', my son Chris and the family.
Take care~Nancy Lee

Thank you Owl for contacting me and for the updates.

kaile
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
21 posted 2011-01-05 10:56 PM

Hi Linda (Earth Angel),
I haven't been writing for a while but I still remember with fondness how encouraging and enthusiastic you were when I posted my work here. You were a true beam of sunshine and your positive spirit motivated me to hone my voice. I have no doubt that you will get through this tough time with humour. I'll keeping you in my thoughts. Get well soon!

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
22 posted 2011-01-06 12:35 PM

I'm holding her hand in spirit and in heart

Linda, hang in there baby! You got a long way to go!

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
23 posted 2011-01-06 01:05 AM

Way to go Linda Angel! Show them what you can do! I am holding you in my heart and prayers!
Love, Kate

Shannon, I am holding you in my heart too.

Diana, thank you for keeping us all in the loop!

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
24 posted 2011-01-06 01:41 AM

Linda,

I love you and am heading out to write a letter now.

You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart.

Shannon and Erin, I am happy that your Mom has you ~ Shannon, thank you for relaying my letters.  Please, give each other a hug from me.

xoxoxo
Alison

Ericc
Member Elite
since 2003-01-31
Posts 4178

25 posted 2011-01-06 06:13 AM

Sending my love and prayers to you dear Linda. Your words and warm presence here have always remained close to my heart.

Love,
Eric

inkedgoddess
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-11-19
Posts 7392
Ohio
26 posted 2011-01-06 07:42 AM

Sending out prayers and good thoughts to you and your family Dear Earth Angel.

I always loved coming to Pips to read your
heavenly poetry. And when you attached  your
sweet voice to it, it was most lulling and
mesmerizing feeling the Light of Linda coming through.

May you stay warm and safe under God's grace.

MicheleRose

shortsleeves
since 2008-10-19
Posts 125
Franklin Tennessee
27 posted 2011-01-06 11:38 AM

I'm sending a basket of Chi to Linda with all of these beautiful thoughts. She has the desire to heal and we have the energy to support her.
Love,
Hal

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
28 posted 2011-01-06 12:54 PM

My prayers continue and my thoughts are with you. Be strong, sweet lady... we love you!
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
29 posted 2011-01-06 01:20 PM

Thank you, Shannon and Diana for letting us know. I felt Linda was ill because she dropped in for a while and then  disapeared again. She has always been a wonderful part of PIP. I have her latest book and appreciate all she ever said and also enjoyed  her paintings and poems. Linda is so very talented. Please convey our love and best wishes to  her from jo perry/latearrival
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
30 posted 2011-01-06 02:29 PM

Thank you everybody for your warm, loving heartfelt messages to Linda.  I am sure that she looks forward to Shannon reading them to her every day.  

Yes, Jo, she will get your message because I send the new ones every night (about 9pm here in South Africa).  I sent the second lot off tonight, and I made sure that I didn't leave a single one out, as I will do in future as well.

Owl

Paul Wilson
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
31 posted 2011-01-06 03:20 PM

Shannon...Please tell your mom she is loved and missed by many here at PIP. She is in all of our thoughts and prayers.
Truely she is our Earth Angel...Paul

~~To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you~~
Paul

shortsleeves
since 2008-10-19
Posts 125
Franklin Tennessee
32 posted 2011-01-06 03:32 PM

I'm sending Linda a basket of Chi with all of these beautiful thoughts. Linda has the desire to be, and we have the energy to support her.
Chifully,
Hal

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
33 posted 2011-01-06 03:34 PM

Think about you Linda, as always. You have always been a great inspiration to me. I love to read your poetry.

Get well soon!

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

34 posted 2011-01-06 05:01 PM

Dear Sweet Linda, I didn't know about this until this very moment, as Margaretta was so kind to email me and guide me to here...
Linda, you are so loved, so loved, and I am sending up prayers for you...I can't express in words how much being your friend has been not only an honor, but a God sent...please listen to the doctors and get well soon...come back to us with your beautiful voice of poetry...

Love you mucho much...Lee J.

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
35 posted 2011-01-06 05:43 PM

I just read the emails from Shannon. Girlfriend, I know you will pull through this. You are one very strong lady and have angels all around you taking care of you. But just to be extra careful, I am storming Heaven with my prayers and asking for you to return to good health.

I am also sending you my love and lots of hugs and kisses.
May you be well and go home very shortly.

Your loving Soul Sister, Marti

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
36 posted 2011-01-06 11:53 PM

Linda, you are an “Earth Angel”.  So cool your jets, girl; it isn’t time for you to move into Heaven yet.  Yeah, I know all of us are headed that way but you have a lot more work to do here first.  So you thank God for the offer, but you tell him you are needed here for your family and friends.  

Didn’t you say you wanted to meet a rich doctor someday?  Or was that Lee J??

Seriously Linda, get better sweet lady…

JL

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
37 posted 2011-01-07 03:03 AM

Sweet Linda Angelo Terrestre, I am connecting in love with you ever so often and I perceive the flow of healing energy that moves in your direction from the vastness of Universe. You are loved and cherished. In a way you can be everywhere, you know. But for a mother the favorite place to be is with her children and family and that was your choice. May your body align to your heart and work well again.
Love and hugs.
Margherita

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
38 posted 2011-01-07 01:56 PM

I've been part of this poetry community known as Passions In Poetry for a decade now, and Earth Angel and I go well back to late 2003. During a period of my life where I was especially hard on myself and lacked guiding figures in the community............she was always there to listen. I was a recluse all throughout my college years, but she felt like she was always sitting right in front of me with the depth and heart of her advice and comfort, and I would probably be much less wiser to this day if not for her.

There's been some other precious friends in this community who have since passed on who have been most influential in my life, and I believe it's exactly THAT fondness, that utmost heart in believing in what we do and being willing to share our gifts openly in a creative convergence...........why I still keep visiting that site to this day. It's as though everyone has watched me grow up there before their very eyes, and I liken Earth Angel to somewhere between a favorite neighbor or an aunt! (wipes tear)

Linda, you will be in all our deepest thoughts and prayers, as we continue to send you immaculate hugs of perpetual light to lather your weary body over with utmost comfort and warmth! We love you, dearest friend!

Namaste,
Lisping Hibiscus

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
39 posted 2011-01-07 02:37 PM

Thank you everyone.  I have just sent off the latest replies to Linda and Shannon.  

Please keep the prayers and messages coming.  

Owl

Amaryllis
since 2010-05-20
Posts 1306
Mi now
40 posted 2011-01-07 03:55 PM

I`ve just read this for the first time, after seeing Owl`s message...Oh! What an amazing tale of courage, hope, and light! Linda, I don`t `know` you, irl, but I have read your beautiful, uplifting poetry here on Pip, and I can see by all of these messages that you are very loved, very special. The fact that you`ve won over the medical staff is no surprise...we are all drawn to angels! I am certainly praying for you, dear lady...for strength and comfort and health to come your way. May you be free from suffering, and what a noble choice you`ve made, when you could have flown into the light! That speaks volumes of the capacity for love and caring in your own heart. As you know, the love you give is equal (and tenfold!) to the love you receive...keep your chin up, and know that we will be here, waiting to read more of your lovely writings if you have the energy. If not, don`t worry a bit, just concentrate on getting well, and let your loved ones hold you close and care for you. Again, my sincerest thoughts and prayers, sent your way!

All my best to you~
Amaryllis

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
41 posted 2011-01-07 06:16 PM

I just love ya and I'm going to pray very hard, every day, and hope that you will be feeling better soon.  

I'm so sorry life is testing you right now.  Rest my sweet angel, you are very specail to so many of us.

Much love and many blessings, Linda dear~

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
42 posted 2011-01-07 06:55 PM

Linda...you have lifted my spirit so many times...thank you for the blessing of that special angel in you that has done that for so many..I'm sure you are doing the same for yourself. Know that I think of you every day.  
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
43 posted 2011-01-08 02:13 PM

I have just sent off today's replies to Linda and Shannon.  Please keep praying very hard and sending healing thoughts to Linda.  She is such a wonderful caring person who has looked after us all so well when we each have needed her to.

Owl

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
44 posted 2011-01-08 09:58 PM

Linda,
Best thoughts and brightest outcomes remain my prayer.
TD

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

45 posted 2011-01-09 09:49 AM

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery, Linda. ((HUGS))
Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
46 posted 2011-01-10 03:50 AM

Linda, you have been on my heart a lot in the last few days.  Now I understand why.  So powerful is the love that is you and it is the essence of your heart and life.  I know it holds you, gently...always.  I love you, too.  ~Karen
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
47 posted 2011-01-10 08:08 AM

I can't sleep
and I think of you
dear friend, poetress,
holler girl

I love you

Alison

BluesSerenade
Member Patricius
since 2001-10-23
Posts 10549
By the Seaside
48 posted 2011-01-10 10:36 PM

Thinking of you, Angel lady~

With love and prayers to see you through~

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
49 posted 2011-01-10 11:33 PM

Prayer continues on your behalf.  May the peace of our Lord be in your heart and mind during your trial.  You've emanated that encouragement to me when responding to my lame attempts at poetry.  

May God richly bless you.

Rae

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
50 posted 2011-01-11 06:20 AM

Sending you my most tender hug, dearest Linda Angelo Terrestre. Waiting for some comforting news, trusting in the Angel power and in Divine Universal healing power. When I connect with you my heart chakra activates so strongly ... then I know how close we are.
Beautiful soul and heart, I love you.
Margherita

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
51 posted 2011-01-11 07:26 AM

Thinking of you, Linda, and Shannon, continue to take good care of your mother. You know how much she is loved.

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
52 posted 2011-01-11 10:34 AM

Love and light, sweet lady! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
53 posted 2011-01-11 02:33 PM

Thinking of you, Linda
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
54 posted 2011-01-11 02:52 PM

I sent the replies last night between Alison's and Blues Serenades, and thought I had put a message in here to say so, but I was very tired and obviously didn't.  

I have just sent today's replies to Shannon and Linda.

Owl

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
55 posted 2011-01-11 11:32 PM

my thoughts are with you tonight Linda and Shannon.

thank you Owl!

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

56 posted 2011-01-12 03:59 AM

Oh my gosh, its amazing how fast and strong the feelings pour out of me after reading this whole thread, even though I've been away for almost a year now.

I write this with tears in my eyes.

My dearest friend Linda Lou, I hope you know how much you mean to me, its so much more then a poetry friend, you are all that's right with this world and all thats right with humanity in general.

I am soo sad right now, but I am going to just put that to the side and think only of positive and healing thoughts for you.

Now listen, you better get well, and get well soon okay??

We need you Linda.

We always have, and we always, will.

A great, big, giant hug to you sweet friend
((((((((((((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))))))))

I want you to extend your arms out and grab hold of the two hands on either side of you, we are all in one big loving circle, sharing with you our our most sincere concern and healing thoughts and prayers... can you feel it... somehow I just know that you can.

Close your eyes, and just take it all in, one of the best things that can help you right now will be the power and will of just knowing how much and how many people truly care and love you.

You will be better soon, I just know it.

And besides... I haven't had a hug from you in so long that you have to get better so you can remedy that as well )

Rest my lovely friend, we'll talk to you soon!!

Thank you so much Shannon for being there for your mother, and for us as well, and thank you too Diana for all that your doing for our dear friend you are both very special!

And Margherita my wonderful friend, thank you for emailing me and letting me know whats going on, I am truly indebted to you, as I've always been!  

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
57 posted 2011-01-12 05:55 AM

Sending more loving and healing thoughts your way, Linda.

Lots of love
Helen

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
58 posted 2011-01-12 03:08 PM

I have sent today's replies to Linda and Shannon.

Owl

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
59 posted 2011-01-12 06:42 PM

Linda darling, you are strong and I know you are healing and will soon be up and out of the hospital. The angels surround you protecting you and helping to heal you.

Praying for your healing and sending loving light!

I love you, Marti

I do the <font color=FF6600><b>MS Walk</color></b> everyday!!

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
60 posted 2011-01-12 07:09 PM

Prayers continue.  Stay strong and lean on our maker.

Rae

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
61 posted 2011-01-12 07:57 PM

Linda, dear...we sense the struggle, but stay strong...there is love and light all around you. Only you will know what you need, and we pray that you can allow your daughter to share those needs with us.

We love you.

Karilea

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
62 posted 2011-01-13 02:39 PM

Stay strong, angelic one...

I look back on the many times you've given encouragement to others, including me... maybe I could just cut and paste your wonderful remarks? LOL Though I don't have  your way with words and your compassionate heart, I'm thinking of you and praying that you'll recover quickly and completely.

And Diana... thank you so much for sending our comments to Linda's family!!!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
63 posted 2011-01-13 03:42 PM

I have sent Linda and Shannon today's replies (thanks you everyone) - and guess what!!!!

Great news from Shannon.  I will copy her email below:

Hi everyone,

Thank you soooo very much on behalf of my mother and family for your outpour of love, prayers and well wishes. I have been faithfully reading to my mother the daily replies from the PIP announcement board (that Diana has been very graciously sending to me), and let me tell you, her eyes fill up with tears every time I read one. She realizes more and more with every e-mail, note, card, phone call or visit she receives that she is worthy of this second chance at life. She has been so very touched by all of your words and positive energy that her spirit is somehow renewed, despite her physical circumstances.

Right now, we are waiting for her application to a residential rehabilitation centre within Oakville Trafalgar Hospital to be reviewed by doctors there. The hope is that she will be able to be transferred there at some point so that she may begin intensive, ongoing physiotherapy, with the eventual goal of returning home. In the meantime, she has just been transferred to the Convalescence unit of our local hospital where she is making herself right cozy. She is still very, very weak physically, but likes her new room (which is much bigger than the last) and her new roomie. She looks forward to when she is strong enough to go on a tour of the unit in a wheelchair with the nurse . (I'm checking out the new digs tonight. Apparently, it has a tv room and a small kitchen!) I know that she can make a temporary home out of just about anywhere. I am very relieved that they are taking good care of her there. (Again, she has become quite the nurse's favourite, I am told!)

Thank you again for keeping Mom in your thoughts. I'll keep you posted as best I can.

Love,

Shannon

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
64 posted 2011-01-13 03:58 PM

to my angel this I write,
something warm, something right,
a pillow toss, a smile's flight!

Linda,
I have thought of you time
    and time again,
of your wit and poetic passion,
of your love for life,
Compassion.

and a nutty side I've seen,
a squirrel with a little a-corny!
You've hit my funny bone lots of times,
Sending clouds away,that otherwise,
might have become more stormy.
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wish I could give you just a teeny weeny speck of what you've given us!   Rest assured, Miss Angel, a multitude a prayers from around the world are sent to you and your family.  We love you, Missie!   I luvs
you!  

cathy
                ~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much Shannon for keeping us updated through Owl.   Your mother holds a special place in our hearts.  

Thank you, Owl, for everything.

cathy

Dark Stranger
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-19
Posts 13631
West Coast
65 posted 2011-01-13 04:02 PM

EA...if you wanted that wind in your face feeling you could have just climbed on the back of the scoot and held on....hurry onto well street lady, I will be looking for you there.  Dark
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
66 posted 2011-01-13 05:09 PM

Linda,
Your daughter is very special and loving to communicate your situation to your friends at PIP. ANd you are very courageous
and an inspiration tp us all. My prayers are with you and your family.
With love
Liz

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
67 posted 2011-01-13 09:33 PM

Linda,  repeating all the love and hugs  from the above posts.I know that every single one is a deep true feeling because I know each one who has writtten here is true blue. Wonderful people touching you with their heart's love. Get well and  enjoy your new room and room mate. Take it easy and you will beat this one too.love to you.latearrival/jo
dollmaker
since 2006-08-30
Posts 155
mass dorchester
68 posted 2011-01-14 11:16 AM

to my loving linda,
get well soooooooooo we can go up in a balloon,

or see a bride get married in june.

let's go to the moon just us 2.

sorry your sick.

get well quick.

i love you soooooooo much.

love,
kerri

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
69 posted 2011-01-14 01:30 PM

Linda...I have a feeling that you are the one brightening the lives of those that you are meeting in this new life adventure.  Sending you much love today...the healing kind.
Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
70 posted 2011-01-14 10:28 PM

We all love you Linda. Get well soon!
The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
71 posted 2011-01-14 11:27 PM

just checking in to say "good night" Linda and send you some love...

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
72 posted 2011-01-14 11:49 PM

Oops!  I forgot to say last night after Martie's message that I sent yesterday's messages to Linda.  I will send the new ones tonight (South African "tonight").  

Thank you everyone for checking in regularly to send more messages to Linda.  

Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
73 posted 2011-01-15 02:04 PM

New ones, since Martie are now sent.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
74 posted 2011-01-15 10:41 PM

Hey Linder Lou,
I love you
More than oatmeal goo
and monkey poo!

(Okay, I'll admit it - I don't really love monkey poo.  But .. I do love you.)

xoxoxoxo
Alison

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
75 posted 2011-01-15 11:55 PM

How could she not be the nurse's favorite?? I'm sure she's the favorite of everyone who has met her....she is certainly ours!!!

Fight the good fight, Linda. We are behind you, with love.

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
76 posted 2011-01-16 01:33 PM

Very good news from Shannon, but as you will see, Linda needs all the prayers and healing wishes you can spare.  Please keep sending them.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that Mom was just fast-tracked into the rehabilitation unit at Oakville-Trafalgar hospital. She is being put onto a program of 3 hours a day of physio, plus has a new dietician and nephrologist (kidney doctor) - whom she LOVES. They are working together to try and preserve Mom's kidney function. As of right now, she is severely anemic and if they can't get her blood iron back up and stable, she will have to go on dialysis. This aside, her other readings are better than before and Mom is resting comfortably (in a very pretty room, I might add - not too "hospital-like") and slowly gaining strength.

If you're local and would like to speak or visit with her, she is located in Room 3232 (bed 1) of the rehabilitation unit (3-Centre). The hospital's main switchboard is 905-845-2571. I'm afraid I don't have an extension number for the rehab unit.

Again, our family's most sincere thanks for all of the positive energy you have been sending our way. I know that all of the prayers, visits, emails, phone calls, etc. have made the utmost difference in helping put my mother on the road to recovery. You have lifted her spirits and given her renewed faith. This whole experience has definitely changed her emotionally and spiritually - for the better, she'd say. The physical part, well, we believe that can also be improved with ongoing positive thought, so don't stop thinking and praying....

Love,
Shannon

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
77 posted 2011-01-16 02:29 PM

Today's messages are sent.

Owl

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

78 posted 2011-01-16 02:41 PM

Positive news is always encouraging! Thanks for sharing, Owl!
skyshine
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-02-07
Posts 3058
Beneath the northern stars
79 posted 2011-01-16 08:58 PM

Hello Linda, it's been a long time, but I haven't forgotten you or this place. Now I'll take a moment to wish you well and say that I'm really happy that you are hanging in there! Hope to hear lots more good news soon. And you'll be in my prayers!

--sky

I hope someday you get the chance to live like you were dying....
~Tim McGraw

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
80 posted 2011-01-16 09:05 PM

sending lots of love, light and healing thoughts to Linda and wishes for a peaceful heart to Shannon.

Diana, thank you once again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
81 posted 2011-01-16 09:55 PM

Shannon,

Because I'm getting OLD [and you can share this with your mother!] I'm going to put it on my calendar to call her on Tuesday! I have a busy day tomorrow...who doesn't? But remind her that I'm supposedly retired [no one wants me anymore...   ]...but that I will make a point to use this number to make a call! It will be my pleasure to talk with her and shine a little light upon our own Earth Angel!

God Bless her soul...she's lifted up so many people...all we can do is make sure she knows just how much she needs to come back to us!

Love, Karilea / Sunshine

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
82 posted 2011-01-17 02:51 PM

Today's messages sent.

Owl

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
83 posted 2011-01-17 03:31 PM

Today is the 17th of January and now three thirty on a rainy cold afternooni in HA ha "Sunny Florida". I just want to say hello, Linda and a thank you to Sharon and Owl for helping us all to stay in touch. We are thinking of you and came to let you know we are all around  you hoping to surround with our love,You who deserve it so much.Please find comfort in  these little notes from those who truly care. latearrival/jo
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

84 posted 2011-01-17 06:02 PM

Hi there girlfriend, I just poked in to see how you are doing...Linda, your always on my mind...and I'm sending you tons of positive thoughts and prayers in hopes that your recovery is a speedy one...you are so loved and needed by all...

and your daughter, what a wonderful woman she is to keep us all posted on your behalf...and we love her to....

be in peace dear friend and know that your loved...

from a very stubborn lady who cannot wait to get an email again, or to hear your voice on the phone...

Hugs
Lee J.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
85 posted 2011-01-17 06:26 PM

Thank you so much, dear Shannon, for the update, it sounds uplifting. Let's trust in the functioning of Linda's kidneys. May universal healing energy flood them.
My thoughts are with you, dearest Linda, and your voice and your laughter echo within my heart, I feel your strength growing.
All our love and common longing for your full recovery will act as a powerful magnet for this miracle to manifest.
Sending all my love and hugs.
Margherita

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
86 posted 2011-01-17 06:37 PM

Hello my Sul Sister ... glad you have been moved and will start receiving therapy. I just know you will make great progress and will be home very shortly. Hooray!!

I am missing you but know you in good hands. Sending you more love and light for a swift healing.

ooxx   Marti

I do the <font color=FF6600><b>MS Walk</color></b> everyday!!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
87 posted 2011-01-18 12:05 PM

I just had the most wonderful conversation with our Linda! Suffice to say, even though she is going through physiotherapy, she doesn't sound "ill" at all - her spirit is very much alive and kicking her butt so her body will follow suit.

We laughed and talked some more and she shared her marvelous miracle [not only with me] but her doctor also believes it should be shared because it was indeed, just that, a miracle that she is with us today.

And she has so much to work towards! She is positive she will be at Shannon's wedding this coming summer, and she realizes that following the wedding, there will one day soon be additional reasons for her sticking around.

She said that "God gave me a choice..." and she's convinced that she made the right one.

I am, too.

To all of PiP - Linda says,

I'm alive, and well,
holding on to positive thinking
and I'm taking this second chance
to make the most of it...
All is Well!

So if any of you can take five minutes and call her? It will be a thrill for both you, and Linda.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
88 posted 2011-01-18 05:14 PM

Thank you, dear Karilea, for your and Linda's message which fill my heart with joy.

Evviva Linda! Yes you are making it, your faith and your determination are renewing you and indeed "all is well".

Love and hugs.
Margherita

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
89 posted 2011-01-18 06:44 PM

Replies sent, up to the end of Karilea.  Tomorrow's will start from Margherita.

Thank you very much Karilea for the wonderful news.  It has lightened my evening so much.  I keep smiling even before I realise why I am smiling.  

Owl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
90 posted 2011-01-18 08:29 PM

Diana, I want to thank YOU for making sure that everyone here at PiP has an opportunity to check in on one of our beloved members...without you, this would have never been known by so many of us.

I had meant to enclose this sentiment in my original posting above, but as you know, stuff happens!

Diana, you are definitely one of Linda's Guardian Angels!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
91 posted 2011-01-18 11:38 PM

Here is a lovely email from Shannon, which she has asked me to post here.  I will put my reply in the next response:

Hi Diana,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all that you have done to help my mom get better these past few weeks. I know that it takes time and co-ordination to keep PIP posted on her progress and to send me all of the daily replies (not only from the Announcement board, but from the Prose section, etc.), but my family and I really appreciate it.

I wish I had the time to reply to each person who has been a part of Mom's healing process, individually, but that would be a monumental task. (Perhaps you could post this email instead?) There have been sooo many wonderful comments and such beautiful poetry written in honour of my mother. She and I have both laughed and teared up while enjoying the sentiments of the beautiful writers at PIP. Speaking to her tonight on the phone, Mom paused for a moment and asked me how she was ever going to be able to let everyone know just how much their kind words have meant to her. For the first time in my life, I actually witnessed my mother rendered speechless! She is truly, truly grateful for all of the support that each and every person has given her and she wants everyone to know that, very sincerely, from the bottom of her heart.

I hope that in the coming weeks, there is more good news to report. I know that today was definitely a good day for her. I'm sure that tomorrow will be even brighter.

Lots of love to you and to all,

Shannon

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
92 posted 2011-01-18 11:40 PM

Hi Shannon

What a sweet email and how sweet it was of you to make the time to write it and how sweet it was of your mom to ask you to - but then, that is Linda and Shannon!  

It is YOU TWO that WE have to thank.  Your Mom is MEGA-IMPORTANT to all of us (and now you too, Shannon) and we are also being selfish in wanting her well and healthy and happy, not only for her and for you, but for us as well!  She doesn't need to let anyone know how much their kind words mean to her.  We know and that is why we send them - she has been doing the same for us all for years and years.  Whilst we (and I speak for everyone) appreciate and are very heart-warmed by her words, all she needs to do for us is TO GET BETTER PHYSICALLY AND TO CONTINUE TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND COME BACK TO PIP WHEN SHE IS COMPLETELY WELL - that will be thanks enough.  

We will all keep praying and sending healing messages so that our miracle Earth Angel, Linda will keep getting better by the day.  Our instructions are that she must do as the doctors and nurses and you and her other family members tell her to do, as I am sure she is doing, but I fear that she is too intent on fixing the problems of everyone else around her and that it will sap her energy when she needs it to fix herself.  If she tries, just tell her that the Pipsters won't allow it.  

I will copy your email and my reply into Announcements.

Lots and lots of love and light and POWERPUNCH PRAYERS
Diana

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
93 posted 2011-01-19 01:33 AM

just checking to see how our angel is doing. I am grateful that today was a good day. love to you Linda!

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
94 posted 2011-01-19 02:18 PM

Aw, Sunshine, I am so envious and happy to that you get to talk to Linda! I do miss her.  Thank you for the update, too.  

.........LOL  Linda, you are one tough creampuff, as my sister would say.  You are always one to choose life and you bless everyone around you. I couldn't be happier! I love you to pieces, and keep you in my heart and prayers with a smile all the time.  If I do that, how much more does God love you and keep you in HIS?  It is such a joy to be able to check here at PIP and see you blossoming.

It's a rare day on the Southern OR coast.  We have sunshine not of the liquid variety.  It's day made for Earth Angels and miracles, and you are both, my sweet friend.  Am so grateful for you and the light of your being.

Guess I'm off like a herd of turtles to get my chores done!  It keeps me out of mischief.  Love you. Love you! ~KL  

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
95 posted 2011-01-19 02:22 PM

Diana... love to you, too.  Sunshine said it first, so I will reiterate:  You are the best!!!  ~klassy
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
96 posted 2011-01-19 05:15 PM

Linda, dearest Angelo Terrestre, I have this inner tremor right now from the joy and emotion of talking to you these past minutes. You are love personified. I am so terribly sorry for all the challenges you have to cope with, but I trust deeply in your recovery (even from that insidious superbug!).
The powerful flow of love and prayers will keep the healing energy permeating you constantly.
Thank you for the gift of you.
I love you. Will call again sometime soon.
You are not alone, the whole Universe supports you.
Margherita
Thank you, dear Diana, for posting the messages and the update by dear Shannon. I felt encouraged to call dear Linda and I am so happy I did call.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
97 posted 2011-01-19 06:28 PM

Klassy...hello you! I don't know what it will cost me, I spent a glorious 15 minutes on the phone, but guess what? I don't care! I'm going to do it again, soon! Just let all the rings go through....don't hang up! Linda will get to the phone, eventually!

She's one very special person. If you hear her voice, you can tell, she comes from an elite few....

Now, go back into the archives, enjoy her work, Lift her life!

Love, K

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
98 posted 2011-01-19 11:22 PM

Dearest Linder Lou ~

I am going to share our "today experience" as you suggested that I do.

Hello All -

Today out of the blue I picked up the phone and called our Linda for the first time ever.  She said that just as I had called she had gotten the news that she has MRSA (a serious staph infection) and has been placed in Isolation.

She said the medical personnel had just left her room and her roomate had been moved out of the room.  Linda said that she was fighting the tears, wondering when she will stop having these hurdles placed in front of her - and I called.  We agreed it was a sign.

Linda has such incredible spirit and strength.  We were laughing - and she shared much of what she has been going through.  If I can have asmidgen of her courage, I'll be a happy woman.  Linda reached out to me in our conversation, making me feel good about our friendship and myself.  How does she do that?

Please keep the thoughts, prayers, and notes coming her way.  Our hurdler is jumping yet another hurdle - and we know that she is the PiP Olympian.  

Linda sends her love and said that she believes that she is improving because of the love and faith of Pipsters.

Hang in there, Linder Lou.  Fight the good fight and remember - you still have not passed the Poetry Workshop.  You have an incomplete (with me).

Your fellow Pipster Poet.
Alison

xoxoxoxo

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
99 posted 2011-01-20 06:25 AM

Linda, dear Linda, sweet poet of passions

Dear Poetess your days are blessed
With all the love that you possess
The angels know the songs you’ve sung
And pulled your verses one by one

Then spread your words of simple grace
Across the width of heaven's face
And there you are. in clearest view
The lovely essence that is you

For every word and every verse
Each lyric phrase the skies disperse
Are fragile heartstrings tightly wound
Around a love much more profound

For you have lived what you believe
And give much more than you receive
We recognize the good you’ve shown
And now embrace the friend we’ve known

With outstretched arms and outstretched words
All the hearts that you have stirred
With humble shades across our face
Now take you in a warm embrace

May peace be present in your room
May you return to passions soon
And we will gaze with longing eyes
Across the width of midnight skies

Much love and hugs and kisses
Liz

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
100 posted 2011-01-20 10:44 AM

Woke up thinking about you
and loving you, Linda.

xoxoxo
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
101 posted 2011-01-20 11:28 AM

I gave Telkom what for, last night when I had no Internet connection, but they didn't manage to fix it.  I still had none when I got home from work and phoned and gave Telkom more what for and they fixed it pronto.

As a result, I didn't manage to send the messages to Linda and Shannon last night, but have just done so now.  

If there are more, by 9pm (South African time) in 2.5 hours, I will send those then.  

I know Linda wouldn't have minded, but I so want her to get them every day, but she has them now and I explained why they didn't arrive last night.  

Owl

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
102 posted 2011-01-20 12:21 PM

Dear Linda...I remember all the loving comments I got from you and others here at Pip, and how very much they meant to me when I was in the hospital.  Even though I didn't read them until I was home, I could feel the blessings warming me as I know you do.  Hugs!  
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
103 posted 2011-01-20 03:29 PM

Sent Martie's one now.

Owl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
104 posted 2011-01-20 08:30 PM

Keep working on your therapy, Linda! We all believe in your resolve to improve rapidly!

dollmaker
since 2006-08-30
Posts 155
mass dorchester
105 posted 2011-01-21 11:09 AM

to my angel,
sending you my love on the wings of a dove,

take care my love.

soooooooo sorry that your sick.

get well quick.

let's dance on the milky way when u get well,

wouldn't that be swell.

i love u.

please gell well sooooooo u can write again.

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
106 posted 2011-01-22 02:10 AM

Hey girl friend,

It's warmed up here enough for my fingers to type again - they have been frozen, you know.  It got down to -45 F here.  Yep.  I live in the part of Alaska where they stick all the crazy people.  

[insert crazy look frozen on my face]

It has warmed up to -16 and is supposed to be above 0 by Sunday.  We mark temperatures by above 0 or below 0.  Okay, I'll admit.  We are weather-obsessed.  Alaskans talk (complain) about the weather all the time - it's too hot, too cold, too rainy, too dry, too much lightening, too much smoke from wildland fires.  You name it - if it is a weather related issue, we will complain.

It's late and I am thinking of you.  I hope that you are keeping your spirits up and working on getting sprung from that place (oh wait - that's a reference to getting out of prison, huh - not that I am insinuating or anything .. but spring yourself already. Okay?).  I miss you here and want you back soon.  See, Linda dear, I am the baby of my family ~ and what Alison wants.  Well, Alison gets!  Would you work with me here?  Afterall, I know this thread is over a 100 posts, but you know ... it's not all about you.  What about what I want?  I want you back in the Poetry Workshop.  I want you back in PiP.  I want you happy and healthy.  It truly is all about me!

Seriously, I think of you lots and send all my positive energy your way.  I think of you at odd times ~ and I smile.  That's what you are all about in my mind.  You are pure love and bring smiles and laughter to me.  So, Holler girl, come home to PiP soon.

I love you, sister of my heart.

xxoxxoox
Alison

(PS - I wrote this in "your" color)~ aqua color, but only could pick purple because I ain't as smart as you and I don't know how to use fancy colors and fonts!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
107 posted 2011-01-22 11:02 AM

Only just managed to send last night's messages now.  Internet connection again. I will send the next lot of messages in 3 hours if there are more by then.

Giggles at Alison's message!  Linda will love it!!!

Owl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
108 posted 2011-01-22 01:47 PM

Linda,

Just to let you know, dear, I tried to call today when I had a quiet moment at home. I just wanted to hear that wonderful voice of yours and to let you know that "we're all talking 'bout you!" In only the best light, of course...but I sure do hope your ears are burning!

I do know one thing. He has his hands full, right now, intercepting all of these prayers!

Love, Sunshine

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
109 posted 2011-01-22 03:28 PM

Good afternoon my friend ... it has finally stopped snowing here in N.E. and not supposed to snow all next week. However, the temps will be down about 0º and lower. So you don't need to guess very hard what I'm doing this week. Staying in my nice warm house.
Ron took a bad, bad fall skiing on Tuesday, 1/18 and had to be rushed to the hospital but he came home the next day and is hanging in there. A bit of a headache and lots of bumps and bruises. Honestly, it scared me to pieces.

We are seeing our grandbabies and Sat. and so looking forward to it. They are getting so big and cuter by the minute. When you're feeling better, I'll email you some pictures of them.

Dahlin', feel better and as always, you remain in my thought and prayers.
ooxx  Marti

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
110 posted 2011-01-22 04:08 PM

Sent Karilea's message some time ago.  Will start with Marti's tomorrow night.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
111 posted 2011-01-22 05:13 PM

Dear Linda Lou,

Rushing in to drop a line.  I will try to call Monday.  Just got done cleaning my house.  God, I hate that chore.  Well, I hate all chores. I want to lie around and have Chippendale boys fan me.  And maybe feed me chocolate.  And maybe hold my shot glass while I sip tequila.  Now ... there's a fantssy!

I am having a big dinner party thing tonight.  Very informal. It was supposed to be Christmas dinner, but that got cancelled.  One family member's house burned down on Christmas day and my best friend's mother died on Christmas day.  So - what a year.  And you had your heart attack on Christmas eve. Man on man.  

Anyway, my present to my family and friends is a seafood dinner.  So, I have King Crab legs and prawns, wine and bread -- and my tequila (of course).  Nothing else .. but dessert.  Not sure what that is going to be yet.  I think Angel food cake in honor of my Earth Angel. With berries and whipped cream.

Yes, I know that I start sentences with "And" .. gasps!  I talk fast, you know.  Too much to say and too little time.

I love you lots and am here thinking about you.

xoxox
Alison

How about bright cherry red today?

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
112 posted 2011-01-23 02:30 AM

Umm did I say tequila?  

Love you,
A

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

113 posted 2011-01-24 05:18 PM

Dear Linda
Please know your in my thoughts and prayers..miss talking with you...hugs and sending much love and postive thoughts....Lee J.

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
114 posted 2011-01-24 06:37 PM

Forgot to say I sent up to Alison's cherry red message last night.

Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
115 posted 2011-01-24 06:43 PM

Sent today's messages.

Owl

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
116 posted 2011-01-25 01:01 AM

checking in tonight to see how our Angel is doing.
sending you love Linda!

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
117 posted 2011-01-25 02:00 AM

Dear Linda,

It was a long and tiring day today.  I thought of you as I was running around taking my cat to the vet and bringing him home.  He's fine, just taking some meds.  I told him he should go and keep you company.  He is not very snuggly, but he is very protective of those he loves.  I know he'd love you right away.  How could he not?

I will try to make that promised phone call tomorrow.  Just remember that I think of you and smile - love you, girly girl.

xoxoxo
Alison

(Blue Hoo!  I miss you!)

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
118 posted 2011-01-25 08:42 AM

I dreamed of angels at war Saturday night... and the good guys won. *S* That may not be a sign of anything but the fact that you're in my thoughts... but I know your strength... and know you're not one to ever give up, no matter what obstacles are thrown in your way. *S*

Holding you in my heart, lifting you in my prayers...
Ruth

And Diana... thank you so much! I know Linda appreciates your efforts... so do we!!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
119 posted 2011-01-25 02:50 PM

Sent today's messages off.  My pleasure, thanks Ruth.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
120 posted 2011-01-26 12:47 PM

An original story for Linda ~
Love, Alison

-

The Woman and the Wolf

Thousands of years ago, man did not own the lands in the north-country and map makers did not delineate that land with pretty colors.  Thousands of years ago, people lived off the gifts of the land, and created gifts to return to the land.  Thousands of years ago, lived a man known as the sky painter.  He painted vibrant colors in the sky.  In time, he realized that the colors he painted were more beautiful and dramatic when painted on the black of night skies.  The sky painter painted vibrant colors with such passion and power that they absorbed some of his power into the colors.  The lights began to move and then dance wildly across the sky.  The colors became deeper and more brilliant.  If one listened, one could hear the crackle of their music.  Their power grew.

The lights continued growing and moving and, in time, they realized that that which has been created – can be erased.  In fear for their existence, the lights turned the sky painter into a wolf.  As a wolf, he could travel and see the beauty of his creation.  As a wolf, he would remain alone and unable to share his power with other beings.  As a wolf, he would be feared by humans and other animals.  The powerful lights deemed that the wolf would live through eternity, which allowed him to gaze upon his masterpiece of color and motion in the night sky.

The wolf did, indeed, live through the ages.  He travelled the lands that once were the home of his people.  The wolf sang under the moving lights, basking in their colors, hearing the crackle of their music.

Time moved through the air swiftly until the wolf became part of what we call ‘present day’.

On the banks of the Chalkyitsik River lived a woman in a small, sturdy and comfortable cabin with no around for hundreds of miles.  She loved her home and the independence she carved into what was once very dependent life in a congested city.  The woman had no family and no true friends.  She lived a subsistence lifestyle, gathering wood and carrying water from a creek above the river back to her cabin.  She lived on moose meat, caribou, berries and vegetables from her summer garden.  This woman no longer answered to a name or a calling – other than enjoying the natural world around her.

She loved to hike and ski the trails she created.  One winter evening, she was skiing far from her cabin and came across an unfamiliar trail.  “Where did it come from,” she quietly wondered.  Where did it lead?  She swiftly moved down the trail and listened to the sliding of skis against an icy path.  Rounding a corner, she stopped abruptly and her eyes grew wide.  There before her was a lone wolf, laying right off the trail.  He was close to starvation, each rib showing under what must have once been a lush and beautiful coat.  He was still as he stared at her.  He held her gaze with a steady gaze from amber gold eyes.  His eyes mesmerized the woman.  They almost seemed to spark as power jetted from them.

The winds swirled around the woman, softly whispering into her ear, “Please free me from this trap that has me caught.  Please release me. I will not harm you.”  The woman held the wolf’s gaze and as if hypnotized removed her skis and knelt before him.  Her fingers clumsily sprang the trap that held him captive.  The wolf seemed too weak to move, but she had no idea how to further help him.  Putting her skis back on, she looked down at him with sad eyes.  “I have done all I can for you,” she whispered in a broken voice.  She hated to leave him behind, but knew by the time she returned with a sled to help him, he would be dead.  Slowly, she began to ski from him and towards her cabin on the Chalkyitsik River.   Her heart hurt as it not hurt for years.  

Upon returning home, she entered the cabin and stoked the embers of her fire.  Her cabin quickly warmed as she heated a pot of soup.  The night was quiet and the stars were bright as she left the cabin before sleep and gazed at the sky.  The lights began to appear and danced with a joy she had not seen before.  Colors swirled and eddied above her head.  As she watched, she listened to the familiar crackle that accompanied the dance … and she heard a shuffle-dragging sound that was not familiar to her.  She stood still in the night and gazed down the trail from her cabin.  Her breath caught in the frozen air as she saw two amber gold eyes looking at her from the darkness.  Closer they came as the shuffle-dragging sound was louder.  The woman held her breath, unable to feel fear and wondering why.  

Can you imagine her surprise when the wolf appeared from the darkness?  He was a dark shadow against the white snow.  She approached him and laid a hand upon his ruff, fingers sliding into the guard hairs as she carefully guided him into her small home.

The woman laid a bed upon the floor for the wolf and poured him a pan of warmed broth.  As he drifted to sleep, she tended to his wounded foot.  She washed it, then covered it with an ointment and covered it with a clean cloth.  The wolf remained with her, content to have her bring him back to health.  They sat in silence together in the evenings, watching the lights dance in the night sky.  

She became used to her companion.  For so long, she had not allowed herself to feel friendship with others.  She realized how lonely she had become and she dreaded the day that the wolf would be healthy enough to leave.  The wolf enjoyed her quiet company and he respected her abilities to take care of herself and him.  He watched her and saw how competent and courageous she was.  

In time, the wolf did get better.  The winter days became spring days and the days were longer and sunny.  The woman began to prepare her garden and the wolf took off on long treks.  She missed him when he was gone.  He missed her.  When they were together, they were always together.  He was her companion.  He was her friend and protector.  And he was her teacher.  When with him, she found the most lush berry patches.  She fished in streams teaming with fish.  She found stands of dry wood for firewood.  

One day she gazed upon her friend, and he upon her.  Their eyes locked and she realized that she loved this wolf.  She, the woman who had loved no one, loved deeper than she had dreamed possible.  She loved more than she had loved her family.  She loved more than she had loved any man.  The love she held for the wolf was built on trust.  He loved her in the same manner.

They gazed upon the dancing sky above them one night, and the colors moved in wild gyrations.  The lights were almost blinding as they careened from the stars to the mountains.  The familiar crackle became a cacophony of notes.  The lights the sky painter had created so long ago looked down upon the woman and the wolf.  There was no longer fear that the sky painter would remove the aurora borealis from the sky – and they released him from the spell that had been placed upon him thousands of years before.

The woman stared in terror as the wolf before her became illuminated and electrified.  His coat was lit like candle wick and his eyes glowed.  His wolf form changed into a man.  Not just a man, he was the sky painter.  He was the creator of the aurora.  They shared a love, that of woman and man; and they built a life upon her compassion and courage and his creativity and wisdom.

Did they live happily ever after?  I can’t really tell you that; but, I can tell you that the last time that I saw them … they were very happy.

-

Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
121 posted 2011-01-26 02:01 PM

Alison, Linda will LOVE this.  I was captivated the whole way through - a wonderful story!

Owl

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
122 posted 2011-01-26 03:03 PM

Alison... I could just hug you. *S* I loved that and know Linda will, too! *S*

Owl: Big hugs, sweet lady. *S*

And Linda: We love you!

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
123 posted 2011-01-26 08:48 PM

Diana,

Thank you for passing on the messages on.  I know this must make things easier for Shannon.  Thank you also for liking my little story.

xoxoxo
A

--

Ruth,

I always have hugs for you.  Thank you.

xoxoxo
A

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
124 posted 2011-01-27 02:07 PM

Thanks Ruth and Alison.  It is a pleasure to do anything at all for Linda and/or Shannon.

Last night I sent up to my message after Alison's story.  
Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
125 posted 2011-01-27 02:16 PM

Sent from Owl just before Ruth onwards tonight.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
126 posted 2011-01-27 11:39 PM

Hey Angel Girl,

It's night and I am wiped out tired.  This has been the longest week ever.  I think I am going to go see True Grit tomorrow night.  Nothing like a good cowboy movie to start off my weekend!  Is it the chaps, the worn levis, spurs or the boots and that hat.  Who knows.  Just know this.  My blood is gonna be hot tomorrow night.  Yep.  I am a cowboy groupie.

I can't wait until you come back here and we can tear up these pages of blue.  You always have been such a bad influence on me.  You have.  You know it too.  Everyone buys that angelic act - and they just look at me and try to feed me oatmeal.  I don't get that at all.

Well, I love you darling dear.  

xoxoxo
Alison

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
127 posted 2011-01-28 01:22 AM

Hello, Linda!

Just thinking about you in the wee hours of our Ohio morning!  Yes, we're expecting snow again!   I just love it!   There is little prettier than cardinals donning their bright feathers over the snow and bare branches.  

My mother had a major fall in September and she has come to my house to rehabilitate.  It makes me realize all the baby steps one has to take to heal- all the way from proper nutrition, to that wonderful
EXERCISE and therapy, to just keeping focused on the positive.  I say, it ain't easy!  But... the cardinals outside her window are a lovely reminder of the magic of color and flight and all that's good.  My mother will give it all she's got, and I know you will, too!

I send you warm wishes and visions of the cute little guys feeding at our bird feeders!  Oh yes, I won't forget to send you a vision of that red headed wood pecker either!  His vibrant red head and black and white striped wings are especially striking on this wintry day!  

With hugs and lotsa luv

Cathy (miscellanea-

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
128 posted 2011-01-28 11:18 AM

Linda - we don't just feed her oatmeal... we make SURE it's lumpy! LOL

Big hugs to all my favorite ladies... and continued prayers! *S*

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
129 posted 2011-01-28 11:22 AM

Dear Linda my friend,

I am afraid that I have been quiet lately, at a loss for words, not here since the 6th of the month and not really thinking about poems and such. But I have been thinking about you.

I suppose the winter has me down a bit. Missing you here doesn't help.

My heart is with you darlin Linda.
My prayer time is full of you.
And if you think I'm silent just because I'm not here, now you know different.
God hears me well.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
130 posted 2011-01-28 01:58 PM

Ok, Linda, I promise not to feed Ali-gal lumpy oatmeal. I'll fix her Malt-O-Meal instead, with wonderful dried cranberries all plump and juicy with just a touch of brown sugar to round out the flavor [and MY bowl will get a little dab 'o butter, just because...]

So, dear, how's therapy? Are you pushing them or are they pushing you? Is everyone laughing at your marvelous wit and energy?

And by the way, Hug Shannon for us, okay?

Love, Sunshine

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
131 posted 2011-01-28 02:23 PM

Sent replies up to here today.

Owl

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
132 posted 2011-01-28 07:03 PM

Alison, I love you wolf story, too!  

Linda, there are messgs in you e-mail from me, too... but here also is a heart from Oregon who loves you!  Hugs.  

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
133 posted 2011-01-28 07:23 PM

Linda...I suspect that you're smiling at all the people you got together in one place to smile and hold hands with you.  A warm feeling is part of this thread, for sure!!  Hugs!!!!
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
134 posted 2011-01-28 11:20 PM

My new puppy has chewed through my power cable.  

I hope I can get one today - or get this one fixed.  However, I don't know whether I will be able to get a new one over the weekend - or at all, as my laptop was bought in 2007 - and if at all, I don't know whether it will have to be ordered or whether one will be in stock - and I don't know if I will be able to get one after work on Monday and before whatever time whatever shop closes.  At worst, I hope to get it on Wednesday.  I will email Linda and Shannon and tell them this so that if they don't get the replies before then, they will know they are coming.  I will do my best to get one today or as soon as possible.  

I don't have much battery power left.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
135 posted 2011-01-29 11:31 AM

Thank you, Owly one.  I hope you get it all sorted out - gotta love puppies!  If you need help, let me know - I am happy to help out.

Love you,
A

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
136 posted 2011-01-30 02:13 AM

Thinking of you, Linda, and sending much love for your recovery.  You're not too far away for all our thoughts and prayers to arrive swiftly and safely.  

Hugs
Helen

Earl Brinkman
since 2010-03-03
Posts 1183
Osaka, Japan
137 posted 2011-01-30 03:06 AM

In this time of need my prayers are with you.
Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
138 posted 2011-01-31 03:31 AM

Goodnight, Linda.  
I love you and miss you.

xoxoxo
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
139 posted 2011-02-02 10:49 AM

Thanks, Alison for the offer of help.  Unfortunately, my battery ran out before I could get it, otherwise I would have asked you to send every day for me.

I managed to replace the cable my puppy chewed, the day I said I was hoping to get it, but then Telkom lines were cut by copper thieves, and the whole suburb had no telephone lines for the whole weekend and half of Monday.  We then got our telephone lines back, but not our ADSL lines so we had no access to emails or Internet.  Telkom insisted that in my case the fault was no longer theirs.  I had my computer tested at one place and my modem at another.  The latter place told me my modem wasn't working and so cheated me into buying another.  When I got home, Telkom had fixed the problem and the supposedly non-functional modem was working perfectly, so I bought the second one for nothing.  Anyway, I am back - hopefully without any more incident for a long while.  

I am going to send from the last message sent up to this one.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
140 posted 2011-02-02 08:42 PM

Hey Angelic one ~

How's it going?  I am thinking of you - just got home and got all the kids fed.  I have five and one on the way.  Wonder how many eyes popped open from that last sentence (if anyone peeks in and reads anyway!).  I think you know that three of those "kids" are of the feline variety and two are of the canine kind.  I am getting a puppy in a couple of months - when she is old enough to leave her Mama.  Anyway, I get home and have to tend to all of them before I get a breath.  They are happy now - fed with food, "cookies" and love.

I do so hope that things are getting better for you.  Are you keeping your spirits up?  Keep your positive attitude and who knows what will happen?  Maybe you will have a miraculous recovery and be the perfect woman in body that you are in spirit.  I keep my fingers crossed for that anyway.

I have to call into a conference call soon and have to go look up the numbers.  I love you lots, darling friend.

Keep cool and stay happier than happy.  You have every excuse - you are on drugs!!!!

Love you,
Alison

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
141 posted 2011-02-03 12:58 PM

Hiya Linda Ladybug!

Just thinking of you, as usual, and wanted to say hello. I was hoping for more news on here about you, but good things come to those who wait, right?

We just scraped by this winter storm. Luckily it stopped raining before it got below freezing or we would've had another ice storm with no power

John will be home tonight after over two weeks on the road. I will be thinking of you and praying, and might get a chance to pop in to see if there's any updates.

Hang in there baby! I can't wait till you get back here and are able to see the pictures of my grandbaby girl.

Much love and lots of light,
Dixie

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
142 posted 2011-02-03 03:11 PM

I saw that about the kids, Alison, but my eyes didn't pop out of my head, as I knew about your gorgeous babies and have photos of all of them (I think - without going to check that there are any I don't have).  Looking forward to seeing the new puppy too.  

I am going to send from Alison's message up to this one.

It is but POURING with rain - not in buckets, but busloadsful.  Sometimes I have a problem with telephone lines after rain - haven't for a while, but have in the past.  Alison, seeing you offered previously - if I miss a day sending the messages to Linda, it will only be because I couldn't get on line - I am sure you won't mind stepping in and sending for me.  I hate Linda not getting the messages every day.  Thanks, Alison, I really appreciate that.

Owl

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
143 posted 2011-02-03 11:34 PM

Dear Linda, Didn’t you just love Allison’s Wolf story? I sat and read it all. I read all your letters. It helps me to know and understand all the more how wonderful a person you are. Each friend here at PIP is so terrific each in their own way, but it is agreed that we all love and miss you. I cannot wait for the day you are back with us. You are missed.
Love, jo

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
144 posted 2011-02-05 03:15 PM

There were no new messages today, so I just sent an email.

Owl

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
145 posted 2011-02-05 06:04 PM

Hi Linda Angel!

I check in often to see how you are doing and I am happy you are doing so well. I am not writing much nowadays... except of course the poem I wrote for you. I am thinking of you and waiting for the day when you are able to walk away from all this medical and rehab "stuff!"  
love you
Kate

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
146 posted 2011-02-05 07:43 PM

Dear Linda,

Just got home after a long day of running errands.  Two dogs, my Mom and me - and no wonder I am half nuts all the time.  Saturdays are purgartory.  Isn't Purgatory that western town down Yuma way?  Oh what do I know???  Anyway, Saturdays are not quite heaven and not quite hell.  So, I guess (according to my geopgraphy) Saturday's reside some place in Arizona!.  Anyway, I digress - which is quite normal for me.

I keep going out at night and checking the sky - I have been thinking about Kacy a lot lately and want to get some really good shots of the Northern Lights.  If I do, I'll be sure to share them with you.  Maybe I'll just go out for a walk tomorrow with my camera and take "Linda Pictures".  

I miss you lots - let's see what else is new.  Oh, I am going to get out my Rosetta Stone and try to butcher the Russian language again.  I put it away last summer because I was afraid that I was going to cause problems with Russia.  You know that I can see Russia from my window, don't you?!?  Okay, I can't.   But I can see Purgatory.  So there!  

The days are getting longer up here.  The light is beautiful this time of year.  The Yukon Quest sled dog race started yesterday.  It's a dog sled race that is over a thousand miles between Whitehorse and Fairbanks.  Do you hear about that one at all down where you live?  It's a big deal up here in the northern lands.  Well, everything is a big deal up here.  We are pretty sheltered from all the bright lights and excitement of the lower states.

Well, I have to put my groceries away, but I wanted to take time to whine at (with?) you.

I love you, girly friend.
Alison

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
147 posted 2011-02-05 07:56 PM

Diana,

I had an email from Shannon today, so I've sent an email to Linda along that route, as Shannon was getting ready to go visit.

More later!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
148 posted 2011-02-05 11:17 PM

Thanks, Karilea.  So did I - once I have sorted out what Linda has missed, I will be back with news and a copy of the email from Shannon.

Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
149 posted 2011-02-06 01:18 AM

I had an Internet connection problem for a while, but it seems to be sorted out now.  However, Alison, with regard to your kind offer, if you see that I haven't sent for more than 1 day, please will you send the messages from the last time I sent, to Linda - well, now Shannon's PC - for me.  Hopefully I won't have any more long lapses of Internet connection now that the whole area's problem has been sorted out.  Smiles.  Thanks, Alison.

Here is the email from Shannon:

Hi Diana,

I'm so sorry not to have written for a while; my mom's computer is acting up a lot and I have been having trouble logging on, let alone opening her emails. I tried again today and was able to open a couple. I have almost 2 weeks of emails to try and open still, so I haven't had a chance to read many of the more recent responses to Mom. Just so you and everyone else know, I've been printing all of the responses/letters that have been posted and am putting them together in a keepsake binder for Mom to continue to enjoy and gain inspiration from, later. I don't know if everyone understands just how much they have touched her heart, and our family's hearts. Your wonderful words have made all the difference.

Mom continues to feel a bit stronger every day. She had a bit of a setback shortly after reaching the rehab centre in her current hospital, but is getting better. She somehow contracted a superbug, called MRSA, while in hospital and was immediately put into quarantine upon testing positive for it. Her roomie was whisked out and no visitors were allowed at all. It's only been recently that she can have a couple of visitors at a time, but we have to be in full hospital gowns, gloves, etc. to see her, and everything she touches has to be sterilized. She has limited access to people and things in the hospital, which has put a bit of a damper on what she can do. Thankfully, her last 2 tests to see if she is still infected have tested negative. Her final one is on Monday and we'll know by Wednesday if she's clear. Goodness, we all sure hope so; Mom says she's been feeling like a leppar! ;(

Diana, here is my email. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get into Mom's account again, so I think it's best to email me instead. That way, I can also access your emails from any computer, as I use a hotmail account. Here it is:  dowdshannon@hotmail.com. It's okay if you give out my email to people who wish to send messages to Mom.

Thanks again for your love and support!

Shannon
xoxoxo

I have subsequently resent all messages from 14 January 2011 onwards in one email so that Linda won't have missed any and also sent the whole thread up to now in both Word and as a pdf file to make sure that Shannon gets them to pass on to Linda.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
150 posted 2011-02-06 03:09 AM

Dear Linda,

Just hanging out tonight with my friend, Beetoven - listening to Ode to Joy and thinking of you and the joy that you have shared with all of us.  Thank you, my friend.  I miss you tons and have for some time.  I am pretty tired tongiht - been listening to music all night, everything from Keb' Mo to Aerosmith to Beetoven.  I think I am putting off writing, which is what I originally came to the computer to do.  I was thinking of working on a poem, but got side-tracked.  Kind of one of those, "I think I have ADD - Oh! There goes a rabbit!!" moments.  I do that same thing when I am trying to learn to knit.  Well, that is another story for another day.  

I am thinking of you lots and loving you lots and hoping that you continue to get better and come back to us soon.

xooxox to you, holler girl.

Love,
Ali

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

151 posted 2011-02-06 09:28 AM

Hi Lindy Lou, how are you sweet dear? I hope things are getting much better for you, we all miss you terribly. Well I'm up fairly early, it's coming on 6:00 am. Today is Superbowl Sunday. I'm not sure if you follow football or not, but its a big day for many sports fans, and many others who simply tag along to enjoy the festivities. I've got to go hit the store pretty soon and get some ingredients for some party vittles, it shouldn't be too crowded this time of the morn. Work is going really well, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that I'm a chef instructor at college. I'm working nights now until 10:00 pm which is working out pretty well, it gives me all day to get things done before I have to head in. I wonder if you ever taught before, I wouldn't be surprised if you had, you would be a natural. There's alot of responsibility trying to mold young peoples lives. I absolutely had no idea how bad so many kids had it. Sure, we get our fair share of really wonderful kids, and much older folks as well, but the majority, well, they just seem to be abandoned, and lost. It really puts one's own troubles into perspective. Many younger people, mostly young males that are on probation, or, even scheduled to go back to jail after a short period with us. Some with those tracking devices around their ankles, and on, and on. I'm one of the, old school tough chefs, who doesn't put up any nonsense, and so many of the students in the first two mods before they get into mine, are often, scared of me, well that is, until they meet me, and then they know I will do practically anything for them to succeed. We have so much fun together while their there, I wish you could be there. Teaching is kind of like parenting all over again and I surely do enjoy it so. Its sad that what these kids need most is an education, and even when its right there square in their face, they still find a way to trip over themselves, and fall back to the shadows of society. That part, is hard. You feel like you've failed them on some level, not being able to reach them and pull them over that deep dark abyss. Sometimes with the tools we're given the challenges just seem insurmountable, but the magic behind the whole thing is that sometimes, that miracle does actually happen, and the one's you initially thought were going to term out actually become, superstars.

Well my dear Linda, I better let you go. Sorry if I ranted on so, I guess I just wanted to fill you in a little bit of what's been going on in my life, I hope you didn't mind. You need to get better Linda, this world needs you so, believe me. This human race of ours is always going to need those who see the beauty in things, if simply to remind us how fragile life is, and how so very special.

So very special, just like you.

I love you my friend, get your you know what back here, so we can all have you with us, fighting the good fight, figuring out what this thing called life is all about, and just celebrating the fact that we are here, we can think, and we can hope.

Until next time, take good care of you.

Always,
Richard ((((Linda))))

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
152 posted 2011-02-06 04:06 PM

Richard, your explanation of what's been going on was very touching...and Linda

some more hugs and prayers for your recovery~~

;hugs:
M

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
153 posted 2011-02-06 04:34 PM

Sent up to here tonight.

Owl

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
154 posted 2011-02-06 07:18 PM

My Dear Soul Sister ... I think of you every day and pray that the angels I begged for are on your shoulders taking good care of you.

We've had soooo much snow this winter that there is just no place to put it anymore. Yesterday we went to Lake Lake Winnipesaukee, about 10 minutes from our house, for the 2nd annual pond hockey games. There were 146 teams from all over the US. It was such fun to watch but I got soaked up to my knees. The ice is about 14" thick but there was tons of slush and despite having boots on, my boots got soaked, my socks and jeans were beyond soaked. Not sure were all the slush came from but it was quite nasty. I was pretty sure I'd be swimming at any moment!!!

When we left we decided to take a different path out to the street and if you could have seen me you would have wet your pants laughing. My balance under the best of circumstances is horrible but trying to walk on a bumpy, narrow path, up hill was a nightmare. I couldn't count how many times I fell. At street level there was a young man who came down and offered to pull me up while Ron pushed from the back. Thank goodness there were no video cameras filming me!!

We had a terrible ice storm last night and of course we were out at a neighborhood party. It took us 4 tries on an unplowed road to get up this terribly steep hill to our house. We were both a nervous wreck and Ron was terrified that he's burn out the engine. And I have snow tires. I think next year I'm going to get the kind that has cleats in them.

Grandbabies are growing up so quickly. Sophie is now 4 and in pre-school, Mason just turned 3 in Jan. and the baby, Benjamin will be 2 at the end of May. They are so cute and precious. What a wonderful job of raising them our daughter-in-law and son are doing! We are going to spend the weekend with them this coming weekend. I can't wait. But Linda, it takes me a week to recover. They totally wear me out. But it's worth it!!!

I hope you are doing better and will soon be able to go home. You continue to be in my prayers for good health. I miss you so much.

Love and lots of hugs, Marti from the frozen Tundra!!!

I do the <font color=FF6600><b>MS Walk</b></FF6600><font color=blue>everyday!!

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
155 posted 2011-02-07 01:36 PM

Angelic One: I was furloughed Friday due to bad weather. These furlough days are coming all too frequently! *S* All the weather forecasters had said we'd be getting snow, so the Mayor shut the City down. Days off are nice but not getting paid isn't so nice... and we didn't even get the snow so we could go outside and make fools out of ourselves playing in the white stuff! LOL All we got was icy roads. *sigh* And I know that northerners just sit and snicker and giggle when we shut things down for "inclement" weather when the days we're having would seem like spring to them. *G* But we'd kill ourselves otherwise! LOL Southerners do NOT know how to drive on ice (not that people around here know how to drive, whatever the weather! LOL) There were over 800 accidents between 10 pm Thursday evening and 11 am Friday morning. And that's with tons of people staying home!!! I was even hesitant to go out Saturday to take Colin to the vet... not because of the weather or road conditions... but because I knew the freeways would be crazier than they are most weekends. *S* But we made it... once I moved my bed so I could dig Colin out from  under it! LOL He could definitely sympathize with the needles you've had stuck in you! *G*

But... I hope the suffering you both endure from the needles ultimately leads to your good health... I love and need you both. *S*

And Kate. LOL I can't leave her out of a conversation... she'd never forgive me! *G*

Big hugs to you, sweet lady!!!

And big hugs to you, Diana... I'm sorry about your difficulties getting online. Thank you for doing all you do!!!

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
156 posted 2011-02-07 02:36 PM

Linda dear, I'm finding this thread so heart warming.  Not only do we get to give you some lovin feelin, but we also hear about the doings of other poet friends.  It's nice to hear their other voices...their letter voices as well as poetic voice. So, I want you to know you have brought something new here to the blue pages family.  In fact, I think it would be a good idea to have a forum that just speaks of what's up, all of the time.  But...I would rather it be because you are feeling well and can join in from your own computer, at home.  xoxoxo
Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
157 posted 2011-02-07 03:40 PM

Linda,

I don't say much on pip anymore but I do read and have been keeping up with your health. Please do continue getting better.

Much love,
Susan

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
158 posted 2011-02-07 11:12 PM

Shannon, Linda....

My thoughts and prayers continue to surround you with light, and love.

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
159 posted 2011-02-07 11:53 PM

Sorry Linda and Pipsters who responded - I am 10 hours late because of no Internet connection last night, but have now - apparently I am in the queue for a technician.

Will be sending now.

Owl

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
160 posted 2011-02-08 10:50 PM

Prayer continues for your peace. I'm just home from the hospital myself. Pneumonia.  Im ot fully over it but on another 5 days of antibiodics, then we'll see.

You're contending with so many issues.  I do wish I had some cure all advice but the best I can do is to prepare for healng. God knows we need your sweet spirt on our blue pages.

Good night and God bless!  
'

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
161 posted 2011-02-08 11:26 PM

Darling friend ~

I have loved our talks.
You are the woman in the story ...
Courageous and compassionate.

Love
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
162 posted 2011-02-08 11:50 PM

Sent up to here.  Thanks all.  I know Linda is loving the love and light and chatty news that you are all sending.  The sustained outpouring shows both how much Linda is loved and how loving Pipsters are.  Thanks Linda and thanks Pipsters.  I think there has only been one day with no new messages (after message 143, I think).  

Owl

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
163 posted 2011-02-09 09:01 PM

dear Linda Angel,

It was a joy to listen to your voice tonight. thank you.
and thank you too dear Diana for all you have done to keep us in touch with our angel.

love to you both

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
164 posted 2011-02-10 06:03 AM

Dear Linda,

Maybe one more good wish is all it takes to tip the scales so I'm adding mine.  I do hope it does the trick so you can hop back into Pip soon.

Hugs
Helen

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
165 posted 2011-02-10 03:09 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
166 posted 2011-02-12 11:43 PM

Hello girlfriend of mine,

I am knee walking tired tonight
and will write tomorrow.

I love you lots.
A

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
167 posted 2011-02-13 04:03 AM

Sent up to here.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
168 posted 2011-02-13 04:12 PM

Dear Linder Lou,

Hey, Sweetie, it's a beautiful, sunny day and I am thinking of you.  Okay, you would think that sunshine would make the day warm, huh.  Well, nope - it's -40 F below 0.  I am officially and totally sick of winter.  Yep, it's beautiful - but I have quit my job as the Pollyanna of winter.  It sucks.  Totally and truly sucks.

I am looking forward to summer and taking my dogs to the pond.  I found this pond that used to be a popular place, but it's now out of style.  How the heck can a pond be out of style?  Beats me.  It's a beautiful spot that is not frequented much - and it's a place that my dogs can run around and play.  My Abby loves the water - and my Stuart pretends that he is not afraid of water.  He doesn't fool us girls though.  

So summer will be welcomed by me and my pals!

I have loved our conversations this last week.  It's been wonderful to hear your voice and your laughter.  It's easy talking to you - like we have been friends forever.  Maybe we have, ya know.  I'll call again this week so you can update me - and make me laugh.  Love that part of you.

I am having a lazy day and need to head to the bath tub soon.  I have a date with a bubble bath. Okay, I get the water just right, get my book, get in and then within five minutes I am humming restlessly and ready to get out.  How was that for a run-on sentence?  Pretty good, huh.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  I used to love Valentine's day when I was little.  I loved sending out the cards and picking the best ones for my friends.  It was fun to look over the VD loot when I got home - I loved those little cards.  Maybe I should buy some on my way to work tomorrow and drop them off on people's dasks throughout the day.  I think I will.

Well, girly, I love you lots and will write again later.  xoxoxoxo

<3,<3,<3 (Valentines for you).
Ali

PS - Red for Valentine's Day too!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
169 posted 2011-02-13 04:52 PM

Sent up to here.  

Owl

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
170 posted 2011-02-14 07:53 AM

Good morning, Linda!  

In Southern Ohio, the snow has melted and the sun is shining once again, bringing sunny thoughts of you.  I just wanted to drop in to let you know I'm thinking up you and wishing you a happy Valentine's Day.  

luv ya,
             miscee  

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
171 posted 2011-02-14 01:25 PM

Hello Luv!  Wishing you a very healthy heart this Valentines Day;  you already have one of the most beautiful hearts that I know.  

It's a gray misty day here on the Southern Oregon coast, and I had hoped the sunshine would last through today.  We always get two weeks of sunshine in February, and then the rain returns for a while... Sometimes until the end of May.  

I don't have any special plans for today, except to tell you how often you are in my thoughts and with LOVE!  I am keeping tabs.

Big Hugs, Sissy. I know you are lighting the place up...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Klassy Lassy

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
172 posted 2011-02-14 01:32 PM

windy but at least the sun is shining again~~ hope you are  healing and finding Valentine's Day a happy one!

M

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
173 posted 2011-02-14 02:18 PM

Happy Valentine's Day dearest Linda.  I just know you will have MADE it a wonderful day for everyone you will have seen or spoken to today.  

Lots of love and light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Diana, Benji-woofs and Cleo-purrs on Earth and Flicka-whinnies, Tigger-purrs and Daisy-woofs in Heaven

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
174 posted 2011-02-14 02:23 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
175 posted 2011-02-14 05:54 PM

Happy Valentine's Day, sweet lady!! I've tried to call you several times over the past few days... I'm guessing you're out trying to catch that cute doctor I asked for and I really DO appreciate all your efforts. LOL But please don't overdo things on my account. *G* After all, I've got Colin... and he's the cutest guy imaginable... and doesn't even leave dirty clothes lying around. *G* I don't need to be greedy! LOL

Kate and Colin and I hope you're getting better every day... Big hugs to you!!!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
176 posted 2011-02-14 06:41 PM

Sending love and best wishes and thoughts of the devils food fudge chocolate covered cherry mini-cakes I baked for Hospice...I know you don't "need" one, but I thought you'd like to think of it.

Love, K

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
177 posted 2011-02-15 11:40 PM

WOWWWEEE!  YIPPPEEEE!  HIP, HIP, HOORAY!  Wonderful, twoderful, threederful news!  Pipsters are going to have a happy, smiley day today!  Linda is coming home on Friday!

Here is Shannon’s email:

Diana,

Good news! Mom is set to come home this Friday! Yay!!! Mom wanted me to thank you so very much for posting 'Om' for her. I'm sorry if you received my request several times over; I kept getting delivery failure messages, so I thought you hadn't received any of my emails - that is, until I saw the first responses to the poem! Lol

Big hugs,
Shannon

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
178 posted 2011-02-16 01:10 AM

Dearest Linda,

I am so happy and excited for you.  This is wonderful news!  I love you.

Alison

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
179 posted 2011-02-16 07:20 AM

Linda's going home....Linda's going home...

Wonderful news! Now, we all have to start saying a little prayer that soon she'll be enjoying her "arts" once again!

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
180 posted 2011-02-16 08:10 AM

An answer to prayers.... big smiles and happy tears here!!!
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
181 posted 2011-02-16 08:42 AM

My heart is very grateful for this comforting news! Linda dearest, you will fully bloom again in your sweet sweet home. I bet though the doctors, nurses and other patients will miss you and your optimistic sunny nature.
Keeping you always close to my heart and within my prayers.
Love you and send big hugs.
Margherita

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
182 posted 2011-02-16 09:10 AM

I think a big, resounding
Hallelujah is appropriate!
I am so so happy for you
Linda Angel!
and happy for the rest of us too!

Linda's going home! yay!

secondhanddreampoet
Member Ascendant
since 2006-11-07
Posts 6394
a 'Universalist' !
183 posted 2011-02-16 09:13 AM

grand-fine news indeed!!
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
184 posted 2011-02-16 09:15 AM

Great idea, Kate!  I think we should make it the Hallelujah Chorus because Linda is so special!

Owl

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
185 posted 2011-02-16 12:07 PM

I am so glad you are getting to go home Linda. I wish the very best for you.
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
186 posted 2011-02-16 01:11 PM

Such great news!!!  Thanks for letting us know Shannon and Diana.  Home is where the real healing happens...there, and in the heart.
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
187 posted 2011-02-16 04:00 PM

Sent today's happy messages up to here.

Owl

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
188 posted 2011-02-16 04:55 PM

such wonderful news to come home to

to you Linda and family

M

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
189 posted 2011-02-16 07:25 PM

Hooray, Yippee ... Linda is going home! You too must be so excited.

Love you my friend and I continue to pray for you and your health!

ooxx  Marti

Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

190 posted 2011-02-17 04:38 AM

Yayyyyy!!!!!!!

The best news I've heard in two forevers!!

So, so happy for you Linda, and for your family too!!!

We all love you very much!!!

Richard ))

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
191 posted 2011-02-17 11:03 AM

Wonderful news indeed!  I'm so happy for you, Linda.  

Love
Helen

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
192 posted 2011-02-17 02:58 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
193 posted 2011-02-17 03:16 PM

Linda, dear friend ~

I am so excited that you are going home tomorrow.  It's about time, Missy.  Taking a break is just fne and dandy, but now I want you back at PiP!  See, I told you that it can only be about you for so long ... and then it is about me. I truly am happy for you.

Let's see.  -45 weather wrecked havoc on my pipes to my house.  It's the first time I have had a freeze-up, but they did freeze.  Poor me.  I am waiting for the Pumping-Thawing guys as I speak.  Boy that does sound suggestive, huh.  We all could use a "pump & thaw" sometimes.  I'll let you know how it all works out and if I am more relaxed when they leave.

Maybe I should send them your way and they can help you on your way to recovery.

Well, I hear a truck .. Yay!  I am soooo excited.  I'll be able to shower again .. and no, I do not smell.  Honest.

Love you lots,
A

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
194 posted 2011-02-17 03:29 PM

Just HAD to send the above one tonight too - in honour of Tomorrow!

Owl

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
195 posted 2011-02-17 03:45 PM

Cover your ears, friends... suthern's about to sing! LOL

The sun'll come out TOMORROW
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be SUN!!!

Just thinkin' about TOMORROW
Days of fear, pain and sorrow
Now are DONE!!!

Tomorrow
Tomorrow
Linda's home
Tomorrow
It's only a day away!!!!!

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
196 posted 2011-02-17 03:59 PM

Psssst .. don't tell anyone, Linda, but I think that Ruth needs the Pumping & Thawing guys too!
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
197 posted 2011-02-18 01:23 PM

LOL... I do, indeed! *G*
Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
198 posted 2011-02-18 03:29 PM

I guess I can share.

A

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
199 posted 2011-02-19 05:48 AM

Giggles to the above!

Had no Internet connection last night.  (Blush, blush!  Great embarrassment - I have to unplug all my electrics and move everything from my bedroom (except the furniture) when I go out in case my darling puppy chews any of them and then put them all back again when I come back.  Each operation takes up to 20 minutes - and the important day of all days when I really wanted to join in the celebrations of Linda going home I had no Internet connection - it was as dead as a doornail.  I phoned Telkom 4 times - logged a fault, spoke to a supervisor - had the fault escalated - and asked the supervisor to get David Murphy to respond to my email and phone me - and what did I discover when I wanted to unplug it this morning before I went out - Oops, very oops and blush, very blush - I had brought the cable in, but left it under my bedside table and forgot to plug it in!)  

About to send now.  Sorry Linda and sorry Pipsters.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
200 posted 2011-02-19 02:15 PM

Diana,

Thank you so much for doing what you are doing.  You are the best, dahlink.

Love you.
A

Dear Linda ..

Are you home?  Is it good?  Are you writing?  Cleaning?  Doing laundry?  Baking bread?  Making a prom dress?  Feeding the masses?  Reading a book?  Painting a master piece?  

If not "yes" to all of the above, I want to know why not, Missy!

Yum ... baked bread.  I may have to just do that little thing.  [insert embarrasing moaning noises here]

Wait!  I got off-track again.  Let me start over ...

---

Dear Linda,

Are you home yet?  I do hope so because I think you will get better so much faster at a place you are comfortable being in ... and in a place that you love with people that you love.

All is well here. We got some snow.  Not the huge amounts that other places in the country have gotten.  See ... Alaskans are not snow gluttons.  We know our limits and try not to go over our capacity to deal with snow.  Other places are so ... grabby?  They want it all.  Not us.  We just like it to look pretty and hide all the junk that no one throw away (because, "Hey, I might need that old car someday!").  We aren't frugual - we just like to blow our money on important things like big screen tv's and snowmachines (snow mobiles in the rest of the US).  

I think I got off track again.

Anyway, I am hoping that you are relaxing and enjoying beng home again.  I think of you lots ... do you know that I type faster than my keys work?  I type a letter and it doesn't show up here - and that ding danged "o" keeps pushing itself into every word (I do hate a pushy "o"!).  Know what I mean?

Man, I keep doing this forgetting where I am going with this monologue I am creating.  I have this attention issue, you know.

Anyway, I finally got all my pipes thawed last night and am in the mood for celebration!  I am thinking chips, dip and drinks in front of my big-screen tv.  But that won't work.  When my pipes froze, I lost my Dish network thingy.  No tv - maybe becaus of the solar flares?  Who knows.  So, chips and dip in front of a big screen tv with no tv. Works for me.  I enjoy quiet.

Well, darlin', I hafta get ready to get to town and do Shopping Day with my Mom.  It's a Saturday ritual that I either love or hate.  Depends on our moods.  I think it is a love day - I might want to go watch her big screen tv with tv inside it.

I love you, sweet one.

xoxoxo
Alison

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
201 posted 2011-02-19 02:31 PM

I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more...the fact that Linda is home, or Alison's hilarious messages...

especially the ones about pumping something or other...

Let us know how you're doing in your own good time, sweetheart. And just know that we care!

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
202 posted 2011-02-19 03:08 PM

Linda!  

Home? Did I hear home!   Yippee yi yea and a toodley-doo!  I am soooo happy for you!  Again, I think about you often and send healing thoughts.   With the hundreds and hundreds of thoughts rushing toward you each minute, you may want to duck or something!  Ducks...now that's another story...

You know how I love the countrylife!   When I was little, a couple of ducks froze to the ice on the pond.   Well, what do you do with frozen ducks?  My parents decided to put them on the stove to warm them up and to bring them back to life, and sure enough, they did!   Now, had it been chickens warming on the stove, we'd probably eaten chicken soup to soothe our souls... but the ducks were released and lived daffily ever after.  Duck luck, if you ask me!

Speaking of foul, I saw the strangest thing in Kohl's Department Store asphalt parking lot the other day.   Right smack dab in the middle of it sets a determined goose.  I suspect that she has adopted the site as a maternity ward, as it is not uncommon for the geese to frequent the area in such places as the flower box by Kohl's main entrance.   (That one was a couple of years ago.   They taped the area off with yellow caution tape so that she could have her goslings in semi-peace   (Or is that semi-pieces?   The trucks do bat around those corners!   Oh forgive my bad humah!     The area remained taped for weeks until, the little guys hatched and left!  

With that, I wish you, Diana, Michael, Shannon a great week ahead.   Take care!

hugs,
cathy

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
203 posted 2011-02-19 03:25 PM

It's a pleasure, Alison.

Linda and Shannon, just adding my happy hugs to the above delights.  

I hope you are resting well, after the move, Linda.  

About to send now.  My Internet connection tonight is really awful (it’s plugged in tonight, though!), so I am sure it will take a while, but I think I will get it through.

More hugs (gentle ones), love, light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Diana

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
204 posted 2011-02-19 03:30 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
205 posted 2011-02-19 08:06 PM

Dear Holler Girl,

I had a great trip to town with my Mom.  Sometimes spending Saturdays with her makes me want to put myself in a straight-jacket and just lock myself up.  I am sure she feels the same way -- but, hey, this is my story.  If she wants to share secrets, she can write her own.  We went out for Thai food and I had this soup that I am addicted to - Kao Soi.  It's a spicy noodle soup and I like it with beef.  I am a beef girl - no chickens for me, thank you very much!  It was so dang good and they brought me this spicy chile sauce that one of the guys made - it was smokey and hot at the same time.  Soooo good.  I am drooling as I write.  I wish I could just snap my fingers and have that soup whenever I want it.  I guess I can if I want to drive down to get it, huh.

The snow is blowing off the trees.  When I was unloading the car I got a face (and chest) full.  Took me by surprise and I couldn't figure out what the heck happened.  That is the closest that you will get me to admit that I am not very bright.  It's awfully pretty when it snows - I love it because I don't have to go anywhere for a couple of days now.  AND I have water again.  Yay!  It's the simple things that make me smile -- like being clean.

I thought I'd have a lazy couple of days - thinking of watching movies.  You need to see the movie August Rush.  The music alone is incredible.  It's such a bautiful movie.  I can buy it for like $5.00.  I don't think it was popular, but it is a keeper for sure!  I have a couple of good books to read too.  Alaska has a really good mystery writer, Dana Stabenow.  I love her Kate Shugak series and bought the newest one.  It has a mixture of Alaska history mixed up with the fiction.  I think I am going to be enjoying it.  There's another author from Alaska, Sue Henry; I don't like her books as well as the K.S. books - but she has a character that races dogs in the Iditarod and there is always myster surrounding her.  They are fun, light books.

Soooo, did you get stuff done today?  Or are you just lying around recuperating?  It's okay to lie around, but you could bake me cookies.  I really like cookies.  Snickerdoodles are my very favorite if you are interested and inclined to maybe do a bit of baking.  I know you have been ill and all - but ... I reallylike cookies.  Just a thought.

I love you, girly.  Thinking of you lots.

xoxoxo
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
206 posted 2011-02-20 04:15 AM

I have some other friends who are sick too.  

Linda, I am sure you won't mind if I ask Alison if I could I please have 2 bottles of Alaskan Alison.  Though, not being a millionaire, I doubt that I could afford 1 bottle, but perhaps I could pay them off monthly?

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
207 posted 2011-02-20 03:25 PM

Hey Diana,

How much $$$ are you willing to pay.  It is said that everyone has their price.

xoxoxoxo
A

PS - I hope your other friends get well soon.

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
208 posted 2011-02-20 05:47 PM

Dear Linda,

Taking a moment from my frozen pipes - oh yes!  They froze again. And to think that some think that God does not have a sense of humor.  I not only believe that I am being tested; I also believe that I am being mocked.  However, I can take it [insert superwoman image].  I have heat on the pipes as we speak (or rather as I write) and gonna try to handle this one myself.  I can do this.  Yep - but I am whining every step of the way.  

So, aside from my tales of woe, how are you doing, beautiful one?  Are you resting and enjoying your homefront?  I think of you often and will call again when I can do more than curse the frozen pipe gods and kick at small children and animals.  I am gonna wear gum boots to do that.  What the heck are gum boots anyway?  Sound pretty tasty to me.

I think I am using you like a diary .. Dear Diary, Omg!  Like my pipes are frozen again!!!  Those pumping and thawing guys were not all that they advertised!  Isn't that just like a man!?!  Oh Diary, what am I to do?  My hair is a fright and ... If I don't get my bath today, I will smell!  Ewwwww!  Like I just can't handle stench!  Which is just one more reason there is no future between me and the Pumping and Thawing Guy!  Like he works on septic systems!  Ewwwww! gross!

Okay, Linda, I have vented enough.  I am off to wish upon a star, find a lucky wish bone, eat a 4-leaf clover.  Whatever it takes.  Frankly, m'dear, I just don't give a damn.

xoxoxo
A

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
209 posted 2011-02-20 08:38 PM

PS ... Linder Lou,

I did it!  I can now be known as the Pumping and Thawing Gal.  Well, I didn't pump, but  I sure as heck thawed.  All by myself -- TOWANDA (from Fried Green Tomatoes - if you haven't seen that movie, you just gotta!).

xooxo
A

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
210 posted 2011-02-20 09:43 PM

Home? Did I read HOME?  Wow, I know that feeling so well.  Wouldn't accept hospitalization for 3 days for pneumonia because my husband was just discharged the day they wanted me to go in.  I did relent and go 3 days later so IV antibiodics  administered could break it up.  I returned home still with pneumonia underestimating demands to follow.  Out in the cold for check-ups, still with diaorrea from the antibiodics, shopping, meals to make, laundry to do, etc.  
Try to rest as much as possible to let your body heal.  We're all anxious to get home.

God bless you and I pray your strength and stamina return fully.

Rae

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
211 posted 2011-02-21 01:02 AM

*just smiling

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
212 posted 2011-02-21 09:38 AM

Linda dear dear Angelo Terrestre, thinking of you and reaching out with a big hug. Imagining you in your beautiful surroundings, enjoying the recovery and your family and the time to express yourself as only you can on multiple artistic levels.
Love you,
Margherita

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
213 posted 2011-02-21 12:02 PM

Well, Alison, I am earning half a peanut a month currently (promises don't materialise!), so what about I pay you a quarter a peanut a month until I have paid in full?

Linda, I am picturing you having a deep-sleep daytime nap with a smile on your face, surrounded by your family and animals.  

Owl

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
214 posted 2011-02-21 01:28 PM

Dear Linda...did you know that today is Margherita's birthday?  Isn't it wonderful that she is thinking of you on such a special day in such a special way.  I am too.  
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
215 posted 2011-02-21 03:32 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
216 posted 2011-02-21 10:10 PM

LINDA sweet angel! I am so HAPPY to see that you are home. God bless you,you are a wonder. Take care and please know that I count you as a friend and have been thinking of you. Computer has been in for restructuring.  I have not had use of it for a week or more until tonight. Still can not bring up my e-mails but took a chance and I was able to get on to the internet. So this was the first place I tried. love to you. jo  
The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
217 posted 2011-02-22 12:00 PM

there's no place like home.
home is where the heart is.
home sweet home!

I am SO glad you are home Linda Angel!
hugs!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
218 posted 2011-02-22 12:23 PM

I'm home! Oh, what a lovely word ~ "home"! If it weren't for all of my pip sisters and brothers and Diana's constant vigil and sending to me via my daughter Shannon, all of your love, prayers, poems, personal stories, and healing thoughts, I might never have made it back home again! ~ at least my terrestial home!

My heart is overflowing with gratitude. My words are inadequate in expressing how truly thankful I am for all of your continued love and support.

Diana, you have been like a guardian angel to me. I love you as do so many of our fellow pipsters. Shannon sends her love to you as well an to the entire pip family of which she now feels a part. Gosh, I have been surrounded by real angels ABOVE and below.

I truly wish I had the strength to reply to each and every one of you for keeping my light alive with your love and faithful support. Please know, that I will be forever grateful.

And thanks to Martie for reminding me of my precious friend Margherita's birthday! "Happy Birthday, my dear Dolphina" ~ You are one of the finest poets and sweetest spirits I know!

Oh, and Alison ~ my lovable Lasky Girl ~ you crack me up with your wit and charm!

I would also like to express my appreciation for all of the phone calls, emails, and cards from around the world. Pip truly is a family that circles the globe. God bless each and every one of you!

Love & Continued Light...
Linda/Earth Angel/EA xo xo xo ...

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
219 posted 2011-02-22 12:32 PM

"love and continued light"....what wonderful words, Linda.  I am happy that your strength has returned enough to bring some of it to my heart this morning...love and light, I mean.  Take it slow and easy in the place where you know that you are loved by many. xoxxoxoxox
Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
220 posted 2011-02-22 12:50 PM

Linda,

I am known for being pretty sensivtive - but I don't sit and cry at the computer very often.  I am now.  I am so happy that you are home and I am so happy to read these words from you.  Never worry.  Shannon has been adopted by many of us - and you are forever part of my heart.

I love you, Linda Lou (aka Holler girl).

xooxxoo
Alison

Klassy Lassy
Member Elite
since 2005-06-28
Posts 2187
Oregon
221 posted 2011-02-22 03:15 PM

Hugs and Welcome Home!  I think a lot of us have tears with your words, "I'm Home!"  It is a sould song!   Love you. Love you. Love you!  

~Karen

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
222 posted 2011-02-22 04:16 PM

Oh, Linda! Like Alison, I sit here deeply moved with tears in my eyes out of love and gratitude for you. Thank you for your birthday wishes, they are stored within my heart. To know you are back home and recovering your good health is the best gift.

And thank you, dear, sweet Martie, your words really touched me to the core too!

And thank you, dear Diana too, for everything and for your birthday card which brought me much joy.

With such wonderful girls like you this world looks like such a good place to be ....

You are light bearers. THANK YOU!

My love to you and big hugs.
Margherita

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
223 posted 2011-02-23 10:51 AM

Add my happy tears *S*

I sure hope Ron has weather-proofed this forum... we're making it soggy! *S*

WELCOME HOME!

Those words seem so inadequate... but then... they say it all. *S*

Love you, sweet lady!!!

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
224 posted 2011-02-23 02:20 PM

Welcome home, dear Linda!  So lovely to see your message.  As you well know, we ALL wish you the very, very, best of everything!  I'm sure your experience hasn't been an easy one and maybe there will still be a few trials up ahead but rest assured that the thoughts and prayers for your well being will continue.

Lots of love
Helen  

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
225 posted 2011-02-23 03:59 PM

Linda,

Will write more in a bit .. my lines are FINALLY all thawed and cleared.  A week of hell and now I know more about plumbing than I ever wanted to know.  Off to run some errands, but I am thinking of you.

Love you, girly girl.
A

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
226 posted 2011-02-23 10:43 PM

Angel one, you, who  have  beem an angel to all of us, we are delighted to hear you are home. Do not worry about anything but getting your self well and bouncing again.

Love to you dear friend. jo

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
227 posted 2011-02-23 10:57 PM

Well, Linder Lou, I am back just like a bad penny!  How are you doing, sweet one?  Did you make me my bagels yet?  I like Rosemary bagels (just in case you feel inspired).  Seriously, I hope that you are doing better.  Please have Shannon send me a # and I'll call you.  Yay!  More Alison drivel over the phone!  Okay, admit it - you talk more than I do and I never thought I'd find anyone who talks more than me!  Maybe that is why I love you so much .. or one of the reasons!

Well, after what? [counts on my fingers] nine days of fighting frozen-clogged-frozen (did I mention frozen?) pipes, I am finally all thawed out.  This is where I put in a plug for Mr. Rooter (my second set of Pumping & Thawing guys -- nothing like a name like Mr. Rooter to make a lady blush!  Good thing I never claimed to be a lady, but let me tell you about his snake!)  Well, to make a long story short, he broke his snake in my pipe ( I am not kidding - laughing but not kidding) and he had to come back the next day to steam and thaw.  Anyway, three cheers for the Rooter guys - their number is in my little black book.

Oh and the two and half feet of snow?  Well, not much to midwest-east coast standards, I am sure - but I cleaned out my drive way with my little snow blower and am now known as the local Snow blower Queen (why does everything sound so suggestive?  It certainly is not in the way that I write it, is it?).  So .. well, I am not going any further with this thought or we will be reading this off the Adult board!

Oh and then the power went off on Sunday ... at that point, I just gave up and got out the tequila bottle.  Just stared at it lovingly because I was not sure if I would have to drive.  So, I made goo goo eyes at it and told it that it always has a place in my heart.  Then I put it away.  Okay, I admit it.  I did sniff it and I did inhale.  Hmmmm.

So, Linda my darling friend, I am exhausted mentally and physically worn out and so damn happy that I get to go back to work tomorrow!  I have been gone since my little pipe games started.  I actually miss being there.  

I love you lots - and ain't you glad that you asked how I am?  Oh wait!  You didn't did you.  I just needed to vent on you.

Ily,
A

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
228 posted 2011-02-24 10:12 PM

As I wrote in my last reply, it's great to be home again!
Oh, my! I have just been reading more of all of your wonderful replies, poems, 'letters', and personal stories. I feel as though I have gotten to know so much more about each one of you kind, loving, and talented pipsters! You make me so proud to be a part of this poetic family. I still need to conserve my energy at this time. There is more healing that is needed ~ but heal, I will! I'm brimming with hopefulness and faith!

Thank you again from the bottom of my healing heart!

Linda/EA/Earth Angel xo xo xo ...

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
229 posted 2011-02-25 01:05 AM

Dear Linda,

To read your message first thing in the morning has put me in such a wonderful frame of mind.  There's is so much to be grateful for in this topsy-turvy world of ours and today I am grateful for so many things not the least of which is the fine example you set for all of us here.  Hey, you're one "upbeat" lady, you know, and when I grow up ...  

Take it easy - nothing wrong with baby steps.  

Lots of love
Helen

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
230 posted 2011-02-25 12:08 PM

Sent up to here.  (Sending still, even though you can see them yourself now, to save you having to do so.)

Oh, what a happy day for me!  I have been 3 days (actually I think it must be 4 days) without an Internet connection and I came online today to find a REAL LIVE EMAIL FROM L–I-N-D-A!!!!! And then such a lovely message from her in Pip!  

If I can have Vodacom 3G reception here, I will be able to have a TELKOM-LESS life.  My service provider hasn’t yet tested whether I DO have reception here, nor phoned me to arrange for me to take on the contract.  If I do and when they do, it will take about 2 weeks from then, but AFTER THAT I should have no more connection problems except the very odd few that NORMAL people have!  Not that I am accusing myself of being normal – Heaven forbid!    Then I should be able to send messages every day with no problems.  

For now, I will just hope that my Telkom connection will last for as long as possible.  

Linda, it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lovely to have you back, but please don’t overdo things and REST as often as you need to (and more).  

Lots and lots of love and light and POWWWWWWWWWERPUNCH prayers
Owl

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
231 posted 2011-02-25 07:48 PM

WooHOO...I got a real email from Linda Loo too!...

And it's the best thing to happen to me ALL year!

It can only get better from this point! Linda, like I mentioned...watch that wall...it'll bite your butt before it falls on you, so don't push it.

'Cause if you do, we'll all sic our Guardian Angels on you!

Love...

Sunshine

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
232 posted 2011-02-25 10:08 PM

Dear Linder Lou-Lou,

See how we all love you.  Yep, we do too!  How are you feeling – are you resting and getting better?  

I started this in PiP and had a witty little letter going, but my power “blipped” and I lost it.  So now, I am writing and saving; writing and saving.  We are having winter in Alaska.   Lots of snow, wind, white-out conditions, drifts, trees falling, etc.  One of those trees fell across my driveway and took down a power line with it.  I am surprised that I have power.  The line is across my road and the tree is mildly on fire – not a raging inferno.  I don’t like it – I will admit that.  So I went to my neighbor’s house, parked there and walked the long way home.  Called the power company and suggested that fire in a windstorm is not a good combination.  But, as a good resourceful Alaskan, I am prepared.  Flashlights, headlamps, chocolates, Red Vines, trashy books and a People magazine.  A girl has to be ready at all times, right?

I should be bringing in wood instead of writing this to you – but you are my priority.  I’ll do the wood thing in a bit.  Know what really miffs me?  I just snow blowed my driveway the other day.  Remember?  Pumping, thawing, snow blowing?  And now?  The audacity of it all.  It’s all snowy again.  

Well, darlin’ dear, I love you; but do have to get cracking.  If nothing else, I am going to take my dogs out to play.  They are worried that I am going to discover that they got into the garbage in the garage (again).  Little do they know that I did discover it and decided to forgive them this time.  I normally don’t have it out for them to get – but … it’s been a hectic week.  So, I am closing one eye and whistling a happy tune when we walk passed where it was when I came home.

I love you lots.
A

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
233 posted 2011-02-25 11:43 PM

Yay!  No more burning bush, errrr .. tree!
The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
234 posted 2011-02-26 01:30 AM

yay Linda Angel! it's SO good to read your words! you make me smile just by being you!
love and more love!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
235 posted 2011-02-26 01:27 PM

Sending up to here.

Dearest Linda

As I said, I am still sending you your messages – well, yes, it IS partly to save you the time, but also because I would miss sending them if I didn’t, so please bear with me.  

Yesterday, when I came home, I found that my copper water pipes had been stolen – quite a common occurrence here, though we are getting the level of crime down as low as we can in our area, using various community measures.  So there was water spurting out all over the place and had been for about 4 hours and a visit from the plumber and a high water bill to pay next month and a plumber’s bill to pay and ugly polycorp pipes to see.  However, in comparison with what Alison has been going through it has been a ride on the merrygoround.  

I feel so guilty about saying in response to her poem called O of C (Out of Control) Wind, that I was glad she had the wind otherwise we wouldn’t have had the poem – I knew she had the frozen pipe problem, but didn’t realise quite how bad the wind was until I came in here and read that she did the Moses thing with the burning bush/tree and all the rest of her troubles.  Also didn't realise the frozen pipe thing went on so terribly long.  What a schlep.  So sorry, Alison, I am trying to wish you didn’t have cause to write that poem – I have found the solution – I will wish that you wrote it from your imagination.  Am I forgiven, Alison?

So far so good with the Internet connection.  I am holding my ears and crossing my elbows that it stays that way until I have 3G (IF I have reception here).  That poem I told you I am pregnant with (Life After Telkom), will only be born after at least a week or a month of having 3G, just to be on the safe side.  

Lots and lots of love and light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
236 posted 2011-02-26 02:10 PM

Hey Dianna (and Linda too - see you are better so you have been reduced to an aside ) ...

The wind is still trying to howl, but it is weakening.  I live in the part of Alaska that is known for extreme cold in winters.  The trade-off is we are not supposed to have wind and high humidity in the winter.  That's a law (I think it was burned up by the burning bush!).  Interior Alaska is a winter desert - normally very dry and normally with very still air. Wind and humidity is associated with the coastal part of Alaska and the interior is cold, still, dry.

Ha!  I say.  Heck, I'll say it again.  Ha!

First, my pipe issue.  It normally would not take so long, but my freezing came on after a bout of -45 degree below 0 (F) weather.  So others had similar problems.  Then the problem had to be diagnose.  First, it was assumed it was a septic issue with frozen pipes.  Then it was diagnosed as simply frozen pipes.  After thawing them twice (once myself - I learned how to use the big heaters and find the clean-out valves), it was discovered that part of the pipe was clogged and frozen.  All this discovery took days - and then we got three feet of snow, which delayed getting help to my house.  I had to blow out my drive-way.  I live out of town and it can be dicey getting to my place when conditions are bad.  So that's my plumbing story and it has a happy ending.  Things work, flush and drain as they are supposed to.

The wind was like a freak thing coming down from the Northwestern coastal areas in the state.  It drifted all the new fallen snow.  Took out some trees, one of which was mine.  And areas had no electricity.  It's all minor compared to other areas of the country which have a huge population.  Things like this can cripple or more urban area - here .. it's rural, and we are all okay.

I love you for caring as you do.

xoxoxo
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
237 posted 2011-02-27 05:07 PM

Sending up to here.

Dear Alison (and Linda! Ditto what Alison said!  But I know you understand what she and now I am saying – huuuuuge hugs to you Linda), how can I help but care about somebody as lovely as you!  But thanks for the thanks anyway!  I love you, too, for being who you are.  I am glad it is all sorted out, but it must have been awful at the time – frustration, fear, discomfort, cold, inconvenience, et al, et al, et al.  I am very glad to hear that the wind is not a usual occurrence.  I had never thought of anywhere having high humidity in winter – but it makes sense, if one thinks about it – here humidity is a problem in summer and people can faint, etc, if they don’t drink  enough liquids.  

One of the 2 pipes the plumber put in (badly) in several ways, in place of the pipes that were stolen on Friday, are leaking in two places.  I phoned him and he said he would come out to fix them and didn’t.  Fortunately the two places are just dripping – not pouring, but he didn’t even ask how badly, so he doesn’t know that.  His work and reliability and professionalism have fallen far short of the mark.  I certainly won’t call him out again after he has fixed the 2 leaks.

Linda, I hope you are resting, then resting and then resting after that.  Let everyone do what they can do for you – they WANT to, so LET them.  That way, you will recover sooner, which is a favour you can do ALL OF US!!!

Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
238 posted 2011-03-01 02:22 PM

Sending up to here

Dear Linda

I hope you are doing as you promised and resting well.

As if copper pipe theft and water spurting all over the place on both Friday and Monday, wasn’t enough, today I had an intruder on my property who must have climbed over a sheer 6 foot metal palisade fence with very sharp point on the top!  My little hero, Benji, barked to tell me the intruder was there and I spoke to the intruder through the window and then phoned my security company to send out a reaction officer, and I went back to the (heavily burglar-guarded) window intending to keep him talking until the reaction officer arrived, but he had hot-footed it all the way across the garden and over the 6 foot fence and was walking down the road and when he got to the corner he turned into it and ran towards the railway line.  I phoned my son and he parked across the road and followed him at a distance having organised for backup from a fellow off-duty police reservist and the police, but the backup arrived too late and the intruder got away.  

Oh, well, at least one can say my life is not boring, but boring sounds great to me!

I hope all is going well in Alaska for Alison.  I’ll take my intruders any day before your weather and frozen pipes and burning tree!  

Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
239 posted 2011-03-01 02:47 PM

Thank you all for the warm "Welcome Home"! I seem to have been over-doing it a tad. I'm such an eager beaver and find it difficult to lie low for long.
It grieves me to read of all the illnesses and misadventures some of you have had. You are real troopers in getting past them. Diana and Alison certainly have had more than their fair share of them. Alison, did you receive my email? I know that Diana did.
I may not be replying as often as I once did, but slowly but surely I hope I can get back up to speed. I am fighting battles on several fronts and they tend to tucker me out. I need some new, fresh spring energy to spruce up my aura!

Love to you all,
Linda xo

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
240 posted 2011-03-02 11:40 AM

Welcome Home Linda! I am so glad that you are doing good enough to be home. May God Bless You and heal you soon
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
241 posted 2011-03-02 02:28 PM

Dearest Linda

WHAT are you doing answering here when you are supposed to be RESTING??  Smiles, but please rest.  We love to hear from you, but right now is not a good time.  You need to get over the current hump first.  

As though copper water pipe theft on both Friday and Monday wasn't enough, I had an intruder here on Tuesday as well!  He climbed over a 6 foot palisade fence with very strong sharp spikes at the top of each metal post.  My little hero, Benji-dog alerted me to him, and while I was calling my security company to send somebody out, he hot-footed it all the way across the garden and over the fence again.  I called my son and he flew out here and followed him, keeping him in sight, phoning for backup from the police and a fellow reservist, but although the backup was quick, they weren't quite quick enough and they lost him.  Today the finger print policewoman was here and got some finger prints, so if the backup had arrived earlier, the intruder could have been proved to be the copper thief!  Well, it was nearly.  

As though that wasn't enough, I had a day from hell today - but no more intruders!  Anyway, it is nice to be in here tonight where nothing is going wrong.  I am going to get an early night tonight and perhaps I will try getting up on the other side of the bed tomorrow!  Smiles.

Now, Linda, you rest!  

Love and light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Owl

Sending up to here.

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
242 posted 2011-03-03 01:26 PM

quote:
I need some new, fresh spring energy to spruce up my aura!

You, dear Linda Angel, you ARE Spring personified. Yes, I understand it must be frustrating for you to obey the orders of those who want you to lie down, but listen to them ... and also to your body, those "communications" are the best.

Thank you so much for the light and love you spread. I feel it permeating me all the time.

Much love and hugs.
Margherita - dolphina

Best wishes to the "water-resistant ladies"

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
243 posted 2011-03-03 07:38 PM

Sent up to here.

Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
244 posted 2011-03-04 02:09 PM

Dearest Linda

With the posting of your beautiful poem today, I give up my privilege of sending these messages to you daily - with sadness because I have loved doing it - but simultaneously with great joy because you are doing so well.  

So, welcome back to the fold where you belong and where you have been missed so much by everyone.  

Silly old me - you won't believe this, but the silly old goat that I am, I have tears running down my cheeks, at this being the last message in this thread - but at the very same time I am laughing sheepishly (have always been partial to sheep and all other animals - as though you didn't know!) at myself!

However, I know you have a long road to go still, so I will console myself with my POWERPUNCH prayers for you every day!  Smiles.

A very silly owl

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
245 posted 2011-03-05 01:01 AM

smiling big and bright*
Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
246 posted 2011-03-05 01:51 AM

Nope, not gonna be the last message - I still have stuff to say.  Thought I had my pipe issues solved, but I don't.  So, I might be a bit quiet as I am sulking at the moment.  And I am contemplating moving to a warmer climate ... Like SA to move in with Owl.  I am off to bed, will write some tomorrow and catch up.  Just know that I am thinking of you, Linda and you, Diana.

You both are beautiful women.

xoxoxo
A

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
247 posted 2011-03-05 12:30 PM

(((((((((Alison)))))))) stay warm and serene.  

Hugs to dear Linda and dear Diana too.

Love,
Margherita

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
248 posted 2011-03-05 04:38 PM

Today, my dear, I woke at 5:30...but it felt like 6:30. As it was Saturday here, I allowed myself a little extra rest...but got up at 6:00 which felt like 7:00.

In other words, your "spring" is coming sooner than you might think, being that it truly will spring forward next weekend! And with that, my friend, you will receive your source of light and energy very soon indeed, if not even now!

But I do indeed know "those walls" that we can hit, so please continue to take care, and indulge yourself a little bit in those friends who want to care for you, for I know they are many in number, and you must allow them their moment to help!

Sending loving hugs [p.s., send your real number to my email...we need to talk!]

The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
249 posted 2011-03-05 05:29 PM

dear eager beaver

I agree with Karilea!
winter does not last forever
it only seems that way
soon spring will peek round your corner

int the meantime, take care of you
for those of us who care about you!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
250 posted 2011-03-05 06:14 PM

Giggles, Alison – I am so glad that mine wasn’t the last message and that we are still visiting with Linda, but not in a hospital any more, but her own dear home.  Alison, I am so sorry your pipe story isn’t over – especially in that freezing weather!  

Benji, came running to see what was wrong (or rather, right!) when he heard my squeals of delight at the thought (no matter how imaginary) of your coming to live in South Africa (for a change of water pipe history!) with us.  

Thanks for the lovely things you said about Linda and me!  You are pure gold, yourself – or rather, better than gold, a mountain stream!

Thank you, Margherita, for your kind words too.

Linda, please listen to Karilea and Kate and all of us and your family and rest more than YOU think you need to – that way you will recover sooner!  I keep wanting to pinch myself to see if it is real that you are back in Pip!

Love and light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
251 posted 2011-03-06 08:35 AM

This thread that Dear Diana started ~ and maintained!! ~ has been like a life line for me during my 2 months in hospital. Over the years I have joined a few other poetry sites just to get a feel for them and I always come back to PiP. It's like coming home. Actually, I've never left his home ~ for home is where the heart is and this circle of friends is where mon coeur lives. Thank you all for sharing so much of yourselves and it has been wonderful to get to know you all better! ~ and to know you, is to love you! Responding to each one of you individually whether it be to your comments, your emails, your phone calls, poems, stories, cards etc. is somewhat overwhelming for me. But please know this, that every blessed mot by every blessed friend poet, has meant the world to me. Yes, my caring friends, I'm not out of the proverbial woods yet, but I know that I am headed in the right direction.

God bless you all!
Love & Poet Light,
Linda xo...

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
252 posted 2011-03-06 10:43 AM

You share so much love all the time, dearest Linda, that it is only natural to wrap you in love too.

It really fills me with deep gratitude that you are "headed in the right direction!", YES!

Love and blessings, sweet friend.

Margherita

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
253 posted 2011-03-06 01:19 PM

Dear Linda,  It's so good to see you checking in here and to know that you are heading in the right direction.  Fight the good fight as you have done up to now and your two months in hospital will become a long lost memory.  

Thank you for your comment on my poem about the feather.  Yes, we are believers!  I didn't thank you there because it was so far down the page when I saw it but I was certainly delighted to see it.

I'm also presently battling some difficulties but like you I aim to ... hang in there and overcome!  Look after yourself!

Lots of love
Helen

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
254 posted 2011-03-07 10:29 PM

sweet angel, good to see you here. Take care of you.We are all here whenever you want to chat.love to you,jo
The Lady
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-12-26
Posts 7634
The Southwest
255 posted 2011-03-11 02:20 PM

dear Angel, now that you are headed
in the right direction, keep going.
you know the way better than the
rest of us!

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
256 posted 2011-04-09 03:19 PM

Linder Lou
I am missing you
What am I supposed to do
Without my loverly Linder Lou?

xoxoxo
AliSUN

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
257 posted 2011-04-09 09:07 PM

So, my dear, I'll question here...
to be with Alison, such a friend...
we know you're healing, and that you're dealing
but just to what such end?

Please give a clue,
as we all know you...
quiet, you are not!

Allow a nod,
a peaceful bob...
and tell us that you
are on the job!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
258 posted 2011-04-11 10:50 AM

Hello, my friends and fellow poets!
As one of my earlier poems indicated, "Earth Life Ain't Easy"
While dealing with the physical maladies that prevail, I've been hit in the solar plexus by a plethora of assaults on my emotions. In many ways, they're even more difficult to contend with ~ but contend, I will. Hopefully in time, "contend" will ease into a state of content. In the meantime, I'm chilling, healing, 'going within', and praying with all my might that everything turns out for everyone's Highest & Best! .
Nosireebob! Earth Life Ain't Easy! ~ but it certainly does have it's moments of bliss, joy, and love ~ which is what I wish for all of you dear souls!
It's spring and the sap is rising in the trees ~ as it is within me. I'll be alright! After all, as one of my nicknames would suggest, I'm an "Unsinkable Molly Brown".

Sending lots of Love & Light,
Linda/EA

sewasham
since 2006-09-11
Posts 714
Oklahoma, USA
259 posted 2011-04-11 03:44 PM

Wow, I pop in here after a time away and find out our Earth Angel has been ill. This simply will not do Ms. Dowd, you know we can't do without you. I better not catch you pullin' this again.

All jokes aside I am glad to hear you are feelin' better, you know I luvs ya.

Take care. Steve

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
260 posted 2011-04-11 07:33 PM

Sending great warm hugs...

do I need to call you and set things straight?

LOL...I can DO that!

love,

K

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
261 posted 2011-04-15 05:22 PM

I do hope with all of my heart that life may get easier for you, beloved Linda! Spring is the time of renewal and rebirth, may Universal energy bring you all the healing and joy you deserve.

Thank you for your wishes, just know that you are in my thoughts and within my heart, always, while waiting for you to come back here.

Love and hugs and divine blessings, my friend.
Margherita

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
262 posted 2011-04-15 07:23 PM

xoxxo
to our Linda.

You are loved.
Alison

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
263 posted 2011-04-16 02:02 AM

Linda, you jolly well better stay the Unsinkable Molly Brown!  The tears are coursing down my face with joy and gratitude at everyone's love for you, and of course my tears are tinged with a lot of scary concern.  

It seems that since last night, after 7 days of Hell and expense and non-Internet-connection with my new wireless 3-G connection that my connection problems are over.  I hope I am not talking too soon, but everyone assures me that I am not.  Now, after years of problems with my previous ADSL connection, especially in the last few months, I can get in here - and even type my replies directly into the "Your Reply" box - even long ones!!! without getting disconnected several times!!!), I am able to move about and get in here too.  

Don't worry about us worrying - don't come in more often than you are able to - you know the song I sing for you always - it is more important that you REST, REST AND REST AGAIN!

If you just post a poem, new or old, from time to time (without a picture and voice-recording in the new ones if that takes too much out of you), we will understand.  We will also understand if you don't reply to our replies or to our poems - we KNOW you want to and that is more than enough - we just need you to REST, REST AND REST AGAIN!

Lots and lots of love and light and POWERPUNCH prayers
Owl

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
264 posted 2011-04-16 06:20 AM

Just sending the link to the wonderful poem you mentioned above, dear Linda, so that others may enjoy it again too.

Be well!
/main/forumdisplay.cgi?action=displayarchive&number=92&topic=000170

Love you,
Margherita

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
265 posted 2011-06-10 08:55 AM

Yesterday I have called you, dearest Linda, as I longed to hear your voice. It was both joy and pain when talking to you. Joy for the mere gratefulness for our connection, pain for the fact that you have still to fight some serious health issues. How I wish you were well, how I wish you could be the Linda who kept this site going, making everybody happy with your presence, with your wonderful and brilliant poetry and your uniquely spirited and loving comments and replies.
I am sorry I probably didn't find the right words to express my love and my deep appreciation, but whatever I said came from the heart, where you reside permanently.
How I wish I could hug you in person.
Meanwhile here are my virtual hugs, but still they are full of loving vibrations.
May Our Heavenly Father grant you the miracle of healing and the gift of recovering enough strength to enjoy life again.
I love you.
Margherita

"Love is the One who masters all things;
I am mastered totally by Love."
(Rumi)

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
266 posted 2011-06-10 08:03 PM

Thank you, dear Margherita, for posting this here, to share with us your call to our dear Earth Angel.  

Dear Linda, as you know, you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers too.  

Love to Margherita, Linda and Shannon.

Owl

Alison
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
267 posted 2011-07-28 11:20 AM

I miss you lots and lots and think about you so danged much.  

Love you, girly girl.

xoxoxo
Alison

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
268 posted 2011-07-28 12:45 PM

I do, too. *S* I've been thinking about you a lot lately... hope you feel the love and hopes for healing (cuz I sure haven't done anything about getting them delivered directly to you. *G*)
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
269 posted 2011-08-19 12:36 PM

I truly apologize for my absence and not responding sooner to these heartfelt and truly appreciated replies. The doctors couldn't hold off any longer putting me on dialysis. My heart has not been strong enough but it got to the point where I was damned if they did and damned if they didn't. Both my heart and my kidneys were failing. Fortunately, my heart is holding up to the rigors of renal dialysis. It's exhausting but I have noticed some improvements.

God bless you all,
Love,
Linda/EA xo

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
270 posted 2011-08-19 01:12 AM

I am so glad you are feeling even a little better.  I realize what you are going through is sure not any fun, but being a Canuck you will see this through and come out of it all with flying colors.  Stay strong and positive, and know you have friends praying for you at your home here away from home. Take care.
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
271 posted 2011-08-19 04:57 AM

Oh, Linda Angelo Terrestre, can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your words here, even if the situation is still so serious, but you are here, speaking to us and this is such a gift.
May God and the Angels accompany you through this tough time and fill you with the necessary energy to ENJOY LIFE and to BE WITH US!
I feel so very grateful within my heart for your presence here. THANK YOU!
I love you with all of my heart.
Margherita

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
272 posted 2011-08-19 10:47 AM

Oh, dearest Linda, the tears are rolling down my cheeks as a result of very mixed emotions.  I am flooded with light and love so happy am I to hear from you again, yet aching for the suffering you are going through, though with such determination and strength.  I am glad there are some improvements, even though the dialysis takes such a toll on you.  I hadn't yet received an email notification of your reply in this thread, but our very dear friend Margherita so kindly alerted me to your reply for which I am very grateful as you can imagine.

As I tell you in my forbidden-to-reply-to-so-you-can-rest emails to you and Shannon, my prayers for you are still POWERPUNCH ones, and I thank God for letting you know how loved you are by just about everybody on the planet!  

Love and very, very gentle hugs and prayers for as many miracles and as much comfort and improvement as possible, dearest Linda

Owl

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
273 posted 2011-08-19 07:28 PM

Linda darling, I m so sorry. I am praying for you and wish you the very best of health. The angels will come and surround you and take care of you.

I am so sad about what is happening to you; my beautiful and talented 'soul sister.' Hang in there and know I am with you in spirit.

Love you, Marti

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

274 posted 2011-08-29 11:46 AM

Linda, I am sending love and hugs and hope that your feeling much better...please know, your in my thoughts and prayers....

Lee J.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
275 posted 2011-08-29 01:49 PM

Sending lots of love, and deep emotional hugs, Linda. You're such a trooper!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Linda (Earth Angel) needs all the prayers you can spare

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary