navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Best Mayor! For my Canadian Friends
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Best Mayor! For my Canadian Friends Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest

0 posted 2010-09-07 12:11 PM

She is just fabulous ...

This is an 88 year old Mayor of the sixth
largest city in CANADA.

She plays ice hockey (watch her
skate!). And her city has NO DEBT

(Plus 700 million dollars in reserve funds) !!!

It is absolutely amazing!
Click on the link below! (watch it all .. hilarious!)

You have got to watch this.
http://www.wimp.com/bestmayor/

© Copyright 2010 Misty Lilacs - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2010-09-07 12:54 PM

Thanks Marti

Yup our Hurricane Hazel is a force to be reckoned with and for 32 years she has ruled that city.  She is funny, capable, and is always campaigning.  However, I have to agree with the Toronto Sun (below) that just because you have worn a crown for 32 years as mayor doesn't mean you are the best for that job in the future.  Sad to say, I think Hazel's days are numbered.  She is respected and will always hold the honor of having been Mayor this long and putting her city on the map, but sometimes it is just time, you know?  They need a serious make-over as far as transportation is concerned. She sound really step down, and be a consultant to the city.  

I think I will be just like her actually, what the heck would I do with time on my hands?    

Toronto Sun

I will send this to Kit, as she lives close to there, and see what she thinks?    

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
2 posted 2010-09-07 08:18 PM

My dear Marti, what a treat to see you here ~ and to watch that video on our Hurricane Hazel! I adore that woman and have met her  numerous of times and at special functions and gatherings. She was my mayor for over twenty years until I moved but even now I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away and I still "run" into her! ~ Unlike that truck a while back! My word, she's resilient!  

God bless you! ~ and her!

Love you!
Linda xo

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
3 posted 2010-09-07 08:24 PM

Sharon and Linda, I loved the video and I loved her. She is totally amazing whether her time is up or not. To have a debt free city and $700 million in reserve in this day and age is totally incredible.

Linda, I am so glad to see you back here!

ooxx  Marti

"I am using this cane as a fashion statement. It's the newest trend in accessories."

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2010-09-07 11:55 PM

Terrific .I have seen her before but this was so refreshiing  after reading all the political squabbles. Thanks for posting it latarival
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
5 posted 2010-09-08 09:33 PM

OMG, she's amazing! Can't she come over here and kick some asses in my country? I know of one who could use some spanking, he's blond and dangerous.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Misty Lilacs
since 2005-11-15
Posts 1060
White Birch Forest
6 posted 2010-09-09 10:10 AM

latearrival and Titia, she does seem amazing and wish some of her would rub off on American politicians!

ooxx  Marti

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Best Mayor! For my Canadian Friends

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary