navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Publish America SCAM
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Publish America SCAM Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced

0 posted 2010-09-06 05:24 PM

DO NOT BE TAKEN IN BY PUBLISH AMERICA

http://www.bbb.org/greater-maryland/business-reviews/publishers-book/publish-america-llp-in-frederick-md-32010985

I sure was and now I'm filing a lawsuit. They are thieves!

© Copyright 2010 Dixie Lee Bullington - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2010-09-06 07:42 PM

What did they steal?
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2010-09-06 08:11 PM

Yes, please, what happened? I never had one problem.
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2010-09-07 04:27 AM

after 3 reports now, they are saying that I have not sold one book. The amazon sales ranking says different and I really don't know how many have been sold but i know the ones I've had sent to me to sign.

They are basically saying "prove it" and I sure don't know why I have to.

Plus, the book looks shoddy. The cover has a thick white strip across the top, the pages have about an inch and a half margin at the top and they refuse to fix it.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2010-09-07 11:30 AM

I know that they send out residuals bi-annually. I never had any difficulty working with them throughout the entire process. I had opted to have them edit it, so of course, it took a bit longer to go through that process.

I'm really sorry that you are experiencing problems, Dixie. Perhaps someone from Amazon can tell you how many books have passed through their hands?

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
5 posted 2010-09-07 09:02 PM

they have a big fat F rating for a reason. I was told to get out of my contract, I'd have to buy $1000 worth of my own books to "offset" their cost they put into publishing my book. So how can CreateSpace publish a book and charge a mere $2.95 or so depending on the number of pages and if there are pictures in it or not for a book and still make money?

At one of my book signings, (one initially set up by PA but I took over when the owner of the bookstore called and said she could not afford the $3.99 per book shipping) I told her I can ship the books for a flat rate of $7.95 for all 25 books of my own which she would only have to pay my cost for ....a new author of PA who has no further education than a 2nd grader came to see me at my signing in Heber Springs, to ask me if I thought PA was real or fake. I also had words with people outside that said PA is a scam and they got taken in also.

Now speaking with her by email and phone, I realize she has no grammar sense beyond maybe 3rd grade but PA took her in. What an insult to those of us that can put together a rational sentence!

The United States Post Office does not charge that much for media mail so PA charging $4 per book is a scam in itself.

I have found a much better deal with honest folks like CreateSpace and I can design my book where it actually looks decent instead of having a two inch blank spot at the top of pages and a cover art that i didn't not approve of.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
6 posted 2010-09-07 09:04 PM

and CreateSpace pays me for what books I have sold

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Publish America SCAM

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary