navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Getting Published
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Getting Published Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2010-06-13 09:33 PM

Just got off the phone with my publisher, he gave me fairly good news, but also stressful. He wants me to gather around 100 of my favorite poems to have published, and he wants me to divide them up into catagories "chapters" I guess on top of being a single mommy, and a full time college student, I've got my work cut out for me.

Any ideas on what poems I should choose for my book? "Silver Linings"???

© Copyright 2010 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2010-06-14 11:38 PM

What great news, Tamma!

My only suggestion on what you would pull into your book would be those poems that mean the most to YOU. If you are going to pull some that have been published here, then of course it would be obvious to choose the ones that garnered the most responses. Have you done any readings to groups? Pull those. What you wrote for your family, friends, parents? Pull those.

But in all the pulling? Have FUN!

Kudos!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Getting Published

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary