navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Just published my own first book
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just published my own first book Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2010-01-24 07:32 AM

Well, I gathered all my courage and made my own first book on Blurb.com http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1155328

This book 'Rhyming Images - Where I shall live and die' (40 pages), is the first of a series of Rhyming Images books I was planning to make for a long time, but never had the guts to actually do it. So now I did.

I know Helen offered to go over my poems (thank you for your offer), but I didn't have her email so I've send the preview over to Balladeer, who was kind enough to take a peek and give me some suggestions, which I gratefully accepted.

Does that mean I can call myself a published poet now?

Love, Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2010 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
1 posted 2010-01-24 09:22 AM

Congratulations!  

"If you want something done, ask a busy person," is a saying that certainly applies to you.  You're a person of many talents and a heart as big as our galaxy. How nice it is that you've kept Marge's memory alive in such a loving way.

God bless,
  Rae

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2010-01-24 12:04 PM

Yes, this definitely puts you in the "published poet" of the loving names we can call you!

Congratulations, sweetheart! I know firsthand the trepidation of putting your baby out into the world first hand, but you did it!

I'm so very happy for, and proud of, you!

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
3 posted 2010-01-24 01:05 PM

Congratulations, Titia!  Your book looks great!  Did I start something here?     I certainly started something for myself because my second one is there now.
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1148105

Our postal authorities here are rather slack so it will be a few weeks before I get it.  

Well done!
Love
Helen

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Just published my own first book

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary