navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Happy Birthday, Dear OwlSA
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Happy Birthday, Dear OwlSA Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2009-11-05 12:26 PM

Diana dear,

It's your birthday today - and in this part of the world it remains November 4.  Your day.  I hope that you had a wonderfully happy day.  May your wishes come true.

xooxoxo
Alison

© Copyright 2009 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-11-05 04:57 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DIANA!

With all my heart I wish you to enjoy to the fullest your special day. May you be surrounded by your loved ones and may you feel the happiness that emanates from love and friendship.

May all your dreams manifest.

You are missed here, your precious words are a gift and we hope you will come back.

Much love and hugs.

Margherita

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2009-11-05 08:44 AM

Happy belated Birthday, dear Diana!! I hope it was a wonderful one!! *S*

I thought of you and your dear Flicka Sunday... and wished him a happy heavenly birthday. *S*

Celebrate you every day, sweet lady... you're wonderful! *S*

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2009-11-05 09:32 AM

Diana!
The days are so jumbled lately
I didn't realize it's your birthday!
Happiest thoughts to you, dear friend.
Take the whole month
so we can celebrate together
(mine is the 18th)

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2009-11-05 01:28 PM

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2009-11-05 09:23 PM

Di, I am late, but that's been my forte lately. I only wish you the best of your birth month. Let's talk, soon!

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
6 posted 2009-11-06 01:52 AM

Thank you so much Alison!  You remember us all, you unofficial bringer of birthday wishes and warmth and happiness wherever you go!  

Thank you Margherita!  Yes, I was surrounded by my small family and was fussed over on both my birthday and Flicka’s on the 1st.  It would have been perfect if my daughter had acknowledged my birthday too, but hey! we can’t have everything!   Thank you for my beautiful Apfelrose – it filled an Apfelrose-shaped gap in my soul!  I miss being in Pip too, but need to get a job first (my wonderful 12-month contract job finished on 12 October and the company is downsizing even its permanent staff to a very small core at the end of the year) before I can allow myself the exquisite luxury of being in Pip.  Sometimes, I steal a moment and pop in to read when I have forgotten how to breathe, but I don’t post (or even write lately) or reply much, as then I get too involved and forget time.

Thank you, Ruth, and thank you soooooooooooo much for remembering my darling Flicka’s birthday.  I feel so bad that I had forgotten that you shared his birthday.  He won’t have though, and I know you will have received his birthday wishes on Sunday.  I replied in your own birthday message from Alison, the guardian of all Pip birthdays.

Thank you Kacy!  Most years I almost forget my birthday (not that I have ever minded getting older, but mostly just didn’t allow myself to feel special), but this year I celebrated it.  Thanks for sharing the same month as me!  

Thank you Mysteria for coming to my party and for bringing that delicious cake with one candle representing 64 years!  You look good in the party hat!

Thank you Karilea.  I am even later than you at my own party!  I had forgotten temporarily that Alison would have been here, with her warm heart and wishes, and actually came into Discussions to see if there was anything I had missed – and oh boy!  I discovered that I nearly missed my own party!

Owl

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
7 posted 2009-11-06 01:53 AM

Love you, darling Diana.  My thoughts are with you and your Flicka.

A

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
8 posted 2009-11-06 01:57 AM

Thank you Alison - what a wonderful combination - you and Flicka - how can I not smile?  You understand so well.

Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2009-11-06 02:39 AM

Dear Diana, from the bottom of my heart I hope that your birthday marked the beginning of good things to come your way for the coming year! ~ Heck, for the remainder of your days! You deserve nothing less! I've been missing your warmth, charm, wisdom and your poetry! You are very special to many of us here aboard the pip ship!

Sending much love and best birthday wishes,

Linda

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
10 posted 2009-11-06 01:59 PM

Happy Birthday, Owl!

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
11 posted 2009-11-07 01:13 AM

happy happy day
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
12 posted 2009-11-07 12:42 PM

Thank you, Linda.  I certainly hope your wish comes true.  A job would be nice.  My 12-month contract ended on 12 October 2009.  The company is downsizing its permanent staff as well, at the end of the year to a very small core.  I need to work until the day I drop dead, and I need a job sorta-like-now.  I am doing everything possible to get one, but, so far, no luck.  Thank you for your warm Linda-wishes.

Thank you Sue for your wishes and for joining the party and for the balloons!

Thank you, Helen.  Your wishes worked!  I had a really happy happy day!

Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
13 posted 2009-11-07 01:59 PM

Diana, I will pray big time that a suitable job will soon come your way. ~ One that will meet (or exceed!) your financial ~ as well as your personal ~ needs.

God bless you, dear friend!

Love,
Linda

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2009-11-07 04:41 PM

Happy Belated Birthday, Diana ( and I know what you mean about needing to work till the day you "drop dead" ( your words not mine)
I will be doing the same ~~
and will  pray that you find something worthy of you.

M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Happy Birthday, Dear OwlSA

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary