navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Losing Farah and Michael, in one day?
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Losing Farah and Michael, in one day? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia

0 posted 2009-06-25 06:54 PM

Farah Faucett....lost her battle with cancer today.
RIP, lady Farah. Condolences to Ryan.

Michael Jackson....found in a coma, died today.

Both of these people were superstars.

Even his bizarre eccentric behaviors the last few years can't take away the sheer wonder of the "Thriller" choreography and music.

© Copyright 2009 Kathleen Kacy Stafford - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2009-06-25 07:14 PM

Dear Kacy, my son was watching BBC on tv and brought the news, then we found the reports about Farrah and Michael on CNN. Yes it is sad, in one way or another they were part of our lives.

May their souls soar in peace and may their loved ones be comforted by the manifestations of love.

Margherita

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
2 posted 2009-06-25 07:22 PM

One word:

Sucks

For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
3 posted 2009-06-25 07:32 PM

Unreal!  Michael, changed pop music forever.  I know our three generations have been fans of his, and appreciate his contribution to the world.  A very sad day.  

Farrah was a fighter and now she is at peace.

A Romantic Heart
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-03
Posts 5496
Forever In Your Heart
4 posted 2009-06-25 07:35 PM

I was shocked about Michael, and I knew Farrah was battleing the cancer and they knew it would be anytime, but it is sad to see them both gone on the same day!

Michael was like an Elvis to his generation....

I hope they are both at rest and peace now...

I know Janet will take it hard, and my thoughts go out to Ryan....he really loved her!

~ARH

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
5 posted 2009-06-25 07:58 PM

A very sad day....a sad week in all; we lost ed too (the tonight show)

~~**~~
I never let one moment define me,
I define myself by all moments and how they teach and touch me......02  

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
6 posted 2009-06-25 08:14 PM

sad all the way around...I feel bad most for their families...
Falling rain
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2008-01-31
Posts 2178
Small town, Illinois
7 posted 2009-06-25 08:16 PM

Its sad that Micheal died.

I grew up knowing the song Thriller and Beat It, along with hearing the rumors about his actions with children. *shudders* Its disturbing but I've always respected him. He was the King of Pop. But of what I heard, people are praising his death. This was shocking to me. It just shows where this world is going now a days. Where someone laughs when someone dies and doesn't even consider the others and the family who have to mourn.

This whole situation is very saddening.  

May all of them rest in peace.

-Zach

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
8 posted 2009-06-25 09:44 PM

The scale of the losses our culture suffered this week is staggering.

Everybody in America wanted Ed McMahon to show up at their house -- and he showed up in most homes on the tube every evening and just made us laugh.

Farrah -- not a straight male of my generation didn't have her poster on his bedroom wall when he was a kid -- but she helped change everything.  Say what you will about jiggle TV.... but she was a woman in a role that was groundbreaking.  And later in her career she took on thought provoking important issues.  

As a kid -- the Jackson 5 cartoon on Saturday morning was must-see TV -- and I think it was that experience that gave Michael the vision for what video and music together could be.  He changed the shape of our culture.  As a musician it was very hard to gauge what the man was going to do next -- but it certainly made it interesting -- and I might still be able to do those Eddie Van Halen licks --

I doubt there's anyone who never danced to Billie Jean -- and I have to smile at the times that I did -- not that I could dance -- just my partner made it special.

And -- whatever accusations may have been made about the man -- I really think he thought of himself as Peter Pan -- and Peter Pan wouldn't hurt the lost boys...

Whether we're fans or not -- these three losses bear a real significance to our culture and the world -- and certainly our lives have all been shaped by these three.

Our thoughts to the ones closest to them.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Losing Farah and Michael, in one day?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary