navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Angels Never Fly Far Off! ^__^
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Angels Never Fly Far Off! ^__^ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon

0 posted 2009-06-23 04:39 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hi everyone! Aside from the posting of several poems late last autumn/holiday season and a poem celebrating Marge's memory, I really haven't graced this community in earnest for the last two years.

The truth is, I fell into a period of disarray in my life where everything was going way too fast for me, and everything from my obsession with eating purely, to my desires, to my failed employment search, simply left me snowblind, and I felt I just needed to take a hiatus and make a genuine, focused effort on living and enjoying life, and I needed to have a life which, in the process, can inspire much better poetry in return.

So, I've been volunteering everywhere I possibly can since the New Year began, where I always made efforts to volunteer before surely but, because I conceded I all but certainly won't be employed until early 2010 at the earliest, volunteering was more a much-loved hobby, rather than my life blood, before, and now I'm adamantly going to and fro, from one corner of the city to another, from Loaves & Fishes to the World Forestry Center to Impact Northwest and dozens of other non-profits in-between................and life has never felt so beautiful and exciting for me! I've been acquainted with so many affable people (in fact, to the point where I see at least two familiar faces every single new place I volunteer, where it's almost as though I've become a local celebrity, LOL!), I've acquired myriads of new skills, my confidence and self-esteem are at zeniths, and I have the physical and mental energy to want to do anything I find!

Now, while I continue to go about volunteering feverishly (I just completed training to become a Volunteer Leader via the Hands On Greater Portland network and have my first two projects as a leader planned out, and am also co-organizing a forthcoming festival for the first time as well), my experiences have inspired all these new poetic possibilities in my head, which I'll be sharing here, which I think all reflect the immense energy, enthusiasm and vigor I have now! ^__^

I posted my comeback poem today, with many more to come, and just wanted to let y'all know I'm not going away, and will never truly be far away, and it is your utmost friendship, support and care that has kept me here for almost a decade now! God Bless Y'all, and hope y'all are having a delightful beginning of summer (or winter for some here as well)! =)

XOXO,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

[This message has been edited by Ron (06-23-2009 09:08 PM).]

© Copyright 2009 Nadia Lockheart - All Rights Reserved
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
1 posted 2009-06-23 06:24 PM

Noah, my brother, I am so glad to see you back here on the Blue Pages that you love so dearly.
I am upset to hear of your troubles, and pray that you find the peace, love, and happiness that you deserve.

I look forward to reading your works ago.

For those who have fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2009-06-23 06:34 PM

Noah, I love what you are doing and you know meeting all these people and adding to your skills and knowledge will serve you well in the end.

Maybe someone of the many new people you are meeting will have a job for you soon. Happy days for you Noah and keep up the good work. I am happy to hear you on on the mend and are eating better and feeling much better. Love to you, latearrival

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2009-06-23 07:11 PM

Thanks Bradley! (hugs)

No worries, I've made a triumphant Yurchenko vault out of that rut I was in, and in retrospect I think I allowed some sort of scarcity mindset to become ingrained in my mind, which I came to realize in time "That ISN'T like me!", as naturally I'm known for being one who has an abundant kind of mentality. So after some reflection I knew what I had to do to make the most of everything, and now I'm on a high! I feel liberated, and I don't think I've ever felt this confident and vigorous in my life! =)

I hope all has been well with you too, my friend! I have read some of your latest blog entries, and also really found that Pizza For Patriots site a most admirable effort! =)

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2009-06-23 07:20 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww, thanks for your encouragement, my friend! =)

I'm extremely optimistic right now. Because I'm seeing familiar faces everywhere I go now, which was the opposite for me years before where I'd be lucky to be standing inside the light rail train and bump into one old acquaintance on the way downtown, I just KNOW intuitively that both first love and job opportunities are nearby, with those promises beaconing on the horizon and scintillating across my face like a shaft of light. My next crop of poems will basically reflect that enthusiastic mood I have, where their tone will come across as really jovial, upbeat and sensual I'd say.

Hope all has been well with you too, my friend!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2009-06-23 08:33 PM

Hey Noah!  I will say this for you when you make an entrance - it is a BIG one!  Wow that is one big picture, I thought I couldn't find the comment button

It's good to see you back although I have been following you on Facebook, it's nice to know you have a chosen path and you are on it.  You would make a great trainer of volunteers Noah, and hope that pans out for you.

Nice seeing you amidst the blossoms, and enjoyed your pictures of the parade too   Take care.

Carpe' Diem,
Mysteria

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2009-06-23 09:06 PM

Noah, I'm so happy to see you putting your talents to good use.
So many people think only of their own comforts and $.
You have the mindset, heart, and ability to make real positive changes in this world.
Hugs to you, my friend. We need more Noahs.
Kacy

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
7 posted 2009-06-24 03:16 AM

Yay, thanks Sharon! ^__^

I started using a new Nikon camera quite recently, and I've never been able to figure out how to take pictures with a resolution below 1600 by 1200 pixels! Thus, the reasoning behind why I've got that colossal snapshot up there! LOL!

Initially, I never even imagined myself starting an account on any social networking site like Facebook or MySpace. From what I had heard there was a lot of superficial content on those sites, and then I also heard news reports of sex offenders and convicts using those services to commit horrendous crimes, so I let that dwell on me too much for a long time and essentially crossed my arms and kept my distance from those sites. Eventually, however, I came to realize the opportunities these communities are replete with (helping re-connect with old friends, being able to express yourself more widely, proving useful under the social penetration theory, etc.) and realized each user is supplied with their own security settings so they can determine who can and cannot see their profiles and, because I was coping with grave social alienation at that point in time, I was depriving myself of communicative potential, and so went ahead and set up accounts on several social networking sites!

I'm just wrapping up this new poem which will be my comeback poem on the Open forum (my second overall since returning here) that is squarely set on that theme essentially: the joy and feeling of liberation I have in opening up to the world and wanting to be touched, wanting to be constantly communicating. Unmistakably, I've been an introvert and I'll always be an introvert naturally, but introverts need to feel needed no less than extroverts do, and I now realize that, consequentially, because we reside in a culture permeating with fear and insecurity, I let my fears influence my decision-making impulses throughout much of my adolescence up until quite recently. I deprived myself of much of what I've long desired, and so I declared that I would reach out and let the world touch me and I would do likewise. I think it's the most liberating, healthiest, holistic feeling in the world. And I believe that's reflected in my desire to become both a Volunteer Leader and a festival co-organizer as well.

Thanks soooooooooo much, my friend! I bet you're excited about the Olympics being more or less in your backyard in the not-so-distant future!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
8 posted 2009-06-24 03:21 AM

Awwwwwwwwww, thanks Kacy! (huggies)

(blushes) I honestly don't know how to respond to your kind words, my friend. Obviously we've gotten to know each other for quite some time here, and you yourself have given so much of yourself as well to the world, from Palestine to Alaska to Oregon just to name several places. So I'd say the world needs at least a hundred million Kacys as well, LOL! But I nonetheless thank you for your support and encouragement!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
9 posted 2009-06-24 06:50 AM

It's good to see you looking  and sounding healthier. Sometimes ( when younger and even older) you need to let some of those extreme idealistic thoughts pass you by ( like eating fads etc) and do what's best for you healthwise and for your self-esteem.

Seems like you have found yourself again. Don't worry too much about the economy and a job. Many of us went through this in the 70's and we are just in a down cycle for a bit. Volunteering does make one feel useful and is a great step to showing who  Noah really is inside.
Thank you for doing all that you do. We could use a few more like you in this world.

M

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
10 posted 2009-06-24 07:38 AM

Noah, my friend, you are one of a kind. You took the blows and now you're doing it your way. The wonderful thing about you is that you always remain optimistic and positive, no matter how the cards are dealt. They say that the road to success is finding what you love to do and doing it. Sounds like you have done that and I have little doubt it will make you successful. I wish you the very best, pal..
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
11 posted 2009-06-24 09:41 AM

Noah!!!! The Angel Boy ~ I mean, Angel MAN, is baaaack!!! I am so ding dang happy that you have the wind beneath your wings again! You've gone from the nadir to the acme! Fly high and free, my angel friend!
As you are discovering, all is not lost! Everything that you have been experiencing has been a part of your learning curve. ~ and have you ever been learning and growing and sharing! Behind every great man, there is a story! I look forward to reading some of yours through your up-coming poetry! You've been missed!

Love you!
Linda

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
12 posted 2009-06-24 07:29 PM

What a pleasant surprise to see you posting, Noah.  Love your pictures and the thought of your energies being used so productively, but then you always were.

What a wonderful world it would be if you could be cloned!

God bless,
  Rae

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
13 posted 2009-06-25 09:23 AM

Noah, my friend... you are an absolute delight! *S* I wish the very best of you... and thank you for giving so generously of your time and self! *S*
Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
14 posted 2009-06-25 07:17 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww, thanks Maureen! (huggies)

While I still unequivocally stand behind my decisions to shun additives like High Fructose Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Oils and excitotoxins out of my meals every day, I nonetheless am adamant about making sure my stance doesn't evolve into a sort of martyrdom that ends up affecting relationships all around me, as that is when such decisions can truly become tragic and counterproductive to sustainable living! You're right, that would be extremely idealistic in that case.

I'm actually not worried at all about my future career-wise down the road, in spite of the deep recession presently. I've always believed good things come to good people, and even if the "American Dream" nostrum has become somewhat outdated and is in need of revision, I nonetheless believe, invariably, through hard work and perseverance, everyone is rewarded in the long run. Faith is our greatest beneficiary in that regard.

Hope all has been well with you, yay!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
15 posted 2009-06-25 07:22 PM

Yay, Michael! (huggies)

I believe the same can be said about you, my friend. You certainly have coped with some adverse health issues as of late, and while such adversity could daunt and discourage many, did you let it affect the special person you are at heart? No! You kept your head up, took initiative in taking the proper steps to allow yourself to heal and take it easy, and you've emerged the same jovial, good-humored, empathetic man we all know, love and cherish!

It's great to hear you're feeling significantly better, my friend, yay!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
16 posted 2009-06-30 03:25 AM

Yay! Linda, my dearest angel friend! Of course angels always stick together!

Though I've certainly had many great times before, I truly believe I've never felt this vivacious in my life to date. I can't even remember the last time I felt really tired, or even modestly tired, whereas before, even when I found myself less tired and more resilient than most, there was a time of day where I felt like "calling it a day". Now, I never feel tired. I'm restless, full of aspiration and stamina, where I can't even sit in my chair through a full movie without feeling like getting up and doing something more active in the community. I'd get up at 7:30 AM, make the hour-long jog over to Studio Concepts and spend thirteen consecutive hours helping decorate floats for the Portland Rose Festival's Grand Floral Parade, make the hour-long jog back home, and I won't feel tired one bit but rather eagerly anticipating the next day's opportunity. It's a very fulfilling, sensual, motivating feeling!

All my new poetry will reflect that incandescent feeling in me. I think, for a while, my poetry leaned heavily toward the maudlin. Certainly I believe it's wonderful to be very sensitive and sentimental naturally, but I feel I veered too heavily toward pensiveness. With pensiveness comes a form of mental rigidity, I find, and it consumed me within much of the previous one-and-a-half years or so. In contrast, my new poems will feel very loose, sexy, frolicsome, kinetic, buoyant, etc. I think many have seen me all these years as a very sentimental, cutesy person with flashes of the above characteristics. I'd say my new poetry is kind of the inverse of that: where the more buoyant, saucier side of me plays the dominant role, but everyone can still unmistakably see the light of sentimentality in my eyes as well!

Hope all has been well with you, angel friend, yay!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
17 posted 2009-06-30 03:34 AM

Awwwwwwwww, thanks Rae!

I'm not sure how to respond to that cloning comment! LOL! If the world has too many Mistletoe Angels, we're bound to have an invasive species crisis on our hands! (rolls on floor laughing) But I wholeheartedly appreciate your friendly words! (huggies)

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
18 posted 2009-06-30 03:37 AM

Awwwwwwwwww. thanks Suthern, my dear friend!

Can you believe you'll have been here a decade one month from today, and I'll have been here a decade a year and a half from today? If this longevity isn't testament of how these robin egg blue pages feel like a second family of sorts, I don't know what does!

Hope all has been well with you, yay!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
19 posted 2009-06-30 11:14 AM

quote:
I don't think I've ever felt this confident and vigorous in my life!

Oh Noah, you don't know how much that makes me smile!  

You are the most enthusiastic and good-hearted person. You sound like you have found a wonderful place to direct some of that energy that shines from you so brilliantly! Just wonderful.  

I couldn't be happier to hear how happy "you" are!

Best wishes and big hugs,
/Kit

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
20 posted 2009-06-30 03:22 PM

(does happy dance) Yay, Kit, it's great to hear from you!

Believe it or not, I'm currently on break during jury duty, and I'm not lying when I say I'm actually blessed to be taking part in this long-standing, constitutional effort. I know virtually everyone dislikes jury duty notices and would rather be at least 1001 other places in the world, but I see it as having something to do and giving back to the world in a different way. When I raised my hand after an attorney asked if anyone was seriously glad to be there, he literally said he was "blown away" by my admission! (rolls on floor laughing)

I guess it's because I'm in a harmonious place right now where even the most seemingly mundane, unromantic things feel inspiring and fulfilling to me. I haven't even fallen in love or anything, so I can't begin to imagine how I'll feel when that day comes. I guess volunteering frequently in a limitless breadth of capacities makes me feel very alive and getting to see so much more of the world, and considering virtually everything I've done is in Portland, yet I've met all kinds of new people and acquired all these new skills and experiences, it makes me feel all the more effervescent knowing opportunity is bouncing everywhere like prisms incessantly!

And I also can just feel in my bones that both first love and greater opportunities are on the horizon as well! I have immense faith of that because in just three months I've went from feeling like Paul of Thebes in the confides of my own home socially to suddenly being recognized and noticed everywhere, from shyly tackling one volunteer opportunity and now going so far as to help co-organize and plan a festival that will launch later this summer and still finding time to commit to other volunteer events simultaneously that sometimes take up more than twelve hours any given day! It's testament to how a determined heart is all one needs to thrive!

Hope all has been well with you, dearest friend!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
21 posted 2009-06-30 06:56 PM

Dear Noah, it's so good to have you back, young man and with such wonderful energy and enthusiasm!
You are a beautiful soul and all the volunteering is one of the expressions of your generous heart.
Continue to "do your happy dance" it will be always a pleasure to follow you and to read your wonderfully creative works.

All my love and hugs.
Margherita

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
22 posted 2009-07-01 01:05 AM

Wow! I want some of what you're having! Nothing like a natural high! Your exuberance and enthusiasm for life is downright ecstatic! You certainly are packing a lot into every day! You are doing something with your life. You are giving selflessly of your time and energy to helping your community. You are an angel extraordinaire!

Loveya Angel Man (who has the vitality and spirit of an Angel Boy!)

Linda

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
23 posted 2009-07-01 02:42 PM

Yay, Margherita's here! (huggies)

I've had so much fun volunteering, and I've been taking pictures at virtually every opportunity I've graced. Occasionally I even film video on my digital camera at the major events I attend, and I just opened up a new YouTube channel lately (my account name is EmmanuelEndorphin) featuring a series of excerpts of video footage centered around my time decorating floats for the 2009 Grand Floral Parade at the Portland Rose Festival!

The 2009 Waterfront Blues Festival opens tomorrow, and you can expect me to film a little video there as well! I'll also certainly have video for Yoshida's Sand In The City and maybe a few more events!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
24 posted 2009-07-01 02:53 PM

Awwwwwwww, thanks again Linda! (huggies)

Five of my next six weeks are going to be blockbuster weeks for volunteering, and I'm super-psyched about how active I'll be at many of Portland's largest annual traditions. I'll be giving 44 hours over the next four days volunteering at the Waterfront Blues Festival, then next week there's the 3rd Annual Columbia Slough Clean-Up, followed by three fabulous days at Yoshida's Sand In The City, then four days at Portland's BrewFest the week after that (I don't drink, but Portland is known for being a major microbrewery city and as long as the volunteering opportunity doesn't discriminate, I won't discriminate either! ) followed by another four days at the Trail Blazers' Street Jam, yet again followed the next week by four days at ErosFest Northwest (which I'm also co-organizing) and finally the Mount Hood Jazz Festival the week after that! And in-between it all there are many smaller volunteer opportunities as well!

Yesterday at jury duty someone came up to me and said he saw me last month volunteering at Potluck In The Park, LOL! I can't believe how seemingly ubiquitous I've become in my hometown............it's starting to get a little creepy, LOL!

Sincerely,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
25 posted 2009-07-01 03:32 PM

If they have such a thing as a Volunteer of the Year award in Portland ~ or the state of Oregon ~ Gosh, and/or in the entire U. S. of A., you should be the recipient of that/those award/awards!

You are a remarkable young man/angel! ~ and it sounds like the word is getting around! You're becoming famous ~ whether you like it or not! lol

Giving you a big smiley face, a warm hug, and a pat on your back! (I'll be careful not to ruffle your feathers! )

Linda

Mistletoe Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
26 posted 2009-07-01 06:24 PM

Nah, I don't do things for the glory or for flattery. If others are touched by what I'm doing, whether it's directly or indirectly, then I am certainly glad to hear that, but volunteering implies a selfless motivation, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Yeah, I'm really starting to deal with the psychology of celebrity, which I've always found quite fascinating. I will say I think it's encouraging when, while I certainly have nothing against celebrities in Hollywood for instance, that it's great when people all across the world in their own communities get recognized for things that may seem mundane to many on the surface, but deep down truly mean a lot, whether it is putting out a fire, or cutting off one's locks of hair to show support to children battling cancer, etc. There's nothing wrong with a little recognition!

Now that I've said that, I hope my semi-celebrity status doesn't spin out of control when I do my first poetry reading in four years in August at ErosFest!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Mother Teresa

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
27 posted 2009-07-04 09:49 PM

wow!! how wonderful to have you back with us lovely Noah! and what fantastic work you have been undertaking in your absence from Pip... I am in awe of your talents.. you are a beautiful person and it shows so clearly that you are now enjoying life .. I wish you much continued happiness and love.

RDB xx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Angels Never Fly Far Off! ^__^

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary