navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » no replies necessary
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic no replies necessary Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2009-02-02 08:03 PM

It's my anniversary!

I thought I'd just acknowledge that for myself, and let you all know that I do not know much about grace, or social norms, but I did want to let you know that I'm taking a break.

I wanted to at least attempt a gracious note of gratitude, so here I am.

To all and any whom I've hurt? I offer not apology, but a promise of trying to do better.

I think I needed to justify things in my mind, for not hanging out--much like an adolescent does, in order to rationalize leaving the safety and security of home. I haven't been well for a long time, and I need to focus on my personal health and my family' and I am not one who can do things "a little bit."

Keep the home fires burning.

I genuinely love you all.

I'll be around...smile.

Kinda skeery, huh?

Ta for now. Happy Candlemas.

© Copyright 2009 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2009-02-02 08:47 PM

Take all the time you need, love, for your special Pips throne will always belong to you.
Please, take care of health needs, and spend more time with your immediate family. Email whenever you want, but silence is OK....
I'm on the verge of another Pips break myself, for similar reasons.
Just before the 'C' beast hit me, I was all set to make three driftwood/seashell mobiles as gifts, and ready to design something from the special 'deeptime' mauve clay I collected last summer. All the materials are just sitting here, waiting for my hands.
Anyway, take time to focus on your health and your family...they are your top priorities, lady!!!

Love ya!!!!
PS, Happy Anniversary!!!!
(no need to reply to this... )

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2009-02-02 09:12 PM

do what you gotta do.

I love you lady.

write me anytime.

sewasham
since 2006-09-11
Posts 714
Oklahoma, USA
3 posted 2009-02-02 10:02 PM

Happy anniversary Karen. Take care of yourself and know you'll be missed. Everyone needs a break now and then but we'll look forward to your full time return.
Take care. Steve

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2009-02-02 10:29 PM

Boy I would sure get a lottery ticket with all those "2's."  Good for you!  Go get those 7 aligned, from your crown to your root, and I am sure everyone will still be here when the new you returns.   
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
5 posted 2009-02-02 10:29 PM

i am here
still the de-badged-cop
loving you
still

ps
happy anv too
smoochies
call me anytime
or email

Krawdad
Member Elite
since 2001-01-03
Posts 2597

6 posted 2009-02-03 01:29 AM

Ol' grey-head thanks you for an idea, K.
Be well.
e
/pip/Forum100/HTML/000689.html

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2009-02-03 06:25 AM

Karen, I know the need for a break ( sometimes from poetry and sometimes being here for a break from the real life on the outside)

Reading you is an "always" and your imprints are here to reread anytime one wants or needs to "feel you".

Take care of your number 1 priorities and check in when you feel the want.

Big hugs,
M

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
8 posted 2009-02-03 07:49 AM

Over the years, there have been times when I have slipped in and out of similar modes and moods. Thank you for letting us know so we will at least have some understanding for your disappearance.
Karen, may you have healings on every level of your being and return to your pip home when you are revitalized and refreshed ~ and all is well in your personal life and otherwise. Know that your throne in PiPsville will await your return, Serene One.
In the meantime, TCB and treat yourself with TLC. You'll be missed.

Vaya con Dios
Linda

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2009-02-03 09:28 AM

Take a break, but don't break anything!

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
10 posted 2009-02-03 09:52 AM

Nine years in this family of Pip! You are such an extraordinary presence here on Pip, dear Karen. Always stimulating, on the creative, human and intellectual level.  Have a great Anniversary and take your time to pay attention to your priorities. You fly out of the window, but the window is open always and we expect you back whenever you feel like peeking in, reading and feeling at home.
Love and big hugs and be well wishes.
Margherita

steavenr
Member Elite
since 2003-11-17
Posts 4058

11 posted 2009-02-03 10:37 AM

my selfish side wants to say..."drats"

my understanding & sensitive side wants to just say "dern it and double drats"

...you will be missed (please make your excursion be measured in days only...please)

oh, happy anniversary

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
12 posted 2009-02-03 11:16 AM

I've always trusted your judgment. Do I need therapy? Peace dear friend...
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
13 posted 2009-02-03 12:37 PM

Dear, dear Karen, you will be very sorely missed.  I echo all those beautiful and heartfelt responses you received so far (I think I understand Mysteria’s one!).  Please email any of us (me! me! me!) whenever you want.  You take all the time you need.  It is so wonderfully considerate of you (and so typically Karen to be so considerate) to let us so far into your life in your poetry and your posts and threads in other parts of the forum, and very especially here, to let us know why there is going to be a Karen-shaped hole in Pip.  

Oh, and by the way, you know EVERYTHING about grace!  You also know EVERYTHING about being social.  As far as “norms” go, you are way higher than “normal” in every possible way, so you go way further than “social norms” require, just as you always go far further than the extra mile in helping those around you.  

And please do everything you need to do to regain your personal health.  I will be praying for your health and happiness (and while I am at it, your wealth as well, but that will come last after the other two!)

Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I can’t imagine how you could POSSIBLY have hurt anyone on the planet, because when you say some things you THINK may be hurtful in your inimitably honest way, you ALWAYS explain in great detail, and I am sure that if I had ever been on the receiving end, I would be only too delighted at the explanation.  Come to think of it, I HAVE been on the receiving end of at least one of your delightful explanations where you had either misunderstood me or thought you had misunderstood me or something like that (I can’t remember the details), although no hurt was delivered by you to me, EVER.

Missing you already

Love and huggles
Owl

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
14 posted 2009-02-03 01:22 PM

Friends can wait, personal things can not and though we all love you, we're not your real family. Take care kiddo, health is the number one on the list.

Drop in once in a while, when you feel to it, if only to see what's going on. I've done that for the past years and feel comfortable with it. No pressure. There's more to life than poetry alone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, blow the candles and make a wish.

~Titia~

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
15 posted 2009-02-03 01:38 PM

Hey!

Be well, and don't think you get off that easy.  I'll be looking for you.

Hugs,
K

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
16 posted 2009-02-03 11:33 PM

Oh, Karen, I come here daily looking for you, but rarely respond.  Don't ever think that means I don't enjoy, because I'm constantly fascinated and awed by your brilliance and caring nature.  Please take care of yourself for all of us.  You've been climbing some steep rough trails in life.  Hopefully, you'll stop,look back over your trail seeing all the smiles you've nurtured, the inspiration you've shown without seeing the tears of us who'll be missing you.
Happy Anniversary!

Love & God bless,
  Rae

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
17 posted 2009-02-04 02:32 AM

Karen... I'm sending you some of my special RDB to keep you warm... I love you xxx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
18 posted 2009-02-04 05:27 PM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

ARCTIC WIND

garysgirl
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2002-09-29
Posts 19237
Florida, USA
19 posted 2009-02-11 06:15 PM

Hi Karen, and Happy Anniversary.
Sweetie, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Hugs and God bless,
Ethel

Some of my poetry links--

Ethels Creations  My Inspirational Pages
Ethels Heart Poems  
Ethels Love Poetry
   My SpiritIsUp Poetry Shelf