navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I Ain't "Tetched" ... I'm A Poet
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Ain't "Tetched" ... I'm A Poet Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores

0 posted 2009-01-09 06:32 AM

Dear Marge,

Commemorate The Inauguration of President Barack Obama
by Reading an Original Poem At the Delray Beach, FL, Festival

You Are Cordially Invited
To Read An Original Poem of Up to 14 Lines
January 20, 2009 - 3:30 p.m.
At Old School Square's Crest Theatre

Tuesday January 20, 2009 is Inauguration Day.  Workshops will begin at 9 am that day and run through 11:30 am.  At noon, we will project news coverage of the Swearing In Ceremony in the Crest Theater.  

Visiting poets participating in and auditing Festival workshops, faculty, staff, and members of the public are all invited to be part of a special reading of original poems from 3:30-5:00 pm to commemorate the inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States of America.  

Poems must be no longer than 14 lines so that we may provide as many people as possible an opportunity to share an inaugural poem that day.  All over America, thousands upon thousands of poets are composing poems to mark this significant event in our history. We hope that poets from Palm Beach County and the surrounding areas will join in and be part of this historic event.

The Inaugural Day reading is a free event in the Crest Theatre at Old School Square in Delray Beach and will be hosted by Marie Elizabeth Mali and Laura McDermott. Those who wish to read will sign in and proceed to the microphone, first come first served. We urge everyone to observe the 14-line maximum.

Local media, print and web, have been invited to publish local poets' poems on Inaugural Day. Regardless of political persuasion, we must rally behind our President. What better way to do so than in a poem?

Join us!

Warm Regards,
Miles Coon and Susan Williamson

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -               noles1@totcon.com

© Copyright 2009 Marge Tindal - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2009-01-09 08:45 AM

WOW!!! That is so great Marge! Are you going to go? I hope you do! That is really neat
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
2 posted 2009-01-09 09:27 AM

Hi SEA~
I don't know if I am well enough to make the trip down there ... feel honored to be invited, but I seriously doubt that I can make it~

We'll see what the next 10-11 days brings with my health~

I would love to be as well as everyone thinks I am ... but I'm not and I do have to know my limits~

I think because it is down Balladeer's way, that maybe he could go~
HE WOULD GIVE US GREAT HONOR FOR SURE !!!
I've heard him read ... he's a jewel~

Balladeer?
How's about it?

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
3 posted 2009-01-09 10:26 AM

I understand it's still pretty cool that you got invited

I think anyone who is close enough, should go. But Deer if you are right there, heck yeah you should do it!

Marge Tindal
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
4 posted 2009-01-09 10:30 AM

I emailed Deer the link~
Maybe he can figure out a way to attend~
That would be soooooooo cool~

Yeah ... I was honored just to receive the personal invitation~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
5 posted 2009-01-09 10:51 AM

Marge,
Thanks for this link, and I'm honored and laughing @ your title. Sorry to hear it doesn't look like you'll be attending, my best wishes for you as always.
Doc

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2009-01-09 03:58 PM

Marge/sis....what an important invitation, even if you aren't able to attend.  Perhaps you could write a poem for it and post it here.  I'm sure wishing you good health!  
Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
7 posted 2009-01-09 05:01 PM

Congradulations Marge! This is fantastic. I am so happy for you. I hope you are feeling a whole lot better, now. I have missed you.
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
8 posted 2009-01-09 05:36 PM

wow Marge that is great, maybe they would make an exception and let someone read your poem for you...

M

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2009-01-09 06:41 PM

How exciting! ~ How disappointing if you were not strong enough to make it to the event. If that were to be the case, I like Naked One's suggestion of someone reading your poem if you were unable to do so ~ and Balladeer would be an excellent choice! ~ And he could read one of his own as well! You're tiny but you're mighty. You make things happen!

Love and healing hugs, to you dear Marge ~ the Poets' Poet!

Earthy One

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (01-09-2009 07:16 PM).]

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
10 posted 2009-01-09 08:27 PM

Sending a bunch of beautiful imaginary flowers to you Marge, for this great invitation. It must be hard for you, not to be able to attend this event, but health comes before pleasure my dear friend.
Wish I could be there too. I'm certainly going to look for webcam video on internet that day.

Keep that strength coming Marge, Oh I so wish I could hug you sweet friend and though I may not write that often, just know that you're in my thoughts each and every day.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
11 posted 2009-01-09 09:38 PM

So nice to be honored in that way, good for you!

I am so looking forward to the 20th, I love this new President, and am really hoping he lives up to what you are all expecting.

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
12 posted 2009-01-13 11:49 PM

What a thrill, Marge.  Sorry to learn you still aren't doing real well healthwise, but I'm not surprised as it sounded like you were put through the mill.  Did they ever find what the lung problem came from?  It's nice to see your postings.

God bless,
  Rae

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
13 posted 2009-01-17 05:10 AM

"I Ain't "Tetched" ... I'm A Poet"

Indeed you ARE a poet, Marge...
and forever will be...

I love you...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » I Ain't "Tetched" ... I'm A Poet

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary