navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Just dropping by with an update on life
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just dropping by with an update on life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA

0 posted 2008-12-20 10:31 PM

Hello Dear Friends,
I appologize for not being much of a presence here on Passions but the past year and a half has been a hetic one for me.

As most of you know, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer in Sept. of 2007 and underwent major surgery to remove several tumors and her spleen and has been undergoing chemo since then. I thank you all for your prayers concerning this but am sorry to say we are still undertaking this long road. A week ago she went for her chemo and they would not do it as her CA 125 ( the cancer marker in blood ) was elevated for the first time in 6 months. They repeated the test on the chance that it was a fluke and the test came back even more elevated so they are doing a MRI of the brain, a bone scan, and a total body CAT scan to see if the cancer has returned and where.
My own mother had major back surger in June of this year and ended up with MRSA down to the bone which required her to go back in 2 more times to have the wound opened and cleaned. She spent several months in a nursing home and although she is home now she is unable to get around much and has lost all control of her bowel and bladder. Since she and my father, who is 82 and in the early stages of alzehiemers, live alone I've been spending a lot of time helping them out.
Rodger and I are both doing well and continue to work and are planning a cruise with my sister and her husband and my brother in April. I've written very little in the past year but hope that changes soon. I miss you all and want to wish a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
Love,
Ruth

I am nothing special...and my name will soon be forgotten,but I've loved another with all my heart and soul,and to me,this has always been enough.~N.S

© Copyright 2008 Ruth Kephart - All Rights Reserved
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
1 posted 2008-12-20 10:43 PM

Ruth

While I don't claim to know you, I do miss you and your poetry.  

I wish you and yours a beautiful Christmas.  My thoughts continue to head your way and wish the best of health to all that you love.

Alison

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
2 posted 2008-12-21 12:01 PM

Ruth, you are always a presence even when you're not present. Your poetry speaks for you and you'll always be a pillar of PIP.

At least your parents have an angel in their corner. Do what needs to be done and we'll be here when you return. We have no life!

thanks for the update, dear lady....Merry Christmas!

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2008-12-21 12:53 PM

Ruth,
How fortunate your parents are to have such a faithful daughter. I cannot imagine the challenges you are handling. Thank you for the update. It's nice you have the cruise to look forward to. I pray you all find much strength, courage and peace ahead. And for your family I pray for healing.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2008-12-21 01:16 AM

Well Michael send it all Ruth, but don't run yourself into the ground either if you can help it.  What you are doing is wonderful but I know from experience it can drain the life from you if you let it, so balance it out.  Looks like you are - a cruise will be wonderful!  I can remember you on a another sailing vessel with a writing pad in hand, and what came from that voyage was wonderful.  The very best to you, Roger, and your family this time of year, and always.  Love, Sharon
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2008-12-21 07:43 AM

Ruth I understand and can sympathize with the past year ~~ wishing and praying that  this holiday season and next year bring comfort and a healthier one to you and your family.

M

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
6 posted 2008-12-21 11:19 AM

Hugs and prayers for you and your family Ruth.  Have a memorable Christmas.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
7 posted 2008-12-21 01:30 PM

Christmas hugs and New Year kisses, sweetie. We've missed you, but as has been said above, you've left a pillar of poetic poems that continues to be a major part of PiP's foundation.

May prayers and love look after you and yours.

Karilea

Oklahoma Rose
since 2008-02-28
Posts 1586
Oklahoma USA
8 posted 2008-12-21 03:36 PM

Oh my, Ruth! You have sure had your share of problems. I am so sorry. I hope things get better for you soon. I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
9 posted 2008-12-21 04:38 PM

To one owl from another

My prayers for your continued strength.  Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter and daughter-in-law.  As others said above, all of that love and concern and active caring must be extremely draining.  I, too, am glad that you have a cruise to look forward to - a very relaxing, calming, harmonius kind of break.

May you and all of your extended family have the best Christmas possible.

From one owl to another
- Owl

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
10 posted 2008-12-21 08:47 PM

Ruth, it would appear that you and your loved ones have gone through the wringer one too many times! Thank you for up-dating us on all that has been transpiring. God bless you all and Darlin' ~ you deserve that holiday in April!!! You are always doing for everybody else but an 'angel' cannot give from a cup that must be running out of juice. May your cup runneth over next April!

Sending love and healing hugs to all,

Linda

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
11 posted 2008-12-21 10:49 PM

Hello dear lady,
You've been a busy one for sure.  How grateful you both  must be to be able to share this Christmas with Mom.  With loving care like yours, how could it not be.  Happy holidays to you and yours, and God Bless - Love ya, Nan

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
12 posted 2008-12-26 08:01 PM

Hello lovely Ruth... just wishing you Happy Holidays and much love from me... down under

RDB xx

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
13 posted 2008-12-26 08:37 PM

Hello Ruth, so sorry to hear all that. I haven't been on very often as well, so I missed a lot I guess. I truly hope that 2009 will be a better year for all of you.
I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts.
Merry Christmas to you too my friend.

~Titia~

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
14 posted 2009-01-07 09:56 PM

I've got your wonderful book any time I need a Hoot fix, so don't worry if you're not writing. But I do hope you continue to write of your life experiences. IN that area, you have a gold mine of material.
Love you
Take care
LIz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Just dropping by with an update on life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary