navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » checking in
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic checking in Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2008-09-02 01:07 PM

hey good poet people!

I'm juar checking in from my sis-in-lsw's GORGEOUS home in Georgia. We spent a long time on the road, and finally found a room outside of Chattanooga.

The trip was a bit hard on me, I confess, but trust I'm in very good hands now that I'm back with family.

Worried about my mom and sis, though. They stayed behind, but are fine, but they don't have power restored just yet.

I'll catch up with everybody when I'm able, and hopefully my comp is still there when they allow us to return home.

I love you guys.

And I think I just fell in love with the mountains all over again.

ciao for now--

© Copyright 2008 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2008-09-02 01:26 PM

Georgia was on my mind, but I guess you knew that?

I am SO glad you went there, and that there is a feeling of Serenity all around us on this wonderful day.  Serenity

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2008-09-02 01:26 PM

And one for George     When I called and got no answer at your house I was happier than a prawn in hot sauce!

I have followed every darn minute, and Twist and your Mom will be in "the light" soon lady!

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2008-09-02 02:00 PM

Just enjoy your visit with family in Georgia as if it were a prearranged holiday!! From what news I've seen, Nawlins was spared a repeat of three years ago. Still, I'm keeping safe healing thoughts for all the family.
xxxxx
me

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
4 posted 2008-09-02 02:30 PM

YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!  Karen is alive and well.  

I believe your mom and sister will be too from the meagre news we get and what I managed to find on Nola.com thanks to Mysteria!

Beeg smile and happy tears
- Owl

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
5 posted 2008-09-02 02:32 PM

From what I understand you will be allowed to go home on Thursday, but perhaps it would be a good idea to wait a little longer because of the traffic.

Enjoy your stay in Georgia.  Thank you for being safe.  I am sorry it took a toll on you, but soooooo glad you are safe.  The prayers have been exhausting, but worth it, along with evvvvvvvvvvvveryone else's!

Love
- Owl

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
6 posted 2008-09-02 02:41 PM

Oh, just one little state away...

so glad you and yours are okay.

Rest, relax.

love you madly.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
7 posted 2008-09-02 02:59 PM

I'm jumpin' for joy here. Hope all is well back home. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2008-09-02 04:13 PM

smile--I just read what I typed, and nope, I ain't drunk---I'm just no accustomed to the very cool lap top that has been loaned to me.

whew

I'm just moved to tears by the hospitality being shown ro mw, and such gorgeous scenery too.

Thanks all, again, and it's looking like a busy season, so I have no idea what's next.

(And Kace? I was thisclose to seeing my first waterfall, but the security guy wouldn't allow me to try the walk through Ruby Falls. *pout*)

and grin, I guess I should just behave, huh?

So back to bed for me! I have a view, too!

TREES!

And Susan? That Florida trip may happen in a few months too. Or a few days.

I just never know anymore.

But I'm fine, but pray for my momandem.<--That is N'awlinese for my mother and family.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
9 posted 2008-09-02 04:45 PM

Ruby Falls is gorgeous indeed, but you want to go hiking:

So glad to know that Gustav wasn't what it could have been, but more are on the way, so if the family is inclined to linger longer in the mountains, and you can get some of that good ol' mountain air deep down into your lungs, it might be a worth-while retreat...

but here I am so very, very glad you and all of yours are safe!

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
10 posted 2008-09-02 04:47 PM

In a few days I may be coming up to GA...   who knows...waiting for Hanna

Prayers for your mom and family.  

love you.

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

11 posted 2008-09-02 05:50 PM

how do folks type on theae things?

oy

We're just waiting on word that we can return--entergy would like to work without people in the way this time, and I do know my area is still without power, and I have to rest up for the trip back anyhow.

I'm lonely for you guys tho...and grin, my cousin-in-love is an RN, and she's coming by to check me out too!

*shaking my head*

When the Gods ain't laughin' at me, they sure love on me sweet.

and ciao for now.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
12 posted 2008-09-02 07:53 PM

http://www.greatgeorgiaproperties.com/images/Anna-Ruby-Twin-Falls.jpg
This shows Anna-Ruby Falls in Chattahoochie, GA. Or were you at Ruby Falls in Chattanooga,TN???

Sitting or standing near a waterfall is an awesome experience you will never ever forget.
Glad you are safe and with good souls, sweet lady!!!
BTW, I am leaving Sat for the west coast to visit with my daughter for a week. Maybe when I return I'll have some fresh imagery and stories to tell. My muse is a bit dry lately except for Sassy the Squirrel's antics and the evolving garden. I'll kiss the beach for you, sistah.

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
13 posted 2008-09-03 06:34 AM

Karen, glad to hear you are safe and healing~~ listen to your Mayor and don't return at least until power is back for you in your area. With more storms coming you don't want to have to go back and forth.

M

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
14 posted 2008-09-03 01:35 PM

Argh...I was in Tennessee. Helps to realize that GA is not GAHHHHH as in a short-sided ARGHHHHH  

But speaking of waterfalls in a minimal sense, I had at one time a working waterfall in my home office, but it got moved around and after a few years, probably doesn't work as originally intended, but wanted hubby to try to clean it up for me so I could bring it to the office, if it indeed could be put back to working order. Well, instead of doing that, he bought me a new one which is trickling nicely in a corner of my work-office. Love the sound of running water...in moderation, of course, given the topic of this thread!

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

15 posted 2008-09-03 03:46 PM

I feel well enough to be impatient so that's a good sign...but I am still stuck, as my area does not have power nor sewerage.

I really need my toilet right now too.

So I'll stay as long as they'll have me...and yes, we're watching TWC.

Love you all.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
16 posted 2008-09-03 07:42 PM

I'm relieved to know that you and yours have survived yet another hurricane. I cannot even imagine all that you have had to 'weather'!

~ and you're recovering from an operation on top of all that! Jeepers, Karen, I think you've had enough crapola in the past 3 years to last a lifetime!

Be safe!

Love and healing/protective hugs,
Linda

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
17 posted 2008-09-04 09:50 PM

sooooo glad to hear you and yours are safe. i will continue to pray for you. you are in my heart. for once in your life sit down, shut up and let someone else take care of you and things. believe it or not but hell won't freeze over.giggle.smooches too.
helen

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
18 posted 2008-09-05 12:02 PM

Just popped in to see how you are doing, Karen, and to read all the messages since I last was in.  

I agree with others that perhaps you should just stay put, until your home has power and sewearage and Hanna, Ike and Josephine have passed and dissipated.  

I understand your frustration at using a laptop.  I use one all the time at home, and have become accustomed to it, to a large degree.  However, mine is the bottom of the range and I don't have a dedicated numeric pad (I think some laptops have one), so typing in French is quite a schlep because for each accent I have to turn on the numeric pad with 2 keys and then turn it off for the next normal letter and then back again for the next accent.  Also if I hit my mousepad slightly off course, unexpected things happen, such as the cursor jumping backwards so that I sometimes type a word in the middle of another.  Hopefully, I have noticed this each time!  I am glad you are having such a great time and that they are looking after  you so well and that they have lent you a computty and that we get to hear from you while you are away.

Hugs
- Owl

Bob K
Member Elite
since 2007-11-03
Posts 4208

19 posted 2008-09-05 03:05 AM

Think of you, Serenity, from here in LA.  I'm glad that you're out of New Orleans for this piece of the Hurricane Season.  Missing a lady I never met for her sass and wisdom.  Take it easy, Darlin'  Best from Bob K. heading your way.
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

20 posted 2008-09-07 04:55 PM

I'm home--sorta.

I'm checking in from my sister's comp--our phone line is down as well as the internet--and my computer was kinda smashed into five uneasy pieces anyhow.

It's good to be home.

And I'll talk to State Farm after Ike.

and I was gonna wish Florida folks safe keeping prayers but it looks like there's not too many safe places this hurricane season.

Love to you all, and can't wait to type to you from my own IP again.

I'm gonna go home and practice pouting into my didgeroo.

*grin*

sigh

smileeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
21 posted 2008-09-07 08:11 PM

Glad to know you're safely home, Karen...

Sorry your computer didn't fair so well...
but at least that?.. can be replaced...

you, on the other hand?...
definitely NOT replaceable...

Here's hoping Ike takes a turn
in the other direction
and leaves you and yours alone...

love ya, lady...

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
22 posted 2008-09-07 10:54 PM

Karen,

Just popping in (typed "pooping"  Thank God, I discoverd that typo) to let you know that I am thinking of you.

xoxo
A

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
23 posted 2008-09-08 04:48 AM

Welcome home. Hope  nothing else was destroyed. Intruders or hurricane? "late"
OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
24 posted 2008-09-08 08:35 AM

Glad you're home safely Karen and that your mom and your sister were safe as well.  Presumably they/you have your power back - unless you are using your sister's computer from somewhere else.  I'm sorry about your computty, but at least you are safe.  

- Owl

1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace
25 posted 2008-09-08 10:20 PM

whewwwwwwwww
Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
26 posted 2008-09-10 04:39 PM

Just got off the phone with Karen, and she is her usual witty, crazy self ~ well almost.  She hates August but can you blame her?  She loved Tennessee, so is dreaming of going back.  Her computer got into the sun and it melted some cord, so until she gets a new one she is sneaking into her son's room to steal the odd bit of time online.  She won't be online often so sends her love to everyone for thinking of her, and you can still email her.
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
27 posted 2008-09-11 05:34 PM

Thanks, Sharon, for letting us know or we'd wind up with sleepless nights.

Rae

OwlSA
Member Rara Avis
since 2005-11-07
Posts 9347
Durban, South Africa
28 posted 2008-09-12 01:37 AM

Thank you, Mysteria for letting us know.  I am so glad our Karen is fighting fit!

Huggles to you and Karen
- Owl

Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
29 posted 2008-09-12 05:15 PM

Sending all my love to dear Karen, may her son be generous in lending her his pc.
Love and hugs.
Margherita

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » checking in

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary