navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Pip Membership Post Levels
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pip Membership Post Levels Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural

0 posted 2008-02-27 05:34 PM

Hi my Fellow pip Friends!

I have been doing some searching and I found some interesting answers to people's questions about how you go up a level and your status name changes!
From my researching I found that...

0-50 post : Junior Member

50-500 post: Member

500-2000 posts: Senior

2000-5000 Posts: Member Elite

5000-6500 posts: Member Ascendant

6500-10,000 posts: Member Rara Avis

10,000-15,000 Posts: Member Patricius

15,000-20,000:Member Laureate

20,000-25,000: Member Seraphic

25,000-???? Member Empyrean

And then the mysterious ?? ???-?? ???Member Caelestus

Hope this helps everyone!

ARCTIC WIND

[This message has been edited by Artic Wind (02-27-2008 07:13 PM).]

© Copyright 2008 Arctic Wind - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2008-02-27 08:24 PM

Except for being a junior member I don't think it ever mattered to me.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Roniece Dawson-Bruce
Member Ascendant
since 2000-01-29
Posts 5689
Sydney, Australia
2 posted 2008-02-27 09:01 PM

thank you Arctic! (now, I can  say Michael!)   I didn't know this, but now I do thanks to you !      love RDB

Be kind at heart....for everyone you meet has their own battle to fight.........

[This message has been edited by Roniece Dawson-Bruce (02-28-2008 05:33 AM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
3 posted 2008-02-29 07:38 AM

I'm pretty sure it's 50,000

but don't quote me

I believe Sunshine is the only one with that status so far

you can keep watch though in the Member's Area/Help section where it lists the top 100 Posters...there are family birthdays there too!

Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville
4 posted 2008-02-29 02:01 PM

Artic Wind,

Is there any advantage gained by having one of the higher membership types? Come to think of it is there any advantage in having the different types at all?

There are enough differences in the world which people use to segregate or label other people, do we really have to create new ones?

Ron,

Is there any way using cookies you can give the members the option of whether they display their membership type? I'd prefer it to be blank and re-registering to knock it back to zero is tedious.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2008-02-29 11:20 PM

Hi, AW. I have always been curious as to the how, why, and when, our member status changed under our name. I know several other pipsters have been questioning as to the number of posts that brings about each change.

The one I got the most of a kick out of was "Member Laureate". It sort of made me feel like a poet laureate in the making! lol

I think the names are rather cool and I like having 'badges' so to speak! Once a Girl Guide ~ always a girl guide!

Thanks for the info! You've been a busy little investigative beaver! Most of us just scratch our head and wonder ~ you went to work on it and got us the answers!

btw Your graphic of ascending angels was perfectly divine!

Love to you, AW! I love all your posts! ~ even your Announcements!

EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
6 posted 2008-03-01 06:12 AM

Ooops! I forgot to save it! Over the years, I have been asked by my both old and new members alike, about this topic and now I will be able to give them the answers! Thanks AW!

Loves 'n smiles,
EA

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
7 posted 2008-03-01 06:16 AM

means saving ~ which I neglected to do because the hour is early and my brain is still sleeping! ... NOW it is saved! Sheesh! I'd forget my proverbial wings if they weren't attached!

Loveya!
EA

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
8 posted 2008-03-03 10:50 PM

I was just wondering about these the other day.  It's like you read my mind.  Thanks for being so helpful.

Rae

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
9 posted 2008-03-06 07:22 PM

LarryC-

Thank you for your thoughts!, I am just putting it out there for people to see-- Thanks for taking the time to join and read

ARCTIC WIND

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2008-03-11 09:23 PM

RDB-

Your welcome!

ARCTIC WIND

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2008-03-17 06:44 PM

Passing Shadows!

Thanks!

HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY

ARCTIC WIND

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
12 posted 2008-03-18 06:45 AM

just a quick bit of info...I think this is  correct but everytime you respond to a post or  answer those to yours it counts...along time ago, many of us who knew this and  also knew that it use to bump us up before Ron changed it, were told  how to not make those numbers go up  just for the sake of looking like we post more.

We learned to respond to people in a group rather than one at a time by using the topic review (in the blue box below) to see all the responses given and make one response posting for them.  So these numbers don't mean you necessarily participate more or even post more poems. For some it just means they respond one at a time making their numbers go up.

Sometimes it even makes that poet's post look  like it is more popular than another when half the posts are their own responses.

Anyway I thought you might like to know that bit of information, too. So the numbers for some don't mean as much as one would think.

M

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
13 posted 2008-03-18 04:55 PM

NakdThoughts-

Before I reply to other people's reply's to mine, I would Like to say that, it may not matter for you but may matter to other people.

I look at it as I accomplished something! --
you may not think that, Also, I really dont believe that it makes you look popular, It shows that you are happy that they even took the time to reply to that person being nice to you..

But I guess that everyone has their own thoughts!
Thanks for reading this announcement

ARCTIC WIND

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2008-03-18 05:16 PM

you missed the main thoughts of my posting AW...which wasn't that posting and responding wasn't important nor that it shouldn't matter.

I have been here since 2000 or even slightly before that. I could have much higher numbers, but that is not what is important. I have probably posted more poems than many and my responses may be less in response posts as I group them if possible, but that doesn't mean I don't respond or thank people. I wasn't talking about responding to other poems but to responding to those who respond to one's own poem.

If you reread my response above, it isn't the numbers that count that are important, but how the poems are responded to.

And if you think that it is the happiness shown by the numbers then that can be just as easily done as a multiple response in one posting still saying all that is needed in thanking...rather than in the same minute posting 2,3 4 or 5 responses one after the other raising the numbers.

That is all I was explaining although it seems you didn't get that message.

I am just as thankful for all who respond to me and show it just as much in my responses as anyone else. But I, as many others, do not need to respond one at a time to those who respond to my poems.

Besides where did I ever say that it  did not matter to me...

M

effjayel
since 2007-09-30
Posts 1474
At the Crossroads of Infinity
15 posted 2008-03-18 05:33 PM

I'd better save this for when the dizzy one loses it... that would be she of the seraphic appendages.....
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
16 posted 2008-03-18 08:39 PM

John , this was just another take
(explanation) on  the number of posts one makes and how important or non important it is to each. The important thing should be the poem and how it makes the reader and poster feel rather than numbers... for  the numbers don't necessarily mean you aren't being read as many of us know.

It wasn't a criticism on any particular poet, but an explanation on numbers and how they are counted. .. which was the reason for the original posting by Artic Wind.
~~sighing~~
and giving up on this since it doesn't seem to be understood by some.
M

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
17 posted 2008-03-19 07:21 AM

Nakdthoughts-

I understand Your thoughts!--I am just putting it out there for people who want to know, Maybe not you but others..

And I do understand, But I think that those member levels were made for a reason, Maybe not for just the numbers, Because its not for numbers, Ia m just putting this out there for people who want to know

ARCTIC WIND

[This message has been edited by Artic Wind (03-19-2008 07:58 AM).]

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
18 posted 2008-03-19 08:27 PM

Hey the bottom line is some people post one at a time just to boost their count. Truth is if you search for poems by an individual you can see how much of it is original posts and how much are replies.

Some people can write a ton and grow very little while others write less and improve immensely. Some of us aren't even really writers but still need to convey our feelings. And then there are some, like me, who don't understand much of what we read but read anyway. And there is much more reading than responding, we've all done it.

But the truth is plowing through a thread that has been replied to once for each response is more trouble than it is worth. IMHO

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
19 posted 2008-03-20 12:51 PM

I have to agree with both Maureen and Larry.  If I see a ton of responses, and at least 1/2 are by the author I don't bother reading the responses, let alone leave another one!  Collective responses are easier, and much more practical as far as to how the numbers count up in here.  When poets respond individually to each and every post, it doesn't mean those people with the most # of posts actually read much, instead it means they replied to their own comments a ton though     This of course enhances their number of posts calculated.

Some poets answer every single comment separately, and I have no idea where they get all that time!  I wish we could see how many actually do read the poem even more than the responses, no matter how nice they often are.  I don't know about you, but I would rather someone read what was written, more than respond, unless in a constructive manner that is.

Those are just my thoughts on the subject, but what do I know?  I think I will suggest the "# read" being added to our dear host now.    

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
20 posted 2008-03-25 03:10 PM

Larry-

I like doing each one because, I can write something just for them, not with other people in that other response, And if you what you are saying is what you believe, I truly disagree with that, But I see where your coming from, And it does look like it, But truly it's not

Thank you for the time, and sharing your thoughts

ARCTIC WIND

[This message has been edited by Artic Wind (03-25-2008 03:50 PM).]

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
21 posted 2008-03-25 03:16 PM

Mysteria-

I see where you are coming from too, But others can think different about this. Some people believe other stuff like your self, which isn't bad because you are saying what you believe and I am saying what i believe

there is no right or wrong, Its are own thoughts, And I am agreeing with people who do think that way I do about other peoples thoughts like the others on theis discussion

Nakdthoughts-

I see what you are saying and what you agree with. I disagree some thoughts of yours

Thank you for the time and thoughts

ARCTIC WIND

[This message has been edited by Artic Wind (03-25-2008 03:51 PM).]

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
22 posted 2008-03-25 03:37 PM

I don't understand why people make a change in their posting after it has been responded to..it now makes my response look like I am not  answering what you responded for me...anyway this is what I posted before you must have made a change in yours:

First of all you are keeping this going when really all has been said. You already responded to me about "getting it" so it isn't necessary to bring that up again. Also my explanation was just another explanation on numbers.

Those who do "get it" seem to have changed some of the ways they respond (I have noticed).  My response to your announcement was to give reasons for numbers just as you did.  

You are welcome to respond any way you like as are all others. My POINT once again was that numbers don't necessarily show that you posted a poem or a response to someone elses but have increased your numbers by responding one at a time to your own poem. That's it...nothing more.

I certainly didn't pick on you or anyone else who does it.  And as the others have said, sometimes seeing 20 or more posts on  a poet's poem  makes one think there are a lot of others responding to it when in reality  half, as have been said before by others, are those by the original poster.

It's  nice and respectful to respond which ever way you like. It shouldn't bother you that I have given another opinion on the subject. Sorry if my posting how the numbers really work has upset you or anyone else.

M

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
23 posted 2008-03-25 03:47 PM

Nakd-

Nothing wrong I respect you and what you are saying, and I wasn't hurt in anyway

ARCTIC WIND

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
24 posted 2008-03-25 03:59 PM

Thank you, AW...we can agree to disagree...and there is nothing wrong with that.

p.s. I noticed your edit which made my above response look like I made up the "getting it". But I  will leave it as is and hope that really this discussion is basically over as far as I am concerned. Now back to the business of poetry..

M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Pip Membership Post Levels

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary