navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Chapters Anew
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Chapters Anew Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
cantrellkm
since 2007-12-10
Posts 4
Halls Lake Washington State

0 posted 2007-12-11 10:48 PM

My presence has been rather scarce this past year. I've grown up a lot, changed a lot and found my place in the world. I have goals, aspirations.

Hijack: Why are aspirations so hard to achieve? Anything with Asprin it is is going to be a headache.

I spent the last few months in college, working a full time job and moving out on my own. I spent thanksgiving without my family. I will be spending christmas without my family. Alone. Mom and I barely speak. Leading up to Thanksgiving we hadn't spoke for 3 weeks. I showed up to meet my older brothers fiance.  It took a lot to let what happened between us go and make an appearence there but it meant a lot to my brother and someone had to grow up and just admit to being wrong.

Hijack: My mom and I got in a fight a few months ago that was so bad that I pulled all my money out of savings and moved out. I am also working 40 hours a week and in school. I can barely afford gas/food/tuition/living expenses I am getting by with the bare minimum and essentials. Taking overtime when I can and hopefully by this time next year I will be a bit less stressed about finacial burdens.

School is amazing, I am finally 100% dedicated to a field of study and I am pursuing a BA in Elementary Education, credentials are being sought for Special Education and English.  My goal is to work with children who have Autism, probably a private school that challenges them instead of putting labels on the children and not pushing them to potential.

I am starting anew, I have everything fresh for the future. New apartment, new car, new job, new friends, new myspace, new facebook, new piptalk account and new email address.  Fresh start to a fresh future.

Thanks for being here and taking a leap into the future with me the journey ahead is long, but well worth it!

<3 Kellie

© Copyright 2007 Kellie Marie Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
1 posted 2007-12-11 11:01 PM

A warm welcome to the piptalk. and I am gald to read your interesting current life.

Call your mother. no matter what, she loves you and worries about you. She is the one brought you into this world.  

You are still young and you have a mother you can fight with. Many ,at my old age, have lost their mothers. So, cherish the moment. don't fight with your mother again.

waiting to read your poem.

Tomtoo

[This message has been edited by TomMark (12-11-2007 11:56 PM).]

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
2 posted 2007-12-12 03:27 AM

Kelly, Good luck and keep your goal in  view  at all times. You have a wonderful life ahead. And Yes,  Do keep in touch with your mom even if from afar. "late"
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
3 posted 2007-12-12 07:24 AM

Kellie, so many new things and new goals. Don't overwhelm yourself with all....You should study and work and spend less time on myspace and facebook etc...there are only so many hours in a day and it seems your job and school will be using up most and the rest should be caring for yourself.

Try to remember that and remember also that colleges and employment companies sometimes watch and read those websites when looking at applications.

p.s. a real sign of growing up is accepting  those in your life who raised you and care about you even if you don't "get along" or agree with them all the time.
* Just know that you can't change people and if you aren't happy around them stick with those who are honest, want to help you succeed, and make you feel good about yourself.

Best of luck
M

[This message has been edited by nakdthoughts (12-12-2007 08:56 AM).]

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
4 posted 2007-12-12 07:59 AM

Tom,
Not all moms are the wonderful, loving beings you must think.  It might just not be a good idea for her to call her mom.

Kellie, do what feels right to you and continue moving forward.

Good luck!

"too bad ignorance isn't painful"
~Unknown~

cantrellkm
since 2007-12-10
Posts 4
Halls Lake Washington State
5 posted 2007-12-12 11:12 PM

Thank You, a lot of good Advice.

M- I never thought of the MySpace/Facebook consequences for jobs and school. Luckily for me I don't engage in questionable activities on them. I try to keep in touch with friends. Although, I've found myself letting people go around me.

Time heals every wound and right now my mom and I jsut need time to work out our differences. I have some deep deep wounds that really bother me. Burnt bridges can be mended they just need lots of time.

My mom is a good mom. I don't want people to think otherwise. Just life has dealt us hands that aren't quite the greatest. I love her and know she loves me, but we just need to learn to let eachother make our own mistakes.

-Kellie

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
6 posted 2007-12-13 07:59 AM

"My mom is a good mom. I don't want people to think otherwise. Just life has dealt us hands that aren't quite the greatest. I love her and know she loves me, but we just need to learn to let each other make our own mistakes."

This shows a lot of growth in you, Kellie. There are times in life ( from my own experience) when we do make mistakes...and we all will... that we disagree with parents and they with us and neither may be correct but need to compromise. Even at my age and when unforeseen circumstamces occur the words of support may not be there or  you may not even be believed at first and those "I told you so's" may be words heard that aren't the ones wished for.

Prove first to yourself that you can make it and succeed, make good choices as they say today (and ask for help if needed) and I am sure your family will be proud of you in the end.

M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Chapters Anew

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary