navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Short Story from my Friend Kelly
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Short Story from my Friend Kelly Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

0 posted 2007-06-06 09:41 AM

A Short Story from my Friend Kelly

Hello Everyone,

Kelly's first Amazon Short, Carl Grins and Bears It, is available for just 49 cents at:
http://www.amazon.com/Carl-Grins-and-Bears-It/dp/B000RGZSHW/ref=dp_shrt_new_0/105-4175976-9194022?ie=UTF8&qid=1181136284&sr=8-1

NOTE: It's probably not something you want to read at work. See description below.

In other news, my zombie story Urges Contrary to Swallowing has been accepted for publication in 2008 by Withersin.com, a new horror magazine presenting razor wire fiction and stories that don't fit the mainstream.

Kelly Jameson Speaks About Carl Grins and Bears It:
I read a lot of Charles Bukowski. This is one of my short stories
dedicated to the raw brilliance of the man. Carl Grins and Bears is
about Carl, a nearly broke poet recently fired from his job at a
Gummy Bear factory, who goes on a shopping trip to find the perfect
Dog Poop Calendar for his beer—drinking girlfriend. He detours at a
rest stop on the freeway to take an unexpected dump. After sitting
on the crapper, reading the day's news, and ruminating about the
potential stupidity of discarding his prescriptions for Valium and
Prozac in a parking lot, Carl flushes the toilet, washes his hands,
and walks out of the empty restroom with his pants half hiked up.
Not ten feet from where he stands is a black bear that looks hungry.
Carl briefly reflects on his short, socially retarded, and some
would say pointless and excessively chewy candy life as he's chased
by the bear. Little pink, blue, yellow, and green Gummy Bears come
to his rescue unexpectedly.

Kelly's Novel
www.DeadOnNovel.com

© Copyright 2007 Lee J. - All Rights Reserved
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
1 posted 2007-06-09 11:30 PM

Has anyone else read Dead On? It is a very interesting book. A little of everying in it and a fast read. keeps you guessing. martyjo
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2007-06-10 10:23 PM

Lee, give Kelly my kudos!  It's wonderful hearing of successes such as this!

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

3 posted 2007-06-11 08:13 AM

thanks Ladies...she finally found a publisher who loves her writing...apparently all the publishers she contacted in the past were women and trendy..this guy loves her writing and says she writes like a man, which she does...and she's good...they met in New York at a book fair along with a lot of other very sucessful writers.  

Dead On by Ann Kelly is #5 in best-selling genre fiction/horror/erotica books on amazon.com March 12, 2007

Ann Kelly (Kelly Jameson) appeared on Comcast network's cable TV show Money Matters Today as a guest on January 10, 2007. The show is hosted by Mary Caraccioli, director of business and consumer news

Her 2nd book will be out on the shelves shortly...takes place in Ocean City, New Jersey...same leading character....Ann Yang, medical examiner.

After a few changes, the book will be published soon...called...by Kelly Jameson

Glass Wishes

Set in Ocean City, NJ, and tacks back and forth between the present and 1945. Three soldiers come back from the Philippines after WWII and try to pick up the pieces of their fragile lives in the beach resort town. They are soon involved in investigating a series of shocking murders. All three share a strange relationship with an exotic dancer who has her own secrets.

I think if you take the time to read her, she's right up there with Paterson...you won't be disappointed.

thank you for taking the time to read...I'm very excited for her...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Short Story from my Friend Kelly

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary