navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Please let me know
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Please let me know Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA

0 posted 2007-04-13 11:06 PM

I know it's been awhile since I've been here, I read often, just no time to do much else, and, I apologize for being here now when I need a little help. But, here I am, running home and asking for help.  Below is a poem I wrote for a friend of mine, her ex-husband passed away and she asked me to write a poem for his memorial cards (We were all friends and our kids grew up together)...She is taking care of all of it because they were still friends and he is the father of her 2 sons, and he has no one else.  The boys are 17 & 21, and the circumstances surrounding their dads death wasn't pretty.  He was 53, and a diabetic...he went for a walk on February 12, and never came home.  His body was found on February 22 frozen, all but his head covered with snow.  We live in western NY and we got a couple of feet in the first couple of days he was missing, thankfully a couple of cross country skiers found him.  Anyway, it was sad and horrible, and the boys decided they wanted to have a memorial service on his birthday which is next Friday!  The pine tree he was found under for some reason means a lot to them and that is what she wanted me to write about...can you please tell me if this is ok, or how I might be able to change it...I just feel really unsure ... Thanks in advance.  Bonnie

Majestic Pines

You walked along that familiar path,
The snow softly swirling around,
Dressing the pine in a winter white coat,
Providing a shelter, of sorts, on the ground.
Your love for nature guided you,
To this place ~ ~ and to this pine,
When you tired it seemed the perfect place,
To sit for a while and unwind.
To watch the cardinals huddling,
As they settled in for the night,
And to see the winter sunset,
For you, a magnificent sight…
This stately pine watched over you,
Angel’s wings gently brushed your sleeve,
Under the stars, where you’d want to be,
As you grew weary and had to leave.

© Copyright 2007 Bonnie Church - All Rights Reserved
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

1 posted 2007-04-14 08:46 AM

I think it's very touching, Bonnie. I'm sure they will appreciate its gentle love.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2007-04-14 09:01 AM

HelloSweetLady~
I think it is poignantly lovely and would be a most welcomed word-memory for them to have~

Good to see you my friend~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -             noles1@totcon.com

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2007-04-14 09:33 AM

Bonnie, I cannot think of a tribute more worthy of this gentle man.  My prayers extend to your friends and their families.
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
4 posted 2007-04-14 12:27 PM

Yes, this is very poignant and caring. A beautiful tribute.

Love,
Margherita

latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
5 posted 2007-04-16 06:12 AM

Looks and reads perfect to me.His ex wife and his sons and will appreciate you for writing this. martyjo
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2007-04-16 06:23 AM

It is beautiful, and a loving tribute of quiet dignity and respect for the last moments of a human's earthly stay.
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2007-04-17 07:06 PM

Beautifully done.  I'm sure they'll be more than pleased with your thoughtful tribute.

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Please let me know

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary