navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Northbrook Illinois Public Open Mic
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Northbrook Illinois Public Open Mic Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Huan Yi
Member Ascendant
since 2004-10-12
Posts 6688
Waukegan

0 posted 2007-04-08 05:33 PM

On Sunday, May 6 from 2:00 until 4:30 P.M., the northern chapter of ISPS and the Northbrook Public Library will co-host a poetry reading of all ISPS members and a public open mic. This special gathering will include poetry rounds open to members followed by public readings based on a sign-in list. Light refreshments will be served. The library is located at 1201 Cedar Lane at the corner of Cedar and Cherry. Members are asked to RSVP to Susan T. Moss, stm48@hotmail.com or 847.475.6156.
The last similar event was a great success with presentations from ten ISPS members representing both chapters and a good response from several enthusiastic non-members.

http://www.illinoispoets.org/index.htm#nbreading

For those in the area

It’s nice to imagine them overwhelmed . . .

I myself don’t care for the usual poetry meetings themselves
believing poetry is better read and heard in the head
still here is an opportunity to be at the back of the room
to listen to what’s currently going on.

I wouldn’t make an expedition of it though;
only if you’re dry and have nothing better to do.

John

© Copyright 2007 John Pawlik - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Northbrook Illinois Public Open Mic

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary