navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » For Veteran's Day
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic For Veteran's Day Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2006-11-10 01:57 PM

The original post didn't work, so I will wish anyone who efvery served in uniform from all of thye countries represented on PIP a very happy Veteran's Day.

You may burn my flag... only after you wrap yourself in it first. www.myspace.com/mindlesspoet

[This message has been edited by Ringo (11-10-2006 10:53 PM).]

© Copyright 2006 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
1 posted 2006-11-11 02:11 AM

And me, too, Ringo.  Thanks for posting this.  Thanks to all you Veterans.  *hugs*
Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
2 posted 2006-11-11 08:46 AM

Thank you Ringo.
Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve our countries.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
3 posted 2006-11-11 06:49 PM

(angel friendship and support hugs for all military families) God Bless You, Ringo, for this wonderful dedication, as I too honor your whole family who continues to make this brave, noble sacrifice generation through generation and their selfless, honorable dedication for this land of the free.

Though I have and always will have honored our brave young men and women in uniform on this day, this Veterans Day has been an especially emotional one for me, as this is the first Veterans Day since my cousin Jeremy Shank was killed September 6th in Balad, Iraq, who was a corporal on a dismounted security patrol when he encountered enemy forces using small arms.

I've thought about her family every day since hearing the tragic news, and it especially breaks my heart imagining how his mother Debbie copes emotionally with the loss, especially when she has continued to go through heavily emotional highs and lows since her ugly car accident eight years ago which has psychologically affected her ever since. (wipes tear)

That's exactly why, as producer of the KBOO Evening News, I believe it's crucial that our young men and women in uniform deserve to know that they inspire us back home, and that's why I balance the newscast between airing the ugly truths of the war in general with the wonderful, positive things our young men and women do for communities alla cross Iraq. I've aired stories about six elementary and middle schools being remodeled and reopened in Kirkuk thanks to on-ground efforts by U.S soldiers. I've aired stories about new health care facilities being opened by troops in the Wassit Province. I've aired stories about this new new surgical and pregnancy wing in northern Baghdad. I've aired stories about this deaf 3-year old Iraqi girl named Amina being taken to Miami by Army Special Forces doctor Col. Warner Anderson, so she can receive a cochlear implant that has helped her hear again. And I've consistently aired stories like these since I first started volunteering there.

God Bless all our veterans, old and new, this day!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other"

Mother Teresa

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » For Veteran's Day

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary