navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Illustrated Journals... watercolor, pen & ink, and cybercolorized
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Illustrated Journals... watercolor, pen & ink, and cybercolorized Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

0 posted 2006-06-05 01:12 AM

OK so I bought this journal which was supposed to be OK for watercolor and pen & ink stuff but as it turned out, the paper didn't work very well for watercolor because it bled to the other side so what I did was to create these pen& ink drawings then scan them in and colorize them using photoshop and here's what I have so far... The journal is really pretty large ... 18 x 24 or something... spiral-bound with a leather-like cover...

Hand-Eye Coordination

© Copyright 2006 doreen_peri - All Rights Reserved
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

1 posted 2006-06-05 01:12 AM

Happy Man

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

2 posted 2006-06-05 01:13 AM

Hiding #2

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

3 posted 2006-06-05 01:13 AM

Mother Earth

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

4 posted 2006-06-05 01:13 AM

Palm Reading

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

5 posted 2006-06-05 01:14 AM

Why?

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

6 posted 2006-06-05 01:14 AM

And so, I got FRUStrated as hell because the watercolors didn't work on the sketch pad (which the company assured me that the paper was OK for watercolors but hell, ya get what ya pay for I guess and I bought CHEAP.. lol.. and it didn't work because the paper buckled up and it was a MESS but not as much of a mess as me trying to paint acrylics or oils on canvas. At least it wasn't THAT bad!

Sooo... I bought a 12-page-watercolor-journal also spiral-bound but this time very small.. it's something like only 7" x 10". There are only 12 sheets of watercolor paper in the journal and it's spiral bound with a black leather-like cover. Between the sheets are blank sheets of plain paper. I think I'm going to add hand-written poems to the regular sheets.

So, this is my first one... Watercolor w/ pen & ink

"Pink peonies in a blue vase" - clever title, huh? lol

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

7 posted 2006-06-05 01:16 AM

Here's page 2.. Ok don't laugh, alright? I can't draw a straight line.  LOL!!!

This one's called "Two Chairs, A Glass Table, Watercolor Brushes and a Ladder to the Sunset" (hahaha... another clever title.. I guess I figure I better tell people what it is in case they can't see it.. heh.. i crack myself up)

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
8 posted 2006-06-05 01:38 AM

That last one became a visual game to me, read your email and tell me how many letter A you see in that picture when you are done okay?

Great stuff lady - you crack me up too but in a good kinda way.  Your use of color is awesome!

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
9 posted 2006-06-05 01:48 AM

Doreen, everything about you is uniquely creative. Lots of whimsy and jazzmatazz! ~ and I concur with the Mysterious One, "your use of colour is awesome"!
Painter

Linda
Flowers

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

10 posted 2006-06-05 02:32 AM

Here's Sharon's A list... lol...
Great! I LOVE this! Can I add to it?
I donno!!! I can't belive you took the time to do this!....You're AAAAAOOOOOOOKKKKKKK inmybook!

Linda...... I'd love to get to know you better.. thank you for the encouraging words! Unique? Well hell, I HOPE so! We ALL are... which is why you are so special!

Love ya both!

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

11 posted 2006-06-05 02:50 AM

PS... just wanted to let everybody know that I TRIED to put all of this in ONE post.. (except my reply to Sharon and Linda .. which included Sharon's numbered A thing.. lol... )... but it didn't work when I pushed "preview"!  It reminded me of the other night when I tried to put several links in one post and it didn't work so I had to ask the management to delete the entire thread because I made such an A of myself. ... This time, I figured out that one link per post works the best and that's why I did it that way... LOVE, peace, & watercolors
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
12 posted 2006-06-05 03:20 AM

wow
love the dynamite colors
and 'fun' feelings these give me

good to see your other art forms
they are as pzazzy as the music and poetry dor

that journal shouts:
open sez me and see
living breathing 3D ART

do you sculpt too???

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

13 posted 2006-06-05 01:22 PM

Sharon - I found 4 more A's. heh...

Kacy - I'm a dilletente (donno if I spelled that right)... a dabbler... jill with an interest in many trades, master of none. Do I sculpt? Well I made a ceramic bowl when I was in high school. Does that count? Oh and I have a friend who's a wire scuptor and I played with his wires and tried to make a face out of it. I was thinking making mobiles might be fun. Thanks for looking at my cartoons. Life is a cartoon sometimes. That's how I see it! Glad you found them upbeat and fun!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2006-06-05 01:49 PM

Doreen, you forgot the little > at the end

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

15 posted 2006-06-05 03:02 PM

"Doreen, you forgot the little > at the end "

ummm..... I forgot the > at the end of what?

lol

I don't get it.

love,
doe-doe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Illustrated Journals... watercolor, pen & ink, and cybercolorized

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary