navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Cabaradio @ the Capital Fringe Festival - July 29th & 30th
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cabaradio @ the Capital Fringe Festival - July 29th & 30th Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

0 posted 2006-05-24 01:20 AM

Will you be in the DC area this summer?

We're going to be doing a show with live music, spoken word poetry, dance and comedy so come on out if you're in the DC area end of July!

It's called....... >> CABARADIO! at the Capital Fringe Festival

It will be part of the very first Fringe Festival in DC!
Read more about the festival here
>> The Capital Fringe Festival

Fringe Festivals have been going on in cities all over the world for many years. We're excited to be part of this! You can read more about Fringe Festivals around the world here ... >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_festival

I'm going to do some poetry probably and dance and play the piano and sing and pretty much make a fool of myself.   It's going to be loads of fun! The festival goes from July 20th to July 30th with over 400 performances by various different groups, so come on out enjoy it say hi, OK? There will be a wide variety of different types of performances to see! When I get more info about other shows at the festival, I'll stop by here and share with ya!

© Copyright 2006 doreen_peri - All Rights Reserved
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
1 posted 2006-05-24 09:44 AM

Wish I was!  
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

2 posted 2006-05-24 01:08 PM

I wish you could be here, too, Martie!  If you could? I'd save you a front row seat and invite you up on stage to recite your beautiful poetry!
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2006-05-24 03:15 PM

Shudder!  I'm shy!  Do you really live in California?
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

4 posted 2006-05-24 03:40 PM

heh... nope.. I live in no. virginia near DC.

Apparently as a "guest" here, when I post, my location shows up as the same location as the last person who posted to the thread so since I've been back here posting as a guest, I've lived all over the world, apparently! Pretty darn cool! First time in my life I've been a world traveler, even cyberly. lol!

You wouldn't be shy if you were there and saw how casual and fun the whole thing is... it's an "improvaganza!" ... anything can happen... everybody laughing and having fun and messing up their lines. That's the fun part!

Hope you're feeling better today and every day. Wish I were in California. I'd come visit you and bring you flowers.

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

5 posted 2006-05-24 05:23 PM

Wow, wish I could be there!  I have a friend living in VA, close to DC, I bet she would be able to find it easily, she used to work in D.C. and knows her way around really well there.  I will have to let her know it's going on, she may just show up there! If she does, I know she will stop by to check it out.  Have fun!
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
6 posted 2006-05-24 05:32 PM

lol, so Dor, by that splainin to Martie
you must live in PA
mine used to say OR but I took out the ref

kewlll

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

7 posted 2006-05-24 05:37 PM

Gentle Spirit- Very cool! Thanks for sharing the link with her about our show and the whole festival! Should be a hot time in the old town this summer! Hope she comes out! Wish you could be here, too!

Kacy - Well, let's see where I live after I post this, OK? lol

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

8 posted 2006-05-24 05:38 PM

Looks like I don't live anywhere, just like you since you're above me and you're locationless.

heh

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
9 posted 2006-05-24 08:02 PM

now that's a new one! I am usually called a gypsy spirit, a wanderer, but now?
I am locationless. I love it!

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

10 posted 2006-05-25 10:22 AM

With any luck, maybe I can go on vacation and visit her.  Who knows, we may just both end up there.  Man, what fun that would be!!  Oh, I checked out your other link too, it gave me an awesome bluesy feeling!
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
11 posted 2006-05-25 11:32 PM

Verrrry impressive! ~ and exciting! My goodness, you are one talented impressario and entrepreneur!

Wish I could be there to soak up the atmosphere and see ~ and hear! ~ you perform!

Bonne chance! ~ and enjoy!

Linda
Flowers

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

12 posted 2006-05-26 07:17 PM

Genle Spirit - that would be fantastic if you and your friend could come! Crossing my fingers! Let me know, OK? And thanks for listening to my wailing... lol... Hope I didn't hurt yer ears too badly I sing solo. (So low a lotta people woudn't wanna hear me.) Happy to blues ya!

Linda - I wish you could be here too! It would be great if you could!  I had to look up impresario... hmmm... Is that what I've become!? Ya think if I sponsor enough people one day somebody will sponsor me? It's an idea anyway. lol .. You are a dear! Come on down if ya can, ok? We'll trip the night fantastic.

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

13 posted 2006-06-20 12:32 PM

Well, I had the ultimate nightmare last night. I knew it was coming because I'm not at all prepared for next month's Cabaradio show.

You know the one. Curtain goes up? You don't know your lines.

We were at the theater and the audience was ready for the show and nobody in the show was prepared. It was worse than just me not being prepared. Not one person in the show knew what they were supposed to be doing. It was a total fiasco.

Bing Crosby was there. Yeah, I know he's dead but he was in my dream and he had a wireless microphone and a CD. He handed me the CD and asked me to take it to the booth so they could play it for him. It was his accompaniment. I was so upset that we hadn't given the tech person in the booth the CD in advance! This was Bing Crosby, after all! I ran the CD up to the booth but our tech guy wasn't there! Instead, there were 4 teenagers sitting on the equipment. I handed one of them the CD and said, "Put this on for Bing Crosby! Hurry!" and one of them put it in the CD player and pushed play and the loudest, most obnoxious headbanging metal music started to play!

I met Bing back on the stage and he said, "I'm sorry, Doreen. I can't sing to that." I motioned for the boys in the booth to turn it off.

Bing was sooooo professional and casual about the whole thing. He looked at me and said, "Doreen, I have an idea! Why don't you accompany me on the piano?" By this time, the audience was talking among themselves and laughing. I said, "Sure, Bing! What would you like me to play?" He didn't answer me so I sat down at the piano anyway. But, just like in real life, I couldn't figure out how to play anything!

Next thing I knew, I was in the wings talking to LR who had a roster of the performers in his hand. "When do I go on?," I asked, and we looked at the roster together but couldn't find my name. Funny thing was, none of the performers listed were performers I had scheduled to be in the show. I didn't recognize any of the names. "Who put this roster together?," I asked. "Pete," LR told me. "Who the heck is Pete?" I asked, and LR pointed back stage and assured me that Pete was back there and knew what he was doing.

By this time, several different performers had come on stage and made fools of themselves, playing music off-key, not remembering the lyrics, and getting angry at each other for screwing up.

The audience was noticably moved!

They all got up and left.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
14 posted 2006-06-20 01:35 PM

Oh, and you must tell us what you had before bed, your dreams are way funnier than mine.

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

15 posted 2006-06-21 12:52 PM

What did I have before bed?
I had a dose of the mystery
which mixed everything I ever said –
doubled it up, poured it on the rocks,
drank it down like a memory of matter,
splattered myself on the pavement
with a bravado, ended up toast –
the most of me like a reverie to wonder
and intrigue, spread sandwiched between
sweetness and peanut oil,.... this goil
gotta little bit of a lesson, for sure, the demure
being became a little obscure and dreams took
over, lying on my back laughing, the backlash
of a plan damning the recording and though
I would never be avoiding any of this at all,
you asked, and so I'll tell,
the well was deep and I was tall
and I dipped into a definitive dream
trying to detrmine what was actual or in between,
wondering whether it was something that I ate
or I read...

and that's what I did
before I went to bed.

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
16 posted 2006-06-21 02:22 AM

I am way too tard to do all that!  I will just stick to my ice cream I think.

You lady are a bona fide nutcase.

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

17 posted 2006-06-21 11:53 AM

Geesh. And I thought I was a poet.

Go figure.

Damn.

lol

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
18 posted 2006-06-21 12:47 PM

quote:
I would never be avoiding any of this at all,
you asked, and so I'll tell,
the well was deep and I was tall
and I dipped into a definitive dream
trying to determine what was actual or in between,
wondering whether it was something that I ate
or I read...
  I kinda knew that you were da poet Dor!

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

19 posted 2006-06-23 02:39 AM

Here's a link to the Captial Fringe Festival schedule of over 300 performances from July 20 - 30 by 100+ companies...
http://www.theatermania.com/content/festival_sortable.cfm?festival=8

Hope y'all come out to enjoy the variety of arts entertainment offered at various venues!

Here's a link to our show on the TheaterMania site
http://www.theatermania.com/content/show.cfm/show/122046

online ticket purchases coming soon (or so I hear)

It's an ARTS Festival in DC! The VERY first Fringe Festival here! What's not to like?

Here's a link to info about Fringe Festivals all over the world ....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_festival

doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

20 posted 2006-06-23 02:43 AM

oh and i love you, mysteria... thank you for recognizing my insanity and poetic confusion... heh.. you're a dear! (got a slot for ya in the show!!!  can ya come???? I've been trying to write some comedy but to no avail... arghhhh.... time is short and i'm much taller when i wear my high-heal sandals but i'm afraid i need quips to script this show and your talent is so very welcome!)
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

21 posted 2006-06-23 02:46 AM

Please Note - high-heal instead of high-heel was an intended pun. Don't ask me to explain unless you want me to.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Cabaradio @ the Capital Fringe Festival - July 29th & 30th

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary