navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » another fighter for the cause
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic another fighter for the cause Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA

0 posted 2006-02-01 05:09 AM

Greetings citizens(or denizens) of the piptalk forums.
I be desert-spike.

I haven't been able to compose poetry in well over a year...actually it's going on two years now I think.
My well just up and dried up.

I was surfing the net eariler tonight(when it was still technically night), looking for some writers block advice cus I am in the middle of a new short story, and mine engine has siezed.
Then I saw Piptalk on google. I said to myself, "Self, whaddehya think? This isn't exactly what we're lookin' for, but it might be the thing to drill a new poetry well, since the last one turned into the cacti version of Mirkwood."
To which myself replied "Well, sure what the hey, we might even be surprised at what turns up."

So here we..I mean I are...erm...am.

Hail and greetings!

© Copyright 2006 Gabriel T. Unbehaun - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2006-02-01 05:58 AM

quote:
...it might be the thing to drill a new poetry well...

Welcome to Passions!

Your reference to a well is apropos...

and you've probably found yourself a new poet's home.

Enjoy yourself, have a good time, and if you have any questions - contact a Moderator! We're here to help.

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2006-02-01 06:42 AM

You talk to yourself?

Hmmm...

Seems you'll fit right in then.

"Yes." I said to myself. "Seems like a good match!"

Welcome to PiP...Check out all the forums (we have a challenge forum to jog your muse).

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2006-02-01 09:53 AM

Spike~
Welcome to our community of poetic friends~
We are glad you decided to drill for ink with us~

Noticed you said you are working on a 'short story' ... we have a Prose forum for you to share it with us when it's completed~

Meanwhile ... pull up a comfy chair and visit all the wonderful rooms in our 'home'~
You will find many talented poets here that are sure to add a drop or two of inspire to your well of ink~

Have a beautifully inspired day~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -   noles1@totcon.com

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
4 posted 2006-02-01 12:16 PM

*smile*

Being here has made me write, again.
You will see.

So much inspiration.

Welcome!

(heh, cacti versions of Mirkwood - been to those places myself)

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2006-02-01 03:45 PM

LOL, I'm already enjoying your sense of whimsical humor. Welcome!
desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
6 posted 2006-02-01 04:09 PM

Wow, I wasn't expecting any replies to this. You people a great, thanx!

On the matter of the short story, I wouldn't want to risk getting busted, as said story is very muchly erotica.
I did notice that there is a mature section, but I never know when something is too much.

Anyway, allow me to furher my intro.

My categories for stories are mostly fantasy, gothic-but not neccessarily horror-some sci-fi, the occasional bit o humor, and erotica, And of course there are cross genre and parodies.

For poetry, I used to write just about everything.
But that is another story in and of itself...a very boring, and drawn out story.

Thanx once more for the warm welcome, I'm duely impressed. Had I a hat I'd tip it.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
7 posted 2006-02-01 05:27 PM

hehe, we have that icon
just type in
: hatsoff:
but close up the space between the : and the h

or see the quick view list below, for available smilies

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
8 posted 2006-02-01 07:15 PM

Welcome desert spike!!  I really enjoy your sense of humor...my well is a bit dry lately too, so I understand how it can get to you.  As for erotica in prose, you can post it in the mature section.  I'll look for it.  Again, welcome to Passions!
desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
9 posted 2006-02-01 09:06 PM

Well Martie hopefully I will have it up no later than the middle of next week, provided of course that I get admission into the mature section.

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
10 posted 2006-02-01 09:47 PM

Spike~
Good that you mentioned the content of your short story ... just knock three times to the Admins and they'll grant you entrance with a password~

I'll miss that one, as I don't frequent the 'mature' forums ... but, I will enjoy watching for your poetry in the Open (to the general public) forums~

THANK YOU for noticing that there ARE 'mature' forums ...
simply emailing one of the ADMINS for those forums and receiving a password, after proving your age, will get you in~

Thank you for taking the time to tour PiP and read the guidelines ... many new members don't do that and end up wondering why in this world we'd move or delete a poem from the forums~

Family-oriented, we are~

ENJOY your stay ... and if you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to email one of the ADMINS, or Moderators~
That's what we're here for~
(LOL ... well, the real reason we're here is to get the chance to share POETRY and PROSE~)

You'll love it here ... Honest Injun !!!
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
11 posted 2006-02-02 07:19 AM

Hi Spike~
Well what a welcome you've received and as you've noticed they're a great bunch of people here at passions.

So welcome and enjoy! I hope to see some poetry from you - maybe

~hugs~
Tracie

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe
                        — W. E. Channing

ThisDiamond
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-02-22
Posts 9353
Michigan, USA
12 posted 2006-02-02 12:49 PM

Welcome to Passions:

You will fit right in!

Appreciated your reply to my poem, and now that I have found your beginning thread, it makes even more sense to me.

No matter what we as artists put our hand to, I believe it is the picture that we paint that readers take away with them.

For your writers block...you might try a little tactic that I often use...may work for you as well...I call it FLURB...

Begin in a pure space...somewhere that usually relaxes your mind...take your tablet with you.  For thirty minutes, write nothing...listen...use all of your senses.
Then...write words to the paper...just words...make them up if needed (flurb)...

When you return to your quil...computer...or nest...draw the picture.  Usually works for me.  Hope it helps you.

TD

desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
13 posted 2006-02-02 03:17 PM

Thanx Marge. I am in love with Passions already (and I gained mature access last night...the secret knock worked, I couldn't believe it...The bouncer Rudy was a bit suspicious at first, but I slipped him a 50 spot ~.^ )

Anytime TD, and thanx for the tip, I'll employ that.

Marge Tindal
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
14 posted 2006-02-02 04:04 PM

Spike~
Heck fire, for a 50 spot ... I'll take the 'bouncer' position ... it pays better than moderating !!!

Have a great time ... which it already looks like you're doing~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

desert-spike
since 2006-02-01
Posts 194
TX/USA
15 posted 2006-02-02 05:09 PM

Oh I'm having a blast.

The world is my sandbox (Good thing I'm not a cat huh?)

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
16 posted 2006-02-02 09:38 PM

Yup.

" It matters not this distance now  " Excerpt, Yesterday's Love
~*~
KRJ

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
17 posted 2006-02-02 10:33 PM

Welcome to Passions!
I know you will love it here
as much as we will enjoy having you.
Looking forward to reading your work.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
18 posted 2006-02-03 03:52 AM

Welcome, Spike!  I see you've already got the hang of things...lol!
sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
19 posted 2006-02-03 10:15 AM

Welcome to the family!  I'd dare anyone to find a warmer, more supportive, tolarant place than this. What you've found testing the waters here, only intensifies as you get more deeply involved.  

Ron does so much for us, it really keeps us in line and appreciative.

Rae

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » another fighter for the cause

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary