navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New member says hello
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic New member says hello Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Anne Shiever
since 2006-01-10
Posts 21
KS/USA

0 posted 2006-01-10 09:00 PM

Hello dear friends,

I just wanted to wish a warm hello as a new member to your wonderful group.  I can tell from what I have been reading here already that I will feel at home here among friends and fellow authors/poets.

I'm from Salina KS. I write poetry and I am working on a couple of novels in my spare time, too.  I also do artwork and jewelry designing.  I have owned and operated a small gift store here since 1984 where I create new and unique gifts and also sell books by Kansas authors and other authors around the globe. My major occupation is a full-time evening shift job as a supervisor for Saline County Jail.  Between two jobs, writing is my true source of escape and relaxation.

I am a member of the Kansas Author's Club which will celebrate it's 102nd year.  I took over the Co-Vice Presidency for 2006 for District #4 this year and we will host the Annual State Convention at the end of September-October.

I also joined some wonderful poets in the Prairie Inkwells Group of KS and look forward to more meetings with them as my work schedule permits me to do so.  The authors are warm-hearted, kind, and sincere people who are also members of this site.  It is an honor to meet them and get to know them.

As for literary work, I have a few books of my own on the market, and have a sincere passion for "writing poetry"!  Most of my work has been archived in the Spencer KS Library and Museum in Lawrence KS as a part of Kansas history in the Kansas Author's Collection thanks to the KAC.

My latest book released on October 7th, 2005 was self-published and spiral bound which is entitled "CAPTIVATED", In the Heart Of Love & Romance.  It was Nominated on Jan 6, 2006 as one of the Best Poetry Books of 2005 by Muses Review. It is my first attempt at writing romance poems.  Most of my work up until now has been more on the inspirational side of life.

My other book of poetry which is available on-line {INSIDE MY HEART, MIND & SOUL} has two poems nominated for the best poem of 2005 by Muses Review entitled 'The Clown', and 'Oh Mystical Lady' and I will share both of those with you at a later time.  

I definitely want to become a better writer, so help me out when you think something might need 'tweeked' a bit here and there.  I will post some of my work later on, but I want to read some of the wonderful work here, first and get to know some of you here before I jump in with both feet.

I hope that I will develop some lifelong friendships here, and grow with the rest of you as we all learn new techniques together.

That's about all I can think of for a brief bio as a new member to your group.

{My son built me a personal webpage and it is his first so it needs updated quite a bit, but if you wander here and there on the internet you can learn more about me there.}

I look forward to being here with you often.  Blessings to you and yours

Always and forever
A somewhat shy, but friendly poet

Anne Shiever

© Copyright 2006 Anne Shiever - All Rights Reserved
Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
1 posted 2006-01-10 09:08 PM

Welcome aboard! A very impressive bio and I look forward to reading your poetry! You are bound to make friends ~ because you are so open and friendly! ~ and you are passionate about poetry!

Warm, welcoming hugs,
Earth Angel

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2006-01-10 09:14 PM

Linda,

She is indeed a very warm and friendly spirit poet.  Anne, we are all looking forward to your first offerings here at PiP.  Please, let us know if you ever have any questions!

Welcome to Passions!

"There's a reason they call God The Creator - he sides with talent." Julia Cameron

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
3 posted 2006-01-10 09:33 PM

Welcome, welcome!  Wow, sounds like we're blessed with another accomplished writer.  Is there a way you can send a piece of that talent my way? I'm impressed and anxious to read your work.  You'll love it here.

Rae

Anne Shiever
since 2006-01-10
Posts 21
KS/USA
4 posted 2006-01-10 09:50 PM

Thanks everyone.  I hope I can learn more from all of you, and continue to grow with my shy but spirtied muse.  I don't know much about getting around in forums, so if I stubble in your area, just pick me up and push me in the right direction.

Anne Shiever

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
5 posted 2006-01-10 09:55 PM

Welcome to PiP!

I hope you enjoy it here.

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
6 posted 2006-01-10 10:42 PM

Welcome, there are so many talented people here, I don't even know where to start.  Looking forward to reading you.
Bridget Shenachie
since 2002-01-23
Posts 1056
Kansas USA
7 posted 2006-01-10 11:32 PM

Hi Anne!

I'm delighted to find you in these pages.  I think that you will feel right at home in the midst of many kindred spirits.

Shenachie

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
8 posted 2006-01-11 12:03 PM

Anne, Kansas does surely grow some fine writers!  Welcome too PIP!  jo
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
9 posted 2006-01-11 12:08 PM

Well, those credentials fall a little short of what we normally require from new members but, since you are from Salina, we will make an exception in this case

WELCOME!!!

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
10 posted 2006-01-11 12:19 PM

Anne....welcome to passions.  I'm looking forward to reading your poetry.  
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
11 posted 2006-01-11 09:39 AM

Wow...you should be very proud of your accomplishments Anne !!
Can't wait to read some of your beautiful work.
Welcome to the Passions family !!
Chris/Nightshade

Fee
since 2000-08-07
Posts 381
Melbourne, Australia
12 posted 2006-01-18 05:35 AM

Welcome, you surely have found a place that you will soon call home.

The love within these pages are enough to warm the sun for eternity.

Hugs Fee

Expressions,
are the most important aspects, they create impressions

0'.".'0  Just
((T))    Thinking
(..)(..) Of you
(```)_(```)

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

13 posted 2006-01-18 05:48 AM

Anne, may i add my welcome to you to this fine poerty group. I will look forard to reading your poetry and replying to it in the coming weeks...welcome....

Goldenrose.

Desire for nothing except desirelessness,hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes, want nothing and you will have everything.avatar Meher Baba.

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
14 posted 2006-01-18 08:12 PM

Just ignore Balladeer. Unless of course you like superb writing. Although rumor has he is looking for a girlfriend which would explain why he is showing his better side to you. AND WELCOME!

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
15 posted 2006-01-18 11:27 PM

Who is spreading nasty, vicious, true rumors like that?!?!?!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New member says hello

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary