navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Passions Heart (a little one)
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Passions Heart (a little one) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lucky
since 2000-01-17
Posts 1601
Idaho

0 posted 2005-12-24 03:13 AM

Passions Heart

For those of you that haven’t heard our house caught fire on the 16th. due to faulting wiring. We knew the house was old so I don’t want to cast blame on anybody as I don’t know who it was that installed it. The fire department wanted to cut the lines and I couldn’t / wouldn’t let them. We have livestock and I knew they would have to have water and if the lines were cut there would be no power for the well. Reluctantly they left it on. It was quite a shock to find that there wasn’t any electricians who wanted to take on the job. Electricians are getting about $95 dollars an hour in these parts and most are more than happy to take your money. We’ve called everyone in the telephone book which amounts to less than 50. (most are out for the holidays and lets face it with less than fifty listings, there’s just not any electricains to speak of in these parts.) One Guy came out and told us he would be right back and have something up and running for us the same day. (never returned)

Well what it boiles down to is, I’m asking for a little prayer and that God will guide these old hands and fingers and I can get at least the nursery up and running for Rosemary. My father was a contractor and I’m well aware of the damage and the risk of turning things on and possibly causing another fire, and even though it’s about 10? below 0? I’m sure I can and know how do it not that I want to, and yes we are covered....... but...........there’s just no one here but me.

best friends best finds, (lucky) dale

Speaking of ghosts, wouldn't you know here comes mine again...
~Rosemary J. Gwaltney~

© Copyright 2005 Dale W. Gwaltney - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2005-12-24 06:38 AM

You're most definitely in my prayers.  I have worked with cow-calf herds and know it to be a tricky business at best - one just doesn't let them "get by"...

So you've got my heart, to God's ear!

littlewing
Member Rara Avis
since 2003-03-02
Posts 9655
New York
2 posted 2005-12-24 10:23 AM

Dale?

What is inside your heart will carry you through this solution.

Lighting candles for you and your family.

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
3 posted 2005-12-24 10:45 AM

Dale and Rosemary...My thoughts and prayers are with you....please be careful!  Let us know.  
scorpio
Member Ascendant
since 2002-10-02
Posts 5178
right...there
4 posted 2005-12-24 12:19 PM

You are in my prayers Lucky.  I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I do hope you will be careful and successful.

believe in what your heart feels...

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
5 posted 2005-12-24 12:22 PM

praying for a quick recovery from the fire and the finding of an electrician to help you.

M

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
6 posted 2005-12-26 08:25 PM

Oh my, I'm so sorry to learn of your fire, but thank God no one was hurt.  I'm terrified of fooling around with electrical as I only know how horrible the consequences can be if done wrong.  Right now, I'm asking our good Lord to watch over you and help you get things in order for the sake of your livestock, but moreso for your own safety.

God bless,

Rae

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
7 posted 2006-03-10 05:56 AM

I am sorry that I didn't learn of your trials and tribulations sooner. I could have been praying for you all of this time ~ and every prayer can certainly help.

Well, I'm a prayin' NOW!

EA

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Passions Heart (a little one)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary