navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My new poetry site... what do you think?
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic My new poetry site... what do you think? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kal525
since 2005-12-20
Posts 26

0 posted 2005-12-20 09:38 PM

Hello everyone.  I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but I'm guessing I am since the post is related to my own poetry.  I appologize if this post is misplaced.  After browsing through these forums it seems like they have quite a large following so I thought this would be a good place to share my material.

I first started writing poetry only a few years ago and didn't even realize that it was poetry at the time.  I just started by writing out my thoughts and eventually a sort of rhyme and meter developed to them.  I was reluctant to publish any of my works, only because a lot of them are close to my heart and personal life.  However, after showing a few people, they said that they were really good and inspiring, so I figured, why not share them with the rest of the world?

One of the reasons I decided to create my own site, as opposed to publishing or posting on other sites, is because I have an engineering background, so I'm fairly proficient at that sort of thing (an engineer who can write... go figure).  The second reason is that I need an escape from my technical profession.    One that involves something more... heartcentric - and what better escape than poetry?

So there you have it.  The site is still a work in progress, but I feel that it's ready for it's IPO.  My work is very varried, and a lot of it is complete freestyle.  I never studied poetic forms (regretably), but rather just wrote what came to me.  I would love to hear any advice / comments / criticisms (constructive ones) about either my site or my work.  There is also a comment option under each poem, so if you want you can directly post comments on my website.
www.lepoeme.com

I appreciate your time and am looking forward to not only your input, but also to becoming a part of this community.

Thanks,
Kal

© Copyright 2005 Kal525 - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2005-12-20 10:49 PM

I checked it out...your poetry is pretty good, you should post some here!
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2005-12-21 01:22 AM

Kal525, welcome to PIP!  You will love it here.  I checked out your site and enjoyed what you shared.  I will be looking forward to reading what you share here, too.
Kal525
since 2005-12-20
Posts 26

3 posted 2005-12-21 10:13 AM

I would love to post new poems here as I write them.  However, is that technically legal?  I read somewhere that you should never publish your work in more than one place.  Is there any merit to that statement?

The next question I have is about my poetry in general.  Most of it is in paragraph form because I find it distracting to worry about the form.  I would rather concentrate on the content.  Would they be easier to read if I grouped them into stanzas?  I could do this, but there would be no rhyme or reason to it.  It would just be for the sake of readability.

[This message has been edited by Kal525 (12-21-2005 11:01 AM).]

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2005-12-21 08:35 PM

I know people who post their poetry on a few different web sites, I'm pretty sure it's ok, as long as it's your original work.

As for the paragraph or stanzas? I think so it's easier to read, stanzas are best, and it doesn't have to rhyme... that's just my opinion though.

Earth Angel
Member Empyrean
since 2002-08-27
Posts 40215
Realms of Light
5 posted 2005-12-21 08:51 PM

Hi! I just checked out your web site and I really enjoyed your poetry! I hope that you will be posting here at Pip!

Your poems are vividly descriptive! Like SEA, I do find a poem easier to read if there is some visual form to it. i.e. stanzas

You most definitely have talent!

Love & Light,
Earth Angel

[This message has been edited by Earth Angel (12-22-2005 12:32 AM).]

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2005-12-21 10:37 PM

Kal~
I also checked out the poetry at your site~
You've got some nice poetic thoughts and I'm in total agreement that if they were formatted in stanzas they would be much easier to read and enjoy~

Many of us are 'all over the Internet' with our poetry ... so there is no problem with posting at several places~

You will find that PiPTalk is the friendliest and BESTEST poetry site on the Internet~

Hope you'll think about contributing some of yours here~

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*No matter what I search for ...
let me know when it is LOVE that I find*~ <))><

Email -         noles1@totcon.com       

Kal525
since 2005-12-20
Posts 26

7 posted 2005-12-22 09:00 AM

Thanks for the input guys.  I'm glad you like my work.

I took your advice and reformatted all of my poems into more logical stanzas.  You were definitely right - They are now much more easy and fun to read.  

Since publishing in multiple places doesn't seem to be a problem, I will definitely start posting some of my work on these forums.  I like what I've seen here so far.  Keep your eyes and hearts open.

Kal

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
8 posted 2005-12-22 02:12 PM

~*No matter what I search for ...
let me know when it is LOVE that I find*~ <))><

Email -         noles1@totcon.com       

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
9 posted 2006-01-07 11:34 PM

checked out your poetry and it was very good, flowed wonderfully and very expressive.

Hope to see more of you here, you will enjoy this community very much I'm sure....I've been to many forums over the years but this one is the BEST and after being away for awhile, I'm glad I'm back home. Hope you will feel the same...good luck!

~hugs~
Tracie

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » My new poetry site... what do you think?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary