navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New DJ In Town
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic New DJ In Town Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes

0 posted 2005-09-12 03:32 AM

Hello all,
Without going into too many details, I am formally announcing my retirement from the world of musical performance. I have been on stage in one form or another for the better part of 38 years, and it is time to give it a rest.

There is, however, a new venture on the higway:

I have been hired as an internet DJ on Mix Music Radio (http://64.141.76.72:8000/) on Mondays and Wednseday starting at 9:00 pm. The station is really new, and as a result isn't on all the time, so when you stop in to take a listen tonight, hit the site anywhere from 8:55pm until 11:00 pm. You need to have the winamp player in order to listen.

I will be taking requests on the show's Yahoo IM (ringoshairsalon) and through e-mail (ringoshairsalon@yahoo.com). You can also check the show out on my new MySpace.com page at (you guessed it) http://www.myspace.com/ringoshairsalon

See you there.

When all is said
All is done
Still I live
And carry on-
Quiet Riot

© Copyright 2005 Bradly Stott - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2005-09-12 10:43 AM

cool deal Ringo. Good luck!
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
2 posted 2005-09-12 11:07 AM

Awesome! Good for you Ringo. Congrats!!

Local Rebel
Member Ascendant
since 1999-12-21
Posts 5767
Southern Abstentia
3 posted 2005-09-12 08:37 PM

Keeping a band together gets to be like being married to 3 or 4 people.  And just about the time you get things going in the right direction somebody has a crisis and you're back to putting out ads for a replacement.

I quit for about 10 years once -- hardly ever cracked a case open.  Just figure out what you can do well solo, or collaborating with one or two people if you have them around... and PODCAST!  

break a leg

Greeneyes
Deputy Moderator 50 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-09-09
Posts 9903
In Your Poetic Mind
4 posted 2005-09-13 10:15 AM

Congrats Ringo....best of luck in this new adventure....

~~**~~
There are moments when speech
is but a mouth pressed lightly and
humbly against the angel's hands
~~**~~

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
5 posted 2005-09-13 03:19 PM

Thanks all...

The show didn't go last night because of a server challenge...
The show officially kicks off tomorrow at 9:00 pm eastern time.

I have been able to do more work on the show, so come on out and have a great time listening to great music.

When all is said
All is done
Still I live
And carry on-
Quiet Riot

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » New DJ In Town

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary