navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » This Is Temptress/Jenn
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic This Is Temptress/Jenn Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
She
since 2002-11-29
Posts 41
Wishing On A Northern Star

0 posted 2005-09-05 10:15 PM

hello everyone. I am in Gulfport, and I don't know what else to say at this point, but....

WOW!
I have learned SOOO much from all that is going on around me right now. I have extremely limited internet access, but wanted to say hello to everyone.

Will everyone just PLEASE pray for our community, State, and Federal leaders right now? There seems to be an an issue with organization, but things are still getting to where they need to go, thank goodness.  I give our military most of the credit for that one at this point.

I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones to have water, power, and a place to stay right now. The water was on a few days after, and the power just came on today.  It was scary not knowing when things would begin to happen.

The apartment where I was staying with a roomate didn't fare so well. The roof caved in on a portion of the place. (I wasn't there, thankfully) On the positive side, my important belongings were not damaged. I'll still have pictures to show my children some day. Of course I got ALL of my poetry and anything to do with any of my writing out to begin with.  

We still have a long way to go here in Gulfport. I am ready to get back to work (a week off is plenty for me)or get out there and volunteer my time.  It was very odd to have so much news for a week and not be able to see any of it. I didn't know anything beyond what we heard on the radio or what we heard from around the neighborhood.  

The amazing thing is support from other states.
Thanks to:

Florida
Michigan
Kentucky
Texas
Tennessee
Ohio
Georgia
Alabama
Nevada

I am sure there are lots of others I haven't noticed yet.

Pray for us!

I think I'll go for now and see if I have some time to go exploring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KAREN! I tried to call at some point during all of this, but the phone lines are an absolute nightmare as I am sure you know. I've been worried about you, and it is certainly a relief to come here and read that you are safe!

© Copyright 2005 She - All Rights Reserved
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
1 posted 2005-09-05 10:33 PM

So happy to hear you are okay. We who are watching T.V. news day and night can not really imagine what has been going on. All are praying and getting things together and trying to help in what ever way we can. Thanks for checking in. marty jo
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-09-05 10:37 PM

Temptress!  We're so glad you've checked in, and that you are "safe", so to speak.  Keep us updated as you can!  
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2005-09-05 10:42 PM

We've been concerned about you, Jenn - Thank you for checking in.  I'm glad you're well and safe.  A Sigh of relief from Massachusetts...
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
4 posted 2005-09-05 10:54 PM

It's good to hear from you! We were worried about you. Good to know everything is ok. Do you need anything? Check in when you can Jenn!
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
5 posted 2005-09-05 11:33 PM

I'm so glad that you are ok, Jenn.  Thanks for letting us know!  
doreen_peri
Unregistered
Posts 180

6 posted 2005-09-05 11:34 PM

Jenn!!!

I'm so glad to hear you are safe! Thank you for posting this! I haven't been to this website for years. ... I'm so happy I'm here right now to hear you are safe! When you get internet access more often, please get in touch with me!

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
7 posted 2005-09-05 11:44 PM

there you are!  Glad you checked in everyone was worried about you Jenn.  Hang in there, and let us know if you need anything will ya?
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
8 posted 2005-09-06 12:09 PM

Wow, its fantastic news, you are OK!
Your area got hit pretty hard from what I saw on TV. Its interesting that you commented on NOT seeing the news that you were part of...I remember feeling that same way once when someone half way round the world called to see if I was OK after the Northridge quake. They were seeing more current news broadcasts than I was!  
Welcome home

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
9 posted 2005-09-06 12:59 PM

Jenn, I am so glad you are safe.  Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole region.   .....jo
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
10 posted 2005-09-06 06:46 AM

Jenn, it's great to see you and to know you are OK. Thanks for letting us know!
Startime55
Member Elite
since 2003-04-05
Posts 2148
Alberta, Canada
11 posted 2005-09-06 12:31 PM

I am so glad to hear you are safe...everyone was really worried about you...let us know if you need anything....***BIG BIG HUGS***

Gentle Spirit
Member Patricius
since 2000-10-09
Posts 13989

12 posted 2005-09-06 03:34 PM

Thank God Jen, its so great to know that you are safe.  God Bless ya gal.  Thanks for checking in.
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
13 posted 2005-09-06 04:42 PM

She is the Temptress! So nice to know you are well. But don't forget to add Arizona to your list. Just glad you are okay.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

She
since 2002-11-29
Posts 41
14 posted 2005-09-07 09:13 PM

I have definetely seen a lot more help from a lot more states since I made my list above. It is simply amazing. Miles and miles of snapped power poles and a lot of them are going up at an amazing speed. Thank God for all the help we're getting right now.
I was at my apartment cleaning and packing yesterday and a military vehicle was just driving around. They were asking if everyone was okay and if anyone needed anything.
The restuarant I work for is doing what they can back at home office, but I can't wait to get the place itself open again so I can go back to work.  Meanwhile, a neighbor is a manager at another restaurant entirely and has offered me a job when they open on Saturday. I remain loyal to the one I work for now, but work is work.

Last night I saw footage taken from the air of the beach near Marine Life where all the boats are docked and it looks to me like a huge empty slab. More from that footage made me feel even more blessed than I already feel. Some of the stories are heartbreaking.  

Ohh...Also a couple of days ago I saw a huge green truck pulling a trailer. It was an Animal Planet rescue vehicle.

Thats all for now, folks. Thanks for your prayer and thoughts. I'm still learning a lot down here!

Jenn/Temptress

"You put a stain on all of my good days."
Matchbox Twenty "Disease"

She
since 2002-11-29
Posts 41
15 posted 2005-09-07 09:24 PM

everyone....anyone....

As far as what I need right now, I could really use some friendly voices.  I have been busy cleaning and packing and trying to figure out what to do next, and occasionally during the day this whole situation here gets to me a little bit.

If anyone would like my cell number to give me a call to say hello please just let me know in this thread and I will e-mail it to whoever will have it.

thanks

"You put a stain on all of my good days."
Matchbox Twenty "Disease"

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
16 posted 2005-09-07 10:00 PM

big smile

hugs to you Jenn....good to see you sweetie

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » This Is Temptress/Jenn

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary