navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » can anyone help me get out of my poetry slump
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic can anyone help me get out of my poetry slump Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elias Nevermore
since 2007-11-03
Posts 152

0 posted 2008-01-29 02:22 AM

I have been writing few poems lately, and they all seem to be falling flat. The emotions i feel that I must express aren't being preserved by the words that i write. Please help me get out of this slump.
© Copyright 2008 Author Andrew E.L. - All Rights Reserved
TomMark
Member Elite
since 2007-07-27
Posts 2133
LA,CA
1 posted 2008-01-29 12:48 PM

I think that your natural mood is not ready yet. Put them away and go to a park or flower shops or nursery or if possible, mountain.
I only know this much.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2008-02-02 06:59 AM

well, all i know is that you can't push things like this

mine comes when it wants to

though I do listen to music quite a bit to get me inspired but really if you don't have a feeling to write down, it's okay to be in a slump

it happens all the time

Grinch
Member Elite
since 2005-12-31
Posts 2929
Whoville
3 posted 2008-02-02 07:42 AM

Nice poem just needs a little work.

I have been writing few poems lately,
and they all seem to be falling flat.
The emotions I feel that I must express
aren't being preserved by the words that I write.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » can anyone help me get out of my poetry slump

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary