navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Back Soon !!!
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Back Soon !!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HopeS
Member Elite
since 2000-12-22
Posts 4596
Perth Western Australia

0 posted 2005-01-03 10:13 PM

Hi all ,
Well what a start to my new year , I developed a nasty rash around my jaw and underneath my chin just before new years eve , I thought I had been bitten or gotten some kind of alergy , finally after suffering for three days I went to the doctor , he took one look and said that I have " shingles" , he told me that I should have come earlier because tablets are supposed to be taken within 72 hours of the rash , anyway as it was just over 72 hours he still decided to give me the tablets , one of the side affects is now agonising pains in the side of my head , hopefully all will improve in the next few days and I will be back writing and reading

Hope

© Copyright 2005 HopeS - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2005-01-04 08:48 AM

Hope, I had shingles in my 40's around my  waist...and it took me a while to realize the itching wasn't detergent and at the same time I had been visiting a hospital for a dying friend. So I wasn't sure what it was during the first few days.

Stress brings these things on plus if you ever had chicken pocks the virus lays dormant until some reason like stress or others( young children who have chicken pocks and you are re-exposed to it)bringsit out again.
Back then they didn't have anything to help right away and it took me months of sharp knife stabbing pains and almost a year before I didn't notice it any longer. I can't imagine it on my face...so I am sure the pain is very uncomfortable.

Thinking of you and hoping it clears soon.

M

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-01-04 09:36 AM

Ex-husband had shingles on his back - very agonizing and there wasn't much in the way of meds back then, so I hope the doctor can give you something to take away the pain, soon...and we'll look forward to a healthy Hope back in the blue pages, soon...

Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
3 posted 2005-01-04 10:35 AM

Get Better Soon !!
Miss your wonderful words.
Hugs, Chris

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Back Soon !!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary