navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Asian Earthquake
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Asian Earthquake Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands

0 posted 2004-12-26 09:32 PM

I keep them in my thoughts,
All those who died last night
All those lifes, washed away
I keep them in my thoughts
But I'm sure you all will pray

It happened far from my bed, as a Dutch saying goes, but somehow it got very close, because my eldest daughter Iske May and her partner Jerry had planned to go on holidays in about two weeks to one of those little islands below Phuket in Thailand.
I'm so grateful they didn't plan to go earlier, because they would have been washed away from their beach house as were so many.

They are very concerned as to what happened on the Maladives, because Jerry lived there for two years as a diving instructor and still has friends living there.

Just had to let you know.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

© Copyright 2004 Titia Geertman - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2004-12-26 09:38 PM

It was awful Titia...I don't know how they will be able to rebuild from what I have seen on the news and they said that this is not the end of the Tsunamis or earthquakes that there is to be the after shocks and that it could happen even in a year from now...

The devastation and loss of lives is almost unbelievable. I hope your daughter  stays closer to home for a vacation.

hugs
M

icebox
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 4383
in the shadows
2 posted 2004-12-26 11:22 PM

Tsunami - angry god in ocean's form.

We can send positive thoughts until relief for the living can be organized.

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
3 posted 2004-12-27 01:50 AM

I have been reading some of the initial reports, and sit here shaking my head, how tragic, and how fast mother nature takes away so many. The world community now has yet another disaster of unbelievable magnitude to deal with. I've been in many earthquakes, but never over 7.2, and cannot even imagine an 8.9 and the tsunami that followed.
So many lost.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2004-12-27 04:48 AM

sending my prayers for them all
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
5 posted 2004-12-27 09:15 AM

How fragile we are! May the International community be efficient in the assistance of those who survived, as they are in need of everything. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones.
May the Nations allocate funds for the reconstruction, instead of allocating them for weapons.
I am glad that your daughter and her partner are safe. Hopefully also their friends!
Love, Margherita

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
6 posted 2004-12-30 12:53 PM

Dear Titia:

What a blessing for you all, that your daughter and her partner had not gone to the Maldives, as they planned.  I can't even imagine what it would be like to have had somone you love, in that area at present. What a catastrophe!

Love
Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2004-12-30 04:02 PM

TitiaDear~
The news just keeps getting worse as the reports from the area are rolling in~
Sadness of such tremendous magnitude~

I definitely am holding all in prayerful vigil~

I believe that some of our member poets live in the regions hit ... am hoping to hear that they are safe~
Anyone heard anything ?

Thank you darling lady ...~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram <))><

Email noles1@totcon.com

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
8 posted 2004-12-31 01:25 AM

Sending positive thoughts.   ....jo
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Asian Earthquake

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary