navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Freyja...
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Freyja... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow

0 posted 2004-12-14 04:21 PM

Well, today was Freyja's 2 month appointment. She had one with the pediatric cardiologist, and she'll have to go back to get a heart sonogram to rule out a hole in her heart.

Otherwise, she's gone from 6lbs 5oz at birth, to 9lbs 12oz. She got her first set of shots, and she seems to be doing better now than she was when she got them, lol. She screamed, then pouted.. It was so very sad.

She's now sleeping, and I'm hoping she feels better after she gets some rest.

Well, that's all for the update.. Hope you all are doing well, and happy holidays!

© Copyright 2004 Meghan Armitage - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-12-14 04:40 PM

She appears to be doing very well!  I want a follow up on the heart situation.  I have a slight murmur, been there all of my life...so far it hasn't caused any problems that I can tell...[or could be the reason for several ] but her weight gain looks good, and if she has good lungs, another plus...

So keep us advised, ok?

for you and the baby

Cloud 9
since 2004-11-05
Posts 980
Ca
2 posted 2004-12-14 04:54 PM

She is gaining weight!!! That's great. My daughter had a heart murmur, that was scary for me. Please keep us up todate on her progress. (((big hugs))) for you and the baby. Glad her shots went well. Any fever???
Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
3 posted 2004-12-14 05:07 PM

No fever yet. I'm going to check her when she wakes up again. We gave her some tylenol, and that seems to help. I have to massage her legs where she got her shots, too, which makes her very angry.
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
4 posted 2004-12-14 05:21 PM

Oh she sounds wonderful, and spirited too     gotta love that. (don't forget "the vibrations" during times like these right?     they help!) Works as a great massager too Meghan.  Come to think of it, they are great inventions aren't they?  I am in the heart murmur club as well, and when I get stressed my heart bops when it should beep, but never holds me back any, and did lots of sports.

Freyja is gaining nicely and maybe if she is smiling today or tomorrow, will she get to go see Santa at all?  Even for a picture in a red dress for her Gramma?

Did I ever tell you that my son was 12, 11 when born and his girls were both over 10 lbs?  How's that for hefty?  

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
5 posted 2004-12-14 08:43 PM

Thanks for sharing the joys of your little one with us.
I have two heart murmurs, had them most of my life, perhaps, since birth, though no diagnosis was ever made 'till I was 12. Some problems, but as you can tell, they haven't stopped me. So many many have a murmur, and they never even know, as it usually never even slows them down.
It sounds like she is gaining weight nicely.

Kaoru
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
6 posted 2004-12-15 05:30 AM

I'd almost wished I'd had a 9 pounder, but my little baby suits me really well. I had a ton of amniotic fluid, so we THOUGHT she'd be huge.

She's been just gulping down 6oz a feeding, so I'm guessing she'll be gaining steadily.

She was VERY VERY upset when she woke from her nap, and for the first time in 2 months, she had tears rolling down her cheeks. This all made me realize how mild mannered and great she is when she hasn't gotten poked and prodded.

My poor baby's legs ached so bad, she and I decided a warm bath would do the trick. She loved it.

She seems to be feeling much better now, the tylenol has helped and my holding her constantly has also helped.. I don't mind!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
7 posted 2004-12-15 05:56 AM

You sound like you are both doing so well...

happy for you.. hope you have a wonderful first Christmas together

M

LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

8 posted 2004-12-15 07:44 AM

Oh Lord, you bring tears to my eyes, what a wonderful Christmas Gift....

Children are indeed one of our great purposes...

God bless you both, keeping all my toes and fingers crossed that all goes well...please keep us in tune...hugs and sending along much love to you both....

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
9 posted 2004-12-18 10:01 PM

ah motherhood...

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
10 posted 2004-12-18 11:26 PM

Where's our picture of Freyja with Santa m'dear?  Can't wait to see her in her first red velvet dress
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Freyja...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary