navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » There's no place like home!
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic There's no place like home! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York

0 posted 2004-11-14 04:52 PM

A few days ago I posted that I was going to take a break because life was to stressful, well I went to see the kids  I babysit perform in the play "The Wizard of Oz" and I think that by leaving poetry (my home) out in the dark my life isn't going to get any easier. I am glad that you all have supported me on venturing to find my heart.

There is no place like home and I am glad it is with all of you.

I am just glad that I can share poetry and learn from the best of the best... I love you all.

© Copyright 2004 Kellie M. Cantrell - All Rights Reserved
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
1 posted 2004-11-20 11:49 AM

"Well, I am going to take off, I don't want to worry about poetry anymore"

I guess we were all supposed to come running, begging you not to go?

Kellie, one day you'll learn the difference between creating drama and having it happen on its own. Get over yourself.

Not trying to sound mean here, but people don't forget things all that easily.

You still have a lot of growing up to do.

Being a senior member here, having over 30,000 posts, living here for five years, seeing other people's real issues and troubles, I think I have the right to say that.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
2 posted 2004-11-20 12:41 PM

Dixie, I understand what you meant but it was a bit mean. She is just a kid after all. Cut her some slack. We all come here for a safe place...she deserves the same...
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2004-11-20 01:13 PM

quote:
Not trying to sound mean here, but people don't forget things all that easily.

You still have a lot of growing up to do.

Being a senior member here, having over 30,000 posts, living here for five years, seeing other people's real issues and troubles, I think I have the right to say that.

really Dixie? you have that right?
Then perhaps anyone whose been in pips for awhile can all come on here and remind you about all your mistakes and "drama posts" huh?
Yeah..."people don't forget things all that easily."

Most any of us who has been here posting our hearts have made mistakes and done things we regret...myself included...
Kellie is no different...but this is the second time you posted a personal attack on her...
I saw the other thread on this topic.
(your "burning bridges" comment)
Unless you've never went up in flames in here...I wouldnt be so quick to be deliberately cruel.

Adults set the examples for those coming up...is this the kind of example you want to give?

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
4 posted 2004-11-20 01:39 PM

not trying to be cruel
just honest

this post has been up here for six days and no one was here to say "hey welcome home, glad you changed your mind"

I suppose I should have just let the lack of replies speak for itself

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
5 posted 2004-11-20 05:39 PM

Ok, let me be the first then to say Welcome home. I'm glad you changed your mind and I'm sure many others are too.

Pete

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

6 posted 2004-11-20 06:25 PM

Welcome home, Kellie.

(And you are always welcome at my sister's site as well.)

Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
7 posted 2004-11-20 06:52 PM

LOL, I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away for long. I've noticed you posting a lot in teen, perhaps that is working out well for you.
I'm going to take a break even though its hard to do, so I understand.

*Alli4000*
Deputy Moderator 10 Tours
Member Elite
since 2004-03-21
Posts 3188
The World of Poetry
8 posted 2004-11-20 07:45 PM

Welcome back Kellie!!
Glad that your posting in teen because thats the main place I read and I love reading your poems!
Lol...glad your back and glad that your enjoying g-mail!  

~Alli~

*:.AIM = Alli4000.:*   My Journal
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened...

Ringo
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-02-20
Posts 3684
Saluting with misty eyes
9 posted 2004-11-20 07:57 PM

This is my first look at the sight for a long while, so I guess it is also my "I'm back"... and guess what... life got complicated for me, and is continuing to be so.... Now... I am not saying this because I am wishing to "create drama" (was that the phrase??) or anything of that nature... I am also not saying it to make light of Kellie's situation... I am saying it to remind members that most of us on here feel that through our shared love of words, and our shared experiences, and through our associsation with each other off the site, we have made friends and wish to share parts of our life (the good and the bad) with our friends.
I hope that we never forget that.. well... most of us haven't...

Hello to everyone of my friends here, and I promise to post again... one of these years... lol

In the wooden chair
Beside my window
I wear a face born in the falling rain

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
10 posted 2004-11-20 09:08 PM

quote:
...we have made friends and wish to share parts of our life (the good and the bad) with our friends.

Welcome home, Ringo!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
11 posted 2004-11-21 12:27 PM

Hey Ringo!  Welcome home!
Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
12 posted 2004-11-21 03:27 PM

First thank you for those who welcomed me back.

Let me make it very clear that my previous post about leaving was not to create "drama" I was simply letting you all know what was going on, I did not expect people to beg for me to stay. I could have cared less.

I thought I was being courteous so that those who did care that if there was a lengthy absence that those who did care would not have to worry.

Turns out that I had a sudden creative muse come visit me. I found myself noticing the teen forum, I rarely gave it the time of day. I came back, but instead of posting in open where I have so often posted I ventured to the teen forums and found a place where my poetry fits in.  I am no longer posting my poetry among poems completely out of my league, but there are an occasional few that are WAY out of the ball park but I fit there.

Thank you for taking the time to hear me out.
Smile

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
13 posted 2004-11-21 04:04 PM

We're glad you decided to stay Kellie!
Keep on writing!!

nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
14 posted 2004-11-21 05:16 PM

We all  try to fit in somewhere Kellie, some of us just take a bit longer finding where.

Nice to see you back.

M

Kellie_Cantrell
since 2002-05-22
Posts 1667
New York
15 posted 2004-11-21 09:33 PM

Enchantress and Nakdthoughts Thank You
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
16 posted 2004-11-22 03:18 PM

I have left and come back and left and come back long before PIPs had a home and well after. Welcome back and I truely understand what it is like to know that you will always have a family.

*hugs and blessing in life*

Love,
Ladycat

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » There's no place like home!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary